FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

F.A.O. Brew,ICT,SPL..........Up your game!!

Naelifts

With the laudibly ambitious Motherwell board making Mark McGhee an improved package in order to secure his services, I was wondering whether Mr Brewster and Co were going to do the same for me as we approach another season. After the interminable 2007/08 season finally coming to an end, the autopsy and evaluation must take place. Those of you who know me, recognise a fully fledged member of the value-for-money brigade (Neil Young/Tom Waits tickets excepted naturellement!) Next season it will cost me ?10 more to fill my tank with fuel. The tarmacadam snake that is the A9 only gets busier as people belatedly realise the attractions of living in or visiting the Highlands. I would not normally drive for 7hrs to go and see Indiana Jones and the Helmsdale Hermit if I knew that the gig was going to cost me ?70-100, the film was generally poor and the ending predictable. By the same token, if the film was poor, i would not return to see it 4 times in a year! We are stuck in the stagnant and putrid waters of the SPL ( a place I never wanted to be) . I am sick of going to Kilmarnock (the A71 surely being the single worst cross-country route in Europe); likewise Paisley; Falkirk is grim (although at least they try and have a decent guy at the helm). The so-called "big games" are no longer attractive.......we've done it all before. Come on SPL......freshen it up. Let's have a bigger division with more comings and goings at the end of the season. As other pastimes beckon, football must not be complacent.

What improved offer am I going to receive so that i may continue to grace the Innes and Caley Stadium in the coming year?

My initial demands are:

Ambition and quality.....................Are the bean-counters content with the current balance sheet? Is that all that matters? Do they look to the future? How many young converts do you think passed through the turnstiles this season?, how many more next season?. We can't rely on return visits from old codgers like me. I'll pass on the Niculae debate.....it's been done to death. Personally I think it has had a net detrimental effect on ICT. Play the youngsters......get Zander and Vigurs on the park. Just as importantly...........recognise crap when you see it and get rid. Entertainment and excitement is what the punter wants.

Don't treat us like idiots! Be open and honest with us. We pay your wages. Post match interviews should be handled by an articulate club representative and reflect what was on the park. "We played well", "I'm proud of them", We were unlucky". No we weren't!!...We were SH*T.......and it's my fault!

I want guile, understanding and tactical awareness. If something is not going according to plan............fix it!.....and before 87 minutes! Show us that you have an understanding of the game. Everyone in the stands can see that something is wrong long before any action is taken.

Pricing structures need to be looked at. A kid should not have to pay more than a fiver to get into a game. And, certainly, come the meaningless end-of-season matches, I should not pay more than ?10. And while we are at it. Sort the merchandising out.........the shop is a joke!

Stewarding..........I know, I know..it's all been said before. From the car park to the terraces.....you are there to facilitate our enjoyment....remember that! "Have a nice day"

Make the whole package a day out. I don't need pole dancers at half time ( but wouldn't say no). Surely the club can come up with some innovative entertainment. I can only imagine the "show" that Scotty sees when he goes to see Toronto............maybe he can tell us. You could start with a bar!..........remember Falkirks Budwar tent?

It's all easy to say..............harder to do. But that's what we pay you for. ICT and the SPL WILL pay for their complacency. Money is tighter than ever before. Belts are being tightened round the land. As more businesses and pastimes compete for our leisure time we must get our act together.

Like a man who knows that, deep down, his relationship is on the rocks...........I'll give it one last chance..........and we BOTH have to work at it!. But I won't be fobbed off with the promise of a quickie over the kitchen table!

I'm already having an affair with Peebles Rugby Club!    and it upsets me to say that.

Have to say that is a superb post there  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I do, however, doubt the SPL, Club or any other individuals would be willing to make these demands become reality - That, is a very very sad sight to see.

What happened to the ICT Cheerleaders?

What happened to the occasional 5-a-side games for the school kids?

What on earth is the Flybe game all about?

And thats just the half time entertainment. :024:

Great post ..... some praise, some scorn, and a fair bit of insight. There's not a lot I can add to that other than to say you tell the story very well from the point of view of someone who travels or has travelled thousands of miles to watch the club from the lowest reaches to the highest heights.

Aye ya seem to hit the right spot Rod, how long did that one take ya?    :016:  You do make some very valid points tho'

But fer fecks sake ....... Peebles rugby?  :029:

Doungie the skip comes up most games...cadge a lift with Mantis,,, the more that go mean more money for the club.

Those in charge would do well to take a copy of this post, pass it round their cronies throughout the game, and act on it.I'm sure it  represnts very well the mood of many supporters of football nationwide who's enthusiasm,patience,loyalty and wallets are being pushed to the limits

The tarmacadam snake that is the A9 only gets busier

The only positive I can come up with is that the Ballinluig roadworks are finished. And if that ain't enough to reinvigorate your enthusiasm, Big Dougie can always provide a pole for Mantis to dance around.

See, you'd miss the banter!

Yes - an excellent post Mr paramedic - Have to say that I am also beginning to have second thoughts about the drive North when the team are playing such crap and the ever increasing prices. It totally irritates me that the current Management structure and the manager look to have survived the worst season in our history - Lies,lies and more lies - tactical disaster after tactical disaster.

I will watch the pre season movement but I suspect I may be going more for the cheaper Goodison option next season and limit my journeys to back and for jaunts to the Central Belt

I will watch the pre season movement but I suspect I may be going more for the cheaper Goodison option next season and limit my journeys to back and for jaunts to the Central Belt

I know its down to travel (and Beer) cost but never thought I would hear I will take the cheaper option of Goodison over ICT  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: