FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sean Evans

MichaelICT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fair enough.  He did ok at Clach without setting the heather on fire.  It would be prudent to have another look at him in a match situation and against better quality defenders.  He seems to have plenty of pace and plenty committment.

If Inverness take any more players on trial that i signed in my FM game i'll be suspicious of Brew. has he been prying at me game?

He should sign Denni Advic from elfborg or Mads Albaek (if he exists) Tommy Hoiland, Jonny Howson, Miki Roque and he might emulate my success- only got beat 2-1 on aggregate by barca in my 1st season in europe with successive 4th place finishes and runner up in cup to tic cheats.

Anyway what about Ron-Robert Zeiler if we need a keeper as backup. He's highly rated and if Brew gets on well with Fergie the perhaps a wee loan might be an idea. He's young like but good.

And Evans is a decent shout from what i hear. I was suprised we never went for barnes but i can see brew wanting someone ready to go straight into the 1st team which he may not have been.

Not sure why we are having an Evans love fest, but to be honest he was just less than ordinary.  Nothing to get excited about.  He is probably a very nice chap, and I am sure his dad is too, but it's footballers we are after and I don't think he fits the bill.  Unable to beat Clach or County defenders yet a Welsh U21 international and recommended by Sir Alex.  No point taking him up here just because he was on Uniteds books.  We have players of similar ability and don't need another one.

He was trying...........very trying.

Have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that he isn't going to be an ICT player. Real hunger shown by him and what did people on this board expect him to do? Outplay everyone he came up against just because he was at Man.u? Rankin didn't exactly 'set the heather on fire' either when he arrived at first. Took him a while to get into things. Evans had two games in which to prove himself in an entirely new squad, that were getting changed about during the games and changing formations and in both games I thought he did pretty well in the circumstances considered. Think its funny that we have signed Lionel who by what I've seen and heard is a HUGE liability, and we get rid of a player who has the potential to be a great player for us.

Lionel is an experienced defender. Evans is a midfielder who may make it somewhere but I would imagine Brews thoughts are that the lad has shown no more than the 10 mids we have on the books at the minute. No point signing another mid unless he's a class above the rest.

Wouldnt have minded him seeing as Barry was looking done after half an hour...but he did look shaky last night. But its more defence and attack that need work. :tic01:

Guest neksor

ICT website states that he is NOT being offered a contract.

Watched him on Saturday and last night and did not think he had a real sparkle. He tried very hard but did not quite produce the goods.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

neksor

The main reason y evans did get a contract cld b sumed up in 1 word Sutherland  :symbol_exclaim01:

Do you mean Zander or David ?

Some people accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist but not even I would make that leap. The simple truth seems to be that despite the player's best efforts to impress, and he did have some nice touches according to some people, he simply did not seem to have enough of the right stuff right now for him to be offered a contract.

He may well develop into a good or great player given time but he would essentially have been no more than a developing youngster, playing in the reserves but (presumably) drawing a first team wage so the decision, however hard, seems to be the right one.

Brewster described him as a little nervous in the game. (The steaks of getting a contract probably)

He obviously hasnt shown enough to grant giving him a deal especially as we have about 10 players capable of playing as midfielders.

He may have been a good prospect but in Vigurs and Z Sutherland i think we already have those and in similar wide positions. As brewster stated when he came on trial was that we had alot of midfielders already but he was a wide player and he was looking to see if he offered something different. He probably didnt.

Also his reason for not signing Barnes was he wasnt ready to go straight into the team and Evans probably wasnt there either.

Wish the lad all the best in the future and if Fergie wants to give us other suggestions what about Ronaldo on loan? :021:

Brewster described him as a little nervous in the game. (The steaks of getting a contract probably)

Times must be hard if we're paying players in food these days - or do we have a sponsorship deal with Duncan Fraser? :016:

I haven't seen the lad play, just seems a bit strange that Ferguson would recommend him, unless his opinion of ICT is that low...

Im confused....

We have many of our ICT online friends saying the boy showed passion & talent....

We had Sir Alex Ferguson saying the boy had talent

but Craig Brewster disagreeing and letting him go

who do i believe?

I would say that Dougie Imrie is a far better player  and we also have a lot of other players to fill that position too.

He was keen at the County game but its not quite enough to warrant a contract, Dougie has made that position his own in next to no time.

Its a pity we didn't have someone on the far post or line to head Dougie's corners back across goal at the County match.

It must be hard for players to come up here on trial and despite being technically better they get turned down for people who are part of the furniture

I'm inclined to agree, although this is purely a gut reaction - I didn't see the two friendlies he played in. Obviously there's no point in signing a player who isn't up to standard, but I'm still worried about our lack of attacking options and it seems strange to think that a player that got significantly closer to the Man U first team than Rankin ever did isn't on a par with, say, Imrie or Paatelinen. Hopefully this isn't a repeat of the situation (I think) we had with Liam Buchanan, whom Brewster (if I remember correctly) took on trial but declined to offer a contract immediately.

That said, another central defender is probably more of a priority. 

Hopefully this isn't a repeat of the situation (I think) we had with Liam Buchanan, whom Brewster (if I remember correctly) took on trial but declined to offer a contract immediately.

I think Christie was the manager at that point.