FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

RANGERS -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Guest manxman

Getting rid of Brewster wont do any good, when results and performances arent going well then we tend to look at our manager and see the weakness, the personality traits, everything looks worse. The truth is, as has been said on here already, we are a moderate team and no better than any other SPL team BUT no worse than half a dozen. Yes we look worse at the moment, but believe me in a few weeks the picture is different and all of a sudden its Falkirk or Killie who look in freefall. We mustnt have ideas that we are entitled to be anymore than SPL survivors and at the moment we are on track to survive but it will be a rollercoaster and no team in this division outside the old firm and maybe a progressive team like Dundee Utd or perhaps even an Aberdeen or Motherwell, No team will have real consistency at all. It just doesnt happen now cos we are all much of a muchness with similar budgets and standards in player. Lets remember who we are and give CB a chance to keep us in this division, thats all we must aspire to.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Up until today I would have agreed with the manxman but sorry I witnessed a team that didn't want to play for the gaffer.

And there is the alleged problem of a lack of respect for someone who turned his back on the club only a couple of seasons ago. It has been hypothesised that many of the squad simply do not carry any form of respect for Brewster whatsoever.

Two words to describe what i saw from ICT today: dispirited and disorganised.

Brewster talked after the game about Rangers destroying us. They didn't destroy us - they didn't have to because we destroyed ourselves. Forget about the individual or tactical mistakes, we're used to losing to them - this was a performance without fight or desire.

I received the following text from one of my degenerate Rangers-supporting pals. I'm going to choose to laugh along as that was absolute p1sh today.

"Nessie, jimmy shand, robbie shepherd, elspeth and angus mctoot, charles kennedy, lassie the dug, highland coos, donnie munro fae runrig and aw the sheep... your boys took one hell of a beating!"

Furthermore, the company I work for is full of huns, so you can imagine the p1sh I'm gonna have to put up with on Monday. So, to the team, cheers for that ya bunch of wallopers.

It is not that losing to Rangers is shameful it is the manner and way of losing that is disgraceful.

For some time now it has been obvious that Brewster has used the wrong tactics and that he does not have full support from the dressingroom. This needs to change immediately. If Brewster cannot achieve modest gains then we need to find a manager who is a capable coach of tactics and has good man management skills.

Up till now I have resisted call for major change and only a few days ago I said we should wait until the turn of the year before considering Brewsters position. I was wrong!

The Board should be looking now to replacing him.

Are there any avialable quality managers out there looking for a job and willing to take on a failing ICT?

neksor

Edited by neksor

What a terrible performance - I think the team let down Brewster and the fans. Its not even the scoreline that upsets me but the lack of heart and passion - once they went 2 goals down they just gave up. There is no leader on the pitch - you have to play attacking football against teams and what does Brewster do he puts on another defender. Why did Rooney get dropped after scoring last week - why did Vigours not get on - Duff - they may not have the experience that Brewster talks about but Id rather have a young team that tries than the so called experience one's that dont. Blackie to me was the only one that was interested - why not play Proctor as right full with - the players needed to be changed before half time if Brewster was to have any respect from them or the fans - in fairness he could have taken any 8 players of but he does'nt. I can only hope he learns a lot from that match and is big enough to make his own decisions and start giving Rooney a change with Barrowman or Woods or whoever up front. Give Vigours a go and Duff - Hopefully we will get a good result.

Come on Caley

Surely the most embarassing 45 minutes in the history of the club.

I do remember a similar game at the Shyberry against Airdrie. I had just flown in from Toronto (before I moved here permanently), was picked up at Glasgow Airport by ITN and ITN Jr, and we headed for the game. We were destroyed that day ... it was 6-0 in the end, and a bad day all round.

SAT 22nd SEPTEMBER 2001 EXCELSIOR STADIUM LEAGUE DIVISION 1

AIRDRIE 6 (Coyle 19, 25 pen & 37, McFarlane 13, Gardner 30, Armstrong 85)

Ferguson, Armstrong, McPherson, Stewart, McManus, James (Taylor 61), Gardner (Beasley 61), McFarlane,

Coyle (McDonald 68), Smith, Roberts Subs ? Dunn & Bennett

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 0

Walker, Tokely, McBain, Mann, McCaffrey, Duncan (Golabek 46), Bavidge, Wyness, Ritchie, Christie (Teasdale 70), Robson

Sub ? J Calder

REFEREE ? H Dallas ATTENDANCE ? 1197 MAN OF THE MATCH ? Owen Coyle (Airdrie)

A rejuvenated Airdrie demolished Caley Thistle with five first half goals and a sixth late in the second half. Airdrie swept forward from the start and in 11 minutes Walker tipped away a cross destined for the head of Owen Coyle. The opening goal came two minutes later when Mark Roberts crossed from the right and the unmarked Neil McFarlane headed home from eight yards. Coyle made it 2-0 in 19 minutes with a neat lob into the top right corner from the left edge of the area. Coyle?s second came from a penalty in 25 minutes after Stuart McCaffrey had bundled Roberts. Caley Thistle?s first real attempt on goal came in 28 minutes when a glancing header from Dennis Wyness went past the post. The fourth goal came on the half hour mark when a Paul Armstrong corner from the right was partially cleared as far as Lee Gardner and he drove the ball into the net from 12 yards. The visitors should have pulled one back in 37 minutes when a Wyness through ball set Roy McBain one-on-one with ?keeper Allan Ferguson. McBain hit it high and wide from 20 yards. Airdrie ran straight upfield and scored a fifth. Coyle completed his hat-trick when he latched onto a high ball out of defence and hit it low into the net from 18 yards. The pace slackened in the second half and the visitors began to hold their own. They even created a few chances ? in a two minute spell midway through the half Stuart Golabek and Barry Robson shot over the bar then Bobby Mann sent a glancing header past. In 79 minutes a Mann cross from the right gave Wyness a chance at the back post but his header was saved easily. With five minutes left Airdrie completed the rout with a sixth goal. McFarlane attempted a shot from outside the area but it was deflected to Armstrong on the right ? he took advantage of the break and sent an angled volley past Walker.

I have just seen the highlights of the ICT rangers match and i was left gob smacked. If rangers 5 goals were all good goals then you would have to applaud but the defending was utterly unbelievable. New defenders MUST be brought in in january and i think esson needs a few games as well. If the club dont start winning soon then brewster must go and relegation will be a massive possability.

Aye, nightmare stuff eh? i managed to look at them again and it looks worse and worse, thank **** i didnt go.

The players let themselves down, its one thing not performing for the manager, but to let the club down is almost unforgivable.

It looks like Rangers had a lot of chances last night also - but the Utd defence held out with some dogged defending and excellent goalkeeping....

Rangers again scored an early goal - the big difference is Utd managed to bounce back from conceding the early goal and then tried to take the game to Rangers....

Utd up to 3rd - I reckon that is where they will be at the end of season....

Highlights look as if it was a really entertaining game - you can never go wrong with 6 goals when they are evenly spread between the teams :rotflmao: