FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reasons to sack Brewster

Council Juice

If I work for a bank as a cashier, I can't necessarily run a bank as the MD (although I may be allowed to run it into the ground). Brew was a fantastic striker but I've never been convinced about his ability off the field. This last run makes it look pretty grim. I've no doubt the guy wants the best for this club - I'm just far from convinced that he can deliver.

I've no doubt the guy wants the best for this club - I'm just far from convinced that he can deliver.

Here Here!!!

...and as he is 'rues' the teams performance toda, who's contract does he intend to rip up this week?

Bayne's for not filling the void left by Wyness - a player dropped in an effort to give him the best chance to 'prove his worth'?

Vigurs for not performaing to his full potential when in a match up against fellow strugglers in a 'must win' game?

Rossco for playing in a rather unfarmiliar position selected by the manager, when he should have been at his office in defence?

Black for taking a penalty when it should have been Rankin, whom he sold on to Hibs for miles less than his worth?

The list is endless, and the excuses for the performances pointless. Brew lost the dressing room when he pledged his loyalty and fecked off last time... he lost the dressing room at Utd after less than 2 months in the hot seat, and now it appears he has no idea which way to turn to get the motivation and passion going again.

Has anyone actually come out to defend brew? It seems he's lost everyone. Fans, players, everyone.

He has confessed he doesn't know the problem. Therefore he can't know the solution. Therefore we need someone who does!

Has anyone actually come out to defend brew? It seems he's lost everyone. Fans, players, everyone.

He has confessed he doesn't know the problem. Therefore he can't know the solution. Therefore we need someone who does!

I could defend him by pointing out that since the day he came back, he's had Niculae hanging round his neck like a millstone.

That was not a problem of his making... but I do believe it may have lead to his downfall... :018:

I just wish he'd addressed the problem when it was becoming obvious that paying him so much, in return for so little was not conducive to team harmony. He should have told Savage there was no place in his side for such an over-paid under-performer...

Marius did have a decent spell around November/December but no way did it justify his earnings..

Has anyone actually come out to defend brew?

Not me I am afraid. I was on here defending him to the hilt when he arrived and during the dodgy spell until he got settled in. I then thought I was justified during the good spell. The Falkirk game was the tipping point for me.  The stats now speak for themselves. Also, as somebody else has said, the one great thing about supporting Caley was, although there were very few 'stars' in the team,  the work ethic,  team spirit and never say die attitude made them worth watching.

All I will say in defence is that the qualities above seemed to being going under Charlie and were resurrected for a short while when Brew came.  But regardless of the history of the recent troubles he is not sorting them and they are getting worse.

I've no doubt the guy wants the best for this club - I'm just far from convinced that he can deliver.

Brew lost the dressing room when he pledged his loyalty and fecked off last time...

As I read it he carried most of the dressing room the first time round, mainly because he could change things with his boots: he lost half of it when he brought Malky back this time round, and the rest when he started trashing the squad, culminating in the Wyness Contract ****-up.

Edited to add: I've no doubt that Niculae's presence has made things 'quite challenging' in contract negotiations  :007:

Quite apart from his shotcomings as a football head coach which are clear from his teams' results and performances both with us and at Dundee United, His mishandling of John Rankin and misguded treatment of Dennis Wyness demonstrate that he doesn't have the ability to manage in the wider sense of the word.