FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BBC Highlights

RiG

*Aberdeen Pummel ICT Apparently*

Rubbish from the BBC.

Where are our efforts in the first half?

The chance for Imrie?

The chance that McBain had chopped off?

Munros outstanding tackle to save a certain goal?

And from an Aberdeen point of view - Mackies glorious chance that he scooped wide?

Dross.

However, it is very much worth watching to hear the Aberdeen fans around two minutes into the video.

"BOOOOOOOOOOO!" :rotflmao:

No better on Setanta.

The BBC should remember its public service ethos. We're not being well served by its coverage of Caley Thistle games. We pay through the nose for the BBC's licence fee and the Setanta sub but are being treated with utter contempt by both.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

You dont normally get much coverage on BBC website, Monday night will be the one to watch for longer highlights.

Anyway, Roy Mcbain must have ran 80 yds from his own box to pick up the pass from Imrie, feckin amazin to sprint that far after 89 mins of football, thats fitness training fer ya.

When will tv companies start to realise that what fans want to :rotflmao: see is more of the game and less of pundits either spouting the bleedin' obvious or talking garbage?

Probably never.

You dont normally get much coverage on BBC website, Monday night will be the one to watch for longer highlights.

same crap highlights on the site that will be played later tonight, exact same as was on setanta

Edited by Mick

Setanta have the full rights and do the filming. I believe there's some rule whereby full highlights cant be shown till after the last game of the week so you might just get better highlights after tonoghts game. On the other hand you might not. After all we're not the OF

The highlights were fine, they showed that we scored two goals and they scored none. Just how I remembered it.

It was a phnomenal run from Roy, from the edge of his own 6 yard box to spot that nobody was overlapping on the right and make the run diagonal, then finish with applomb from 18 yards, just fantastic, what a goal. And a neat reverse pass from Dougie Imrie, simply sublime.

The Setanta offering fer all the SPL games was abysmal - even fer the OF. They concentrated more on the haverings of the drug damaged of McAvennie and Uncle Fester Duffy.

The first goal was a feckin beaut though. Duncan did brilliant to steal possession, Black changed play brilliantly, Imrie evidently feigned to his left foot, Rosscoe sped down the wing on the overlap and delivered a feckin brilliant cross ball and Barrowman showed what a goalscorer does best - preying at the back post and finding the net. Great to see most of the players running to the fans - even Rosscoe did his individual salute and ran back into position - Was he totally delighted or surprised ?

It looked like Barrowman sclaffed his intial clearance and the ball fell very fortunately for him but he then delivers a great wee pass to Imrie - and the two supporting players - in the last minute - Duncan and Royster. Roysters run was tremendous but Duncans foray was just as good - and then Royster smacks home with the right peg.

But thank **** they didnt score when they hit the post - could any of us have suffered the rest of injury time if that had happened.

And even Brew impressed - brief and to the point - praised the players, emphasised that the belief is there but that it was very early days.

It is great to go to work with a spring in the step - especially after I crowned off Seterday at Knowsley Road and another last second Long drop goal fer the Saints.

The highlights were fine, they showed that we scored two goals and they scored none. Just how I remembered it.

Amen. It's all we need to see lol.

I'm loving how both our goals have superb run up play, both initially beggining with Aberdeen in possesion, the teams passion and the fact they got stuck in each time, and without any long ball - As im sure If it was any other day, the ball in the box woulda' got hoofed up the field, rather than the perfect pass through to Imrie - created two pretty damn good goals. Imrie pretty influential in both, think he's been watching that Ronaldinho ad' over and over lol.

Hopefully, we swee this more often, alot more. Bring on the Ham'

No wonder your match reports are rubbish :rotflmao:

Great to see most of the players running to the fans - even Rosscoe did his individual salute and ran back into position - Was he totally delighted or surprised ?

I loved it - Duncans sliding on his knees was good :thumb04: It was a huge match for both the players who had been written off by pundits an d the chance to get a win against an Aberdeen side, who I have always said, are not that good. Delighted they did it and you could see how much it meant to them.

But thank **** they didnt score when they hit the post - could any of us have suffered the rest of injury time if that had happened.

No. I was shaking until we got the 2nd. Such a great feeling when it hit the net. It took a second or two to register but when it did we went ballistic. I can't mind what I was doing but I lost my voice and my knees were sore by the end of it :018:

anyone know why i'm getting this message when trying to view the highlights?

Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

BBC probably dont realise your IP address is a 3G uk-based one ! I have the same problem, except I am in Canada so my IP is legitimately non-UK !!!

Getting anyone to provide SPL coverage to us poor ex-pats (even Setanta Canada !!!) is :rotflmao:

Never really trook it onboard at first, but.. the amount of time and space Jamie Smith isw given before his shot is unreal, that'll be a big problem down the line if lapses like that occur often enough.

Tonights "show" - 25 minutes long, and absolutly pathetic. that's EBC for ya'.

Edited by k4rlo

- Duncan and Royster. Roysters run was tremendous but Duncans foray was just as good - and then Royster smacks home with the right peg.

Did you mean Cowies run. It was him that ran deep into the Dons half on the break down the left wing while Roy cut diagonaly off to the right before slamming th ball home, just supertastical.

Thought the prog' was marginally better than Scotsport's effort. Maybe if the BBC didn't spend five or six minutes on the introduction they'd have more time for the action footage.

There may have been subtle changes to the arrangements for this year, but this was the state of play regarding the BBC and Club media rights last year which I put together for another little project. As you can see, the BBC has quite a few restrictions on what it can show and the length of each clip !!! Still, doesnt excuse them from picking the wrong highlights within those clips !!!

Video Coverage

• Clubs: Clubs have the right to broadcast video of all games live outside UK, after midnight in UK for a live Setanta game, or after 10pm for non-live games

• Setanta: 60 live games per season within the UK & Ireland

• STV: Extended highlights from one game per week and clips from all others

• TWI: International TV partner - distributer of live games worldwide (excluding UK) ... to be replaced by Sportfive next season (08/09) who will have "Exclusive live television broadcast rights in the territory by means of analogue, cable and digital terrestrial and satellite broadcast and simultaneous broadband / IPTV broadcast of a minimum of 60 live matches in each Season. Highlights and promotional programming."

Audio Coverage

• Clubs: Clubs have the right to broadcast audio of all games live worldwide. I believe they can stream the BBC feed or like Hibs, use their own commentators.

• BBC: Territory - UK Only if either club has exercised its right to broadcast.

Audio Rights:

• Exclusive right to broadcast live audio full match commentary across BBC Radio Scotland?s analogue and digital radio services (including via interactive TV) for all Clydesdale Bank Premier League matches (Matches)
  • Exclusive right to broadcast live audio full match commentary across BBC Radio 5 Live?s analogue and digital radio services for up to ten Matches in each Season during the Term
  • Non-exclusive right to stream live audio full match commentary on-line via bbc.co.uk for all Matches
  • Non-exclusive right to stream on-demand audio full match commentary on-line via bbc.co.uk for all Matches for up to seven days after each Match
  • Non-exclusive right to stream on-demand audio commentary highlights and clips on-line via bbc.co.uk for all Matches for up to seven days after each Match
  • Non-exclusive right to make on-demand audio commentary highlights and clips available for download in the form of a podcast on-line via bbc.co.uk for all Matches for up to seven days after each Match

Audio-Visual Rights: NEW for 2007/08

• Non-exclusive right to broadcast up to 20 minutes per Outside Broadcast Match and up to 5 minutes from all other Matches (subject to a minimum of 2 minutes from any Match) for use in a BBC highlights programme broadcast on linear (traditional digital and terrestrial) television channels. The BBC will have the ability to simulcast this programming via bbc.co.uk
  • Non-exclusive right to broadcast up to 2 minutes of clips rights per Archive Match for use in BBC highlights, news or feature magazine programming broadcast on linear television channels. The BBC will have the ability to simulcast this programming via bbc.co.uk
  • Non-exclusive right to stream up to 5 minutes of clip rights per Match or 2 minutes of clip rights Archive Match on-line via bbc.co.uk in the context of a news item or match report for up to seven days after the news item has been launched or the Match has been played.

Audio-Visual Holdbacks:

In addition to the usual UEFA regulations the following holdbacks apply across the SPL fixture card:

• Matches played on Saturday ? no use by BBC before 6pm on Sunday
  • Matches played on Sunday to Friday ? no use by BBC before midnight on the day of the match
  • STV outside broadcast selections may not be used by BBC until after they have been first broadcast by STV in its highlights programme
  • In addition, BBC would not have the right to broadcast highlights on linear television channels during the course of a live Match.

Piracy Protection:

All audio visual output to be restricted for reception in the UK only and for a maximum period of 7 days from initial broadcast / upload

The Clubs ....

There have been no changes to what the Clubs can do online as a result of the new audio visual portion of the deal with the BBC. The following holdback restrictions still apply:

• If a game has been covered live by Setanta in the UK and Ireland then Clubs can exploit on New Media platforms (internet or mobile) audio-visual coverage (entire match or highlights) of SPL matches in which they are involved after midnight on the day that the game is played.
  • If a game has not been covered live by Setanta in the UK and Ireland then Clubs can exploit on New Media platforms audio-visual coverage (entire match or highlights) of SPL matches in which they are involved after 10pm on the day that the game is played.
  • There are no changes to the Clubs? ability to exploit new media rights on a live basis outwith the UK and Ireland
  • Clubs should continue to be aware of UEFA?s Blocked Broadcasting hours. http://www.uefa.com/uefa/news/kind=8192/newsid=19817.html
  • holdbacks apply from now until the end of season 2009/10.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Aberdeen highlights were bad but the BBC have outdone themselves with the Hibs ones. Despite the game being one of the most open in recent seasons at the ICT stadium and chances galore the BBC somehow decided to feature a mere 2 minutes of highlights from yesterdays game and bypassed every Hibs chance in the first half :rotflmao:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/puffbox/hy...hts/7580166.stm