FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ya just have to laff - Pathetic!!!

Flynn wants financial assurances

Flynn is keen to attract TV and sponsor's money

Livingston owner Pearse Flynn wants the Scottish Football League to provide evidence that the current set-up will remain financially viable.

Flynn has been at the centre of talks about a breakaway league by clubs concerned by the lack of a sponsor and television revenue in the SFL.

The SFL has warned that it will oppose any such breakaway.

"If the SFL can convince us there is something positive ahead in terms of finances, we'll listen," said Flynn.

"We need to go back to the principle of why we are doing this and why there is talk of a breakaway league.

"We can't sit back and hope it gets better by itself. There is not enough money in the SFL and we hope that point will be addressed."

Hamilton Accies and Clyde have also been key players in discussions so far, while Gretna owner Brooks Mileson has indicated that he would like to see the current set-up restructured.

Flynn became involved after his side's relegation from the SPL.

"At the first meeting, I found the financial figures in the SFL quite shocking," he added.

"We have come forward and spoken about that and it's worked. There is now dialogue going on, but we need to do more than just talking.

"The only money coming into the SFL is from the SPL. Seventy-five per cent of that money is divided between all 30 clubs.

"There is no money from sponsors or television and that is a concern for every club whether they say it in public or not."

SPL survival is ESSENTIAL

Just Flynn looking for his excuse to bail out on Livingston FC - he'll leave them in the chit and move on citing it as the SFL/SFA/SPL's fault as he can't do business under the current regime.

If I was a Livi fan I would be asking serious questions as to why he didn't have a closer look at the financial climate of the SFL prior to taking over a team who's future was always a mid/top of Div 1 outfit.

Flynn isn't stupid man despite all he does to make people think he is - many Livi fans have seen through his act, those who haven't will no doubt be along soon to call me all sorts and tell me how wrong I am.

Guest kingkojak

TBH, while i dont give a feck about flynn/£ivi, i was shocked today to read (think it was in post/record) that there is only a £15k difference in prize monies awrded between the div1 champs and the 3rd div bottom team! £500 per league place is pathetic.

ive always supported the formation of a two professional league system because we are a small country and it makes sense that if there were fewer teams in two larger leagues then the quality of football would be higher and the average gates would be higher.

This money revelation pretty much sums it up!