FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trust for Brew

Guest TinCanFan

How much trust do you have in Brewster in keeping ICT up next season?  

197 members have voted

1. 1.

• I have complete trust
    • I trust him a little
    • I don't trust him much
    • I don't trust him at all

I also think it would be desirable to have a well connected DoF, but would the club be in a position to pay the going rate for a high calibre and well connected individual.  I've heard that Willie Miller is on ?100k plus at Aberdeen.  How many players could that sum account for at ICT? 

The current DoF was given ?50,000 going by the last set of accounts I saw, so the difference between that and a higher calibre replacement isn't that big.

I have the utmost respect for Grassa and the job he has done and the part he has played in getting us where we are, but just like many other areas of the club we need to step things up a bit and take the whole thing to the next level.

One good set of signings, a youngster we get on the cheap or a decent player we grab on a free through a "better connected" DoF would easily cover the additional expense.

The DoF was paid ?40,833 and this was in recongnition of 6 years prior service which went unpaid.  It is unclear whether he will be paid an equivalent amount this financial year - we'll have to wait for this year's accounts to find out.

I think a DoF is a luxury for a "club of our size" - (copyrite: C Christie 2006/08) and I would prefer to the spend ?100k on two experienced players which could be the difference between top 6 or flirting with relegation.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Grant

I don't believe any of your second points were in your first post so go back to school tomorrow and work hard it will hold you in good stead. While you're at it read what the Scarlet Pimple wrote, now that is the BEST post i've seen on here in a long time.

P.S. You can reply in the morning you're mummy has maybe tucked you up already !  T***,  29 you're having a laugh

Darling Boy--this your Headmaster and Grandfather speaking...  time for your school lesson.  :018:

My name is Pimple not Pimpernel. The latter name  is my Father's and goes back for hundreds of years. The Pimple is unique and has many names, many disguises and many opinions.He cannot by the law of the Pimpernel Dynasty use his father's surname whilst the father is still alive since this would lessen the lustre and tarnish the tartan, and attract too much negativity  and attention from the lower reaches of the underworld to the clandestine activities of the organisation.

Having considered your opinion  and consulted (for relief from boredom )with Mz Moneypenelope of the front desk down at the Hall as to her take on your squint-eyed views she replied by making the gesture of brushing the dandruff off of her shoulder  as if it is unnecessary chaff in the wind.

To educate yourself, consult carefully with the posts of The Man for All Seasons (sorry, the job),

and the illustrious Buckett who can sum up a whole page with two or three pithy words. and learn from these ancient  and revered poster s on here.

I  also give the occasional private lesson to those I deem worthy of my brilliance and you do seem to have ....something...going for you so for a private consultation just send me a P.M.  :crazy07: :sillywave:

Although the Pimple has  , like his forbears,  a very high IQ --somewhere in the region of 140 on the Mensa scale, he is also always ready to give praise where praise is due. :002:

So Ralph Milne, keep up the good work--there may be an opening for you also down at the Hall in the not too distant future. The post of ball -boy for the fitness knockabouts is currently available but the competition is stiff .However,at 500 pounds per day for starters, needless to say you will require to be put on the roster. However, don't worry too much about that , the roster is all for show and real men climb the ladder quickly... :015: for a backhander to Mz Moneypenelope who handles all monetary transactions , above -board or dubious, in true Pimpledom fashion . It's a murky world . But I love it. Spying is the name, skull duggery the game. :011:

I think he might have. In the andy barrowman thread, brewster says that barrowman is the summers top transfer target. Doesnt say much for the club does it althought barrowman clearly is good, if hes the top target then brewster must have is eyes on some rubbish then.

Secondly, towards the end of the sesson, why oh why did he not give the youngsters a run out, he played vigurs for a bit in a game and rory too but when theres nothing to play for, give the youngsters a chance to prove them selfs. I was shocked when CB put on hart i think it was instead of vigurs. Harts leaving in the summer so why play him!!!

Thank feck you lot aint managers!!  maybe it passed you by but there was a little matter of ?75k to play for, playing all the young players might have meant we lost 9th place.

He did play Rory three times and Vigurs came on twice and scored, although with Rory its a lost cause in my mind.

Also i think Rankin was away when Parkie went to hibs, that was quite obvious to most fans.

Guest Aboynamedsue

I'm a woman so I ain't ever going to be a caley manager!!

Dont underestimate yourself reedee , many women have more sense than men !

Guest Aboynamedsue

:029: Name them :014:

I'm not naming names , I need to protect their identities

you'll just have to remain in suspenders  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

brewster says that barrowman is the summers top transfer target. Doesnt say much for the club does it althought barrowman clearly is good, if hes the top target then brewster must have is eyes on some rubbish then.

no argument there. He was banging them in in div2 but previously couldnt do it in Div1 or SPL .... maybe he has improved and/or matured but still very unproven ... not what I would call an inspired "top target". Not sure who is out there, who is available, or who is willing to come to ICT given our location (the usual excuse) and our recent reputation (right or wrong) for shoddy treatment of players but I would like to think there might be a few decent bodies available. If not, then why did/do we **** around with people who were proven at SPL level

Secondly, towards the end of the sesson, why oh why did he not give the youngsters a run out, he played vigurs for a bit in a game and rory too but when theres nothing to play for, give the youngsters a chance to prove them selfs. I was shocked when CB put on hart i think it was instead of vigurs. Harts leaving in the summer so why play him!!!

As Caley100 mentioned, there is the small matter of 75K per place. The manager has to put out what he considers to be the best team he can. I am all for trying out these youngsters but there has to be a balance between players who already have SPL experience and those who we hope will have lots of that experience in the (near) future.

Brewster lost it when he let Rankin go to Hibs, and when he screwed up with Black. Why has he not been let go?

I have heard numerous stories about various things this season, but one that kept coming back to me from different sources was that Brewster had to deal with a sizeable amount of "resistance" from various parties when he first returned. He is not going to be popular when trying to break up cliques, or when he changes training routines so they are more "professional". I also dont blame him if he did (as rumoured) go nuts when one or two players were (allegedly) excused training to go to a Champions league match !!! As with most stories, there are always two sides .... and the moans and groans we heard were usually coming from only one of those !

have we ever sacked a manager??

not officially ... although our first manager Sergei Baltacha did leave at the end of our first season to make way for Steve Paterson. Some say he was sacked, others say it was "mutual consent" but if he didnt go then he probably would have been sacked

I am no big Brewster fan ... having moved from the fervently anti-Brew camp to the Undecided camp .... but sometimes a lot of us (myself included) dont see the full picture until we step back and have a wider look .... got told a few things during my trip back to Inverness that made me do that !

aye,

I could be Scotland's first female manager!!

I suppose most men on this Forum would disagree with this idea!!

Guest Aboynamedsue

aye,

I could be Scotland's first female manager!!

I suppose most men on this Forum would disagree with this idea!!

Dont take any heed of them ,  they're just male chauvinists  :crap01:

Seems to me that 9th place is the worst we have been in the spl. Other years we got more than 75000.

Not sure what the total amount will be but 75k is the difference between places. i.e if 12th get 500k then 11th will get 575k and so on up to 7th. Think the differences are a bit more in top half.

RALPH MILNE

Your the schoolboy coming out wi nonsense like that mate! I was backing up my argument in my first post with my 2nd post!

And im still waiting for an adult response to your argument.

And i cant believe you called me a T***.............

This is the first time ive been on the fans forum for about 4 years - i used to go on when this website was at under another server and i stopped cos of idiots like you talking absolute garbage!

I'll be seriously considering posting again!

Seems to me that 9th place is the worst we have been in the spl. Other years we got more than 75000.

Not sure what the total amount will be but 75k is the difference between places. i.e if 12th get 500k then 11th will get 575k and so on up to 7th. Think the differences are a bit more in top half.

Every team gets 4% of the sponsorship revenue guaranteed (48%). The rest of the money is dependent on where you finish.

12th = 0.5%

11th = 1.0%

10th = 1.5%

9th = 2.0%

8th = 2.5%

7th = 3.0%

6th = 3.5%

5th = 4.0%

4th = 4.5%

3rd = 5.5%

2nd = 11.0%

1st = 13.0%