FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are We Going To Have A Single Experienced Forward Next Season ?

Kingsmills

I'm concerned that we might be very exposed up front next season if, as is likely, the club decide to cash in on Marius's value following his Euro 2008 appearances.

With Denzil already away and strong speculation about Bayne's future that would leave us with McAllister, Wood and possibly Imrie. As far as I can see that forward players that we've been linked with are Barrowman, Dorrans and St Johnstone's Andy Jackson none of whom are dripping with SPL experience.

The prospect of starting next season with Rory as our most experienced striker by a considerable margin is quite frightening. We must make an effort to keep Niculae and to recruit someone who has experience of scoring at SPL level or the equivalent.

Anthony Stokes doesn't seem to be setting the heather alight with Sunderland.  Maybe he'd like another loan period with an SPL side.  He was certainly a regular goalscorer when he was with Falkirk, as we know to our cost!

Though he only spent 6 months with Falkirk, did he not finish something like 2nd or 3rd top goal scorer in the SPL at the end of the season?  I'd have him here in a flash, but would he be willing to come up here?

Rumour has it that Falkirk tried to get Stokes back on loan for next season but without success. He could certainly do a job for ourselves but he must be on ?30,000 a week for warming the bench at Sunderland they would surely want any loan club to pay a third of his wages which would be way beyond us.

Rumour has it that Falkirk tried to get Stokes back on loan for next season but without success. He could certainly do a job for ourselves but he must be on ?30,000 a week for warming the bench at Sunderland they would surely want any loan club to pay a third of his wages which would be way beyond us.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wise up

At these wages he would have to be playing like Superman to  rate as anything like value for money.

Sorry, I dont think IMO that any player is worth that. For them it is hardly a job  merely an avocation with a long mid-year holiday and all paid for by the club. Sigh... and I am now too old even to get a game. :003:

I'll say it again - we will not be getting Jackson from Saint Johnstone. Unless ICT are prepared to bid well over ?100k for the guy we have no chance. His contract has another 2 years to run. We would not be able to get him on the cheap.