FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

kencar

Dougie Imrie has a bit of a 'rep' in the First Division.  He certainly has a lot of bookings and was involved in a near-tragic incident involving Hamilton Accies player Ross McCabe.  Apparently, McCabe tackled Imrie and they collided - during the collision McCabe was knocked unconcious, his heart stopped and he was rushed to hospital.  The game was abandoned and McCabe had to retire from football.  The clash was completely accidental - I think that Imrie landed awkwardly on McCabe after the tackle. 

Link 1

Link 2

From those links, Imrie went to speak to him in hospital and I think that the players involved all realised it was a terrible accidnet.  From reading P&B though the incident fuelled intensive rivalry between Accies and Clyde fans, some nasty stuff there.

Aside from that Imrie seems to like to get wired in - excellent, I like that in our team.  Good to have a bit of dig about us.  I hope we sign him.

Correct Chris. As if things weren't bad enough due to Billy "Liar" Reid. A lot of Hamilton fans still feel he deliberately stamped on McCabe as he feel to the ground and that he laughed about it afterwards. I very much doubt that to be the case.

Anyway, this is a very surprising signing. Looks like Black has a rival for getting the most yellow cards.

I like his attitude .....

"Being able to play in a couple of positions, I hope, widens the chance of getting a game. It's all down to hard work and playing well every week that gives you the chance and that's what I'm looking for. There are a number of players who have come in from the lower leagues to clubs like Inverness and Dundee United and I want to show what I can do against the so-called bigger teams. I offer a lot in terms of my work-rate, I always give 110 per cent and I have an eye for goal. This is a team game and I'm here to work my socks off for Inverness." full story HERE

yeah - I did notice the comment about it being a wrench to leave his family in the courier version of the article ....

"At first I was a bit wary about moving so far away from my family but once I had spoken to Craig and talked things through I was pleased about the move."  - FULL ARTICLE

hopefully he will do well, the fans will take to him, and he will find it to be an ever bigger wrench to leave Inverness when the time comes

Looked pretty impressive today I thought, at last somebody who's willing to run at a defence. Decent pace too, played wide on the left but gets about the park. Think Brew's got a real find there, must confess I'd never even heard of him.

"At first I was a bit wary about moving so far away from my family "

Well, it is a six day journey by mule over the hills, and with no electricity north of Perth you can't even send an email.

He looks keen on the field though, so hopefully he'll do well.

OK - enough already with the (off topic) pictures which are really "anything goes" territory ... the last one nearly made me choke on my cornflakes.

Don't give them ideas, Scotty....

Even in "Anything Goes" we try and maintain some kind of standards of decency and good taste....  :018:

Guest Fairways Flyer

Back to the player's ability...from what I've heard from pals down south who've seen him  quite a few times in the First Division, I'm afraid they don't rate him :007:

Lets give him a chance, he is just in the door and possibly still unpacking his suitcases and people are writting him off. What a welcome. I hope that the Fairways Flyers pals are wrong and he goes on to score lots of goals and be a great asset to the club.

Back to the player's ability...from what I've heard from pals down south who've seen him  quite a few times in the First Division, I'm afraid they don't rate him :007:

I heard exactly the same myself, IMO it seems like a panic buy from the manager since all of his other targets either went elsewhere for far more than we were willing to pay or stayed at c*unty.

Two years ago the lad was a part-timer. I believe he played a striker role at Clyde. Unfortunately, in his time there, the whole team have been pretty poor so I wouldn't judge him on that. He played half a game on saturday and I thought done very well. I think left wing could be his best position for us. He has some pace, but needs to work on it more. He's strong and is not frightened to run at defences. I believe he will fit in well with our squad and systems and I see him making a name for himself at ICT.

Aberdeen and Kille were (reportedly) interested, but not interested enough to pay anything for him before the end of his contract. Brewster believed otherwise and it will either backfire on him or we may have got a gem.

He banged the goals in at junior level, he hasnt done that badly for Clyde and seems to be a player who may fit right in with the Caley Thistle ethos we have all talked about in the past - ie. someone who may not be the best player in the league but who has said he will work his socks off to prove he is capable at this level. Discipline may be his biggest weakness and Brewster has already commented on that.

I liked his comments in the paper and think that all those who are slagging him off before he has even got started are bang out of order. We are supposed to be supporters yet we seem to want to behave like a tacky tabloid in grinding him into the dirt before we have even seen what he can do. Give the lad a chance FFS. If he turns out to be crap then fair enough, slag him off, slag Brewster off, slag the DoF .... but until he has had a chance to show what he can do give him at least a bit of support !

Aberdeen and Kille were (reportedly) interested,

Aberdeen have got such good talent spotters they signed Duff, as for Killie, well just look at the table.

I am willing to give the guy a chance but from reports I have gotten from central belt colleagues even a few half decent performances from him will be a bonus, let's hope the management can draw the best from him. I hope I am as wrong about Imrie as I was about Dargo and Rankin to start with and dare I say it Brewster's return but thankfully I am just an over opinionated supporter and not a football professional.