FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reasons to sack Brewster

Council Juice

I'm mortified at todays result to Kilmarnock and this year has been like that for 10 games now. I think Brewster is over the honeymoon period and if he doesn't step down, Someone should remove him from the position. (the capital S in Someone suggests divine intervention as the board have no stones)

I've thought of several reasons for his need to leave. Here are a few:

Thats no wins in 10 I think now and only 5 scored

He sold probably our most in form player and most creative in John Rankin because he was to lazy to get anything from him and isolated him.

He only got 100k for him. Motinho of Falkirk was about to be sold for 250k before he missed a flight and thats with 6 months on his contract. I rate Rankin as a far better player than Motinho (excuse spelling) who had longer on contract and was scoring important goals. I'd say ?250k would be a steal. I live in Edinburgh and Hibs fans have showered praise on Rankin and particularly noted his eagerness to take a shot. I hate Hibs. This is not on to see hibs doing well and Hibs fans happy! - That is also Brews fault!!

He pissed of Duncan with his contract before he re signed thankfully and now he's went back on Wyness's contract, torn it up and told him to wait until the end of the season. Wyness therefore feels let down, hurt and without any options other than to secure him and his familes future by looking for a new club.

Wyness is a club legend. 101 goal in 239 games. He is a fans favourite and even if he was surplus to requirements should not be treated this shoddily.

There are 3 players that Brewster has annoyed with his shoddy man management. 3 player who have been great servants. Even Rankin for his season and a half. It's no coincidence we've only won against gretna since he left.

Last and most important reason. Brewster is, and always shall be.... a ***!

His post - match interview today was embarrassing, and more or less confirmed that he has no idea what is going wrong, never mind how to fix it. Lets face it, if not for the Gretna factor we would be odds on for relegation this season, and if you remember last season he did the same thing to Dundee United, who got rid of him in the nick of time. Now look at them this season, with no large scale signings and having lost their most influential player - the only difference is the manager. Brewster the player manager was helped by his form onfield - as a manager he is clueless ! :007: :007:

He can't even come up with decent cliched comments " We could have played till midnight and not scored" WE DID SCORE! and 1st albeit a penalty, we should at least stay tight if we can't get goals.

Our defence this season is among the worst in the league which is very disheartening as last season it was 3rd or 4th BEST. Come back Dods please!

His interview was more than embarassing - sounded like the last few when at DUFC - run out of excuses and ideas.

He pissed up his answer to the question on Denzil and then said he was waiting for the reaction - not much chance of a recation if he's not even on the bench never mind in the team.

His interview was more than embarassing - sounded like the last few when at DUFC - run out of excuses and ideas.

I think he always sounds like an idiot in inteviews.

As I live in edinburgh now (and am skint) i dont make to as many games nowadays but from what im seeing on the tv we are looking awfull. Todays result is a total joke and for the first time since our formation in 1994 im not proud of the way we are playin football. Makes me long for the 'pele' days.

To summarise i think bringing brewster back is the first major mistake made by our club and the quicker they realise it the better.

Rant over.

P.S. Why was cowie dropped today?

There are plenty of reasons to sack him, or ask him to vacate the position.  The only thing on his CV that looks good is manager of the month in December, not that long ago, but it seems like ages, we have had nothing to cheer for almost three months.

What the **** has gone wrong Craig, the club is in disarray and the fans are extremely unhappy.

The keep it clean refers to name calling, it's not good.....maybe true, but not the route to go down.

He says he doesn't know whats going wrong.  If he doesn't know who does?  Also we have more or less the same squad that had that great run before xmas so it can't be the players.  WHO DOES THAT LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Brewster you weren't wanted when you retyrned bring back Robbo.

Guest WynessLegend

Aside from the disgraceful treatment of Wyness..................

His failure to note that Cowie was an excellent player on the right side of midfield - and is an average player in central midfield.

His failure to note that many of our recent defensive lapses have been caused by the hole left in our defence when Rossco takes it on himself to be a right winger and deserts his post.

His failure to note that our best football, and best results, have come when we use the ball on the ground. Disaster comes when we hoof it up to Bayne.

That's three .................. you want more?

He says he doesn't know whats going wrong.  If he doesn't know who does?  Also we have more or less the same squad that had that great run before xmas so it can't be the players.

We definitely have the players.  Our pre-Xmas run proves that beyond a doubt.  I just don't see any evidence of leadership or vision at all.  CB has seemingly lost the players.  He's definitely lost the fans.  Today's post match interview is leading me to suspect he's losing the plot.

We need performances that come from unity in the squad and players motivated to perform to the best of their abilities.  We don't have a team full of superstars, but we do get TEAM performances that become greater than the sum of the parts.

But that requires some kind of leadership, man-management and unity and support from the top down.

All the good things that make our club one to be proud of seem to be dissolving in front of my eyes, and I just don't see CB doing anything to stop it............

CB has seemingly lost the players.

Can't be that bad if Rossco, Duncan and Wyness were all happy to agree contract extensions this month, can it?

But, were they really all 'happy' to sign?  I can't imagine Rossco playing for anyone else, Wyness is by all accounts pretty settled and (was!) predisposed to stay, and Duncan hardly rushed to sign.

I'm trying not to look on the dark side, honest!  I just don't see the collective team spirit that has been one of our major strengths.

I also don't think it's exclusively CB's fault that we're not getting results, but he's the one that has to be SEEN to be dealing with the situation, and he's not filling me with confidence of late!

Brew's definitely lost the players on the basis of this afternoon's debacle. Don't forget this is basically the same group of players who beat Hearts 3-2 at Tynecastle in December with a tremendous fighting performance. Something very far wrong in the state of the Caley Jags, very far wrong.