FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dicky Hastings in line for 50

Alex MacLeod

I presume that dick hastings must be our all time most capped player. But who is our SECOND most capped player???

Interesting question .... I take you mean in terms of caps won whilst at ICT ?

Hastings - all 49 caps whilst at ICT !!! [also 7 games for U19s in 96/97, 6 for U23 team 99/00 whilst an ICT player]

Xausa - 18 of his 31 caps were during season 1999/00 or 2000/01 whilst at ICT

Niculae - 3 caps whilst at ICT

Good for Hastings. I suppose it's us he has to thank because wasn't he out of the national squad for a while and we helped him resurrected his international career?

Whats Xausa doing now?...i know he isnt playing anymore.

Good for Hastings. I suppose it's us he has to thank because wasn't he out of the national squad for a while and we helped him resurrected his international career?

Whats Xausa doing now?...i know he isnt playing anymore.

It was more the change of manager that resurrected his career ...... A lot of fans were unhappy when he was recalled, but most are quite happy now.

I believe Xausa is back in Vancouver. not sure what he's doing now though.

Maybe an I.....in lower case :rotflmao:

Meanwhile, back on topic.....Hastings sounded like he had a good game today, a few times the commentators mentioned him being the one to pick up the loose ball in and around the area and take it to the midfield. If Canada were having him watched then he won't have done his chances of getting a start any harm.

My only worry is that he seemed to suffer a bit last season from playing international games and flying back to play for us a couple of days later. With our back four struggling to fire in sync then I hope it doesn't cause us any problems...or worse, he picks up an injury.

Dont think they watch him, the CSA doesnt have the resources to have a full time medical team, let alone scouts !!

You should think yourself lucky .... next Saturday - the 6th, there are a number of International fixtures all over the globe and yet MLS carries on as normal (they dont take account of any FIFA dates) ..... Toronto FC is expected to be EIGHT (or more) players down next week, not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of TFC fans who will travel to Montreal for the game to support Canada, yet there is no rule in MLS to allow for postponements !

Not sure I would totally disagree with the idea of clubs/associations continuing on through "International Weekends".

I would ...

Next weekend, TFC will lose 8 players to various international squads yet will be expected to field a side against Chivas who will be lucky to lose one or two players to international duty.

Not only that, TFC fans are faced with a dilemma of whether to head through to Montreal (a 5 hour journey) or go to the TFC game.

If they choose to go to the TFC game, they will be rewarded with seeing a seriously understrength team on the park (league's fault not team owners fault).

Dont think they watch him, the CSA doesnt have the resources to have a full time medical team, let alone scouts !!

You should think yourself lucky .... next Saturday - the 6th, there are a number of International fixtures all over the globe and yet MLS carries on as normal (they dont take account of any FIFA dates) ..... Toronto FC is expected to be EIGHT (or more) players down next week, not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of TFC fans who will travel to Montreal for the game to support Canada, yet there is no rule in MLS to allow for postponements !

Think this article shows how bad it is !!! 9 international call-ups for Toronto, several players on the injured list and half the fans heading to Montreal for the Canada game !!!! I might have to bring my boots LOL

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ortsSoccer/home

I have only ever seen him play once for Canada and he looked solid in central defence. What position/s has he got his caps in ?

By the way I do have ICT tattoed on ma member - well that is what it says when limp - but when I get aroused it says INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE.

I have only ever seen him play once for Canada and he looked solid in central defence. What position/s has he got his caps in ?

Not sure about his earlier caps, but the majority of those since his recall have been in central defence and he does pretty well there for Canada.

By the way I do have ICT tattoed on ma member - well that is what it says when limp - but when I get aroused it says INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE.

Arial Narrow ... font size 6 perchance ? :rotflmao:

So...going by the size of the font on the page that would make yer ' member ' about 3 1/2 inches? by the way when you up for a home game? oct hols?

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

I feckin hate technology !!

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

That is better and on scale. Aye the Recession is hitting hard - will make most of the away games except Tannadice - hoping to drive up fer Morton as well. First Home Alone will probably be fer the Motherwell game.

Have to save up fer Hong Kong - :rotflmao:

Anyway Dick - what do you think about Dick ?

[edited for font accuracy :thumb04: ]