FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

George Fraser is new chairman...

Johnboy

Can someone tell me a  bit about George Fraser....you know...what he does etc. Av never heard anything about him.

Me neither, Smee... But according to Ronaldo he likes football, so that's a good start...!!  :023:

Rok plc, the UK provider of development, building and maintenance services, has acquired Tulloch Construction, Civils and services. The acquisition is in line with Rok's strategy of becoming known as the Nation's Local Builder? with plans to have a presence in most of the UK's major towns and cities through a combination of organic growth and acquisition.

Some 875 people in Tulloch Construction's offices in Inverness, Thurso, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Tain, Elgin, Oban, Nairn and Fort William have transferred to Rok. George Fraser, head of Tulloch Construction, is now Rok's Managing Director in Scotland and David Sutherland, of Tulloch Homes, has join the Rok Board as a non executive director.

Rok have been active in Central Scotland for some years from a successful base in Glasgow but gains considerable strength from acquiring Tulloch Construction. Rok's Chief Executive Garvis Snook said: "Tulloch Construction, with its strong presence in Scotland, is exactly the type of respected, community-minded builder that fits the Rok model. We're delighted to welcome Tulloch to the Rok family and in particular David Sutherland, with his wealth of experience and relationships in Scotland.?

Fraser may not have money but ROK Group do.

Fraser may not have money but ROK Group do.

Fraser is an employee of ROC, Therefore the money is not his to spend, the only thing i can see coming out of this appointment is the possible sponsorship development of ICT.

I suppose if ROC are as interested in local business development as they claim to be, we might see a few more ROC's about the stadium instead of the breakwater.

Sutherland stepped down from the Rok Board of Directors at the end of last year.

However, when they sold Tulloch Construction, Civils and services the deal was done by way of a "share swap" and Tulloch ended up with a substantial shareholding in Rok Plc instead of getting the ?31.3 Million sale value in cash.

I have a feeling that we could see Rok purchase the remainder of the available shares at ICT, basically giving Sutherland a near majority shareholding via the back door.  i.e. He won't own them directly but he'll have a say/control over how they are used when it comes to voting.

. He won't own them directly but he'll have a say/control over how they are used when it comes to voting.

Think he's had that for a while now Don.

I'm talking about the unsold shares the club are sitting on.  The ones that Sutherland/Tullochs can't buy directly as it would force a situation whereby they would have to then make an offer for everyones shares.  As Sutherland is no longer on the Board of Directors at Rok then Rok could purchase these shares without any "legal" conflict of interest arising from the deal.  However, due to Sutherlands connection with Rok he would undoubtedly have influence over how they were used....especially as the new chairman is a member of the Old Boys Club and would undoubtedly act on behalf of Rok when it came to voting etc.

If this happened then Sutherland (Tulloch/Rok) would be able to carry just about any vote they wanted on the strength of their combined shareholding without the need to keep other shareholders onside.

Whether this would be a good thing or a bad thing is open for debate...I'm just highlighting what I feel is very real possibility.

Guest Mahonio

Well lets hope he has the guts to Sack Craig Brewster unlike Alan Savage who had a perfectly good reason to sack him when we were on that terrible winless run.