FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Easter Road Support

Best away support this season ?

Second best :rotflmao:

Pittodrie was louder.

Great, noisy, singing, away support today - obviously appreciated by the team. Nearly as good as at Pittodrie in August but that was different as that was a 1st win against the Reds. No wonder so many of our "away" fans enjoy the away games better than the home games - the atmosphere is SO different.

Best away support this season ?

Second best :rotflmao:

Pittodrie was louder.

Great, noisy, singing, away support today - obviously appreciated by the team. Nearly as good as at Pittodrie in August but that was different as that was a 1st win against the Reds. No wonder so many of our "away" fans enjoy the away games better than the home games - the atmosphere is SO different.

At away games everyone is grouped together so even 100 can sound like thousands. At home there's no unison between the two stands. In fact sitting in the main stand, depending on wind, its not always possible to hear the north stand. We need an oval stadium.

:thumb04: One of my better translations !! Reckon it will be Ryan Esson in the doo doo doo doo version next weekend :rotflmao:

But I stood - on the second back row fer most of the game yesterday; the copper came up and sorted the back wall banging very promptly - when we were all standing up - and went way as quickly.

Plus the Hibees have feckin poles erected on the back of the stand so ya can hang yer feckin banners on them - did PP get a piccy ?

That is what the TCS nazis have to feckin learn - let the fans feckin enjoy themselves - bend the feckin rules a bit as long as there is no over the top nonsense - but sort it out like the Embra Polis.

Are you feckin listening Mike Smith - I bet if I "behave" and feckin enjoy maself next weekend like I did today - I would get thrown out. Hibs was a great example of how to police a support but allow them to enjoy themselves and get behind their team - and that is what it is all feckin about.

And the fact we've been mince just lately.

That was the first game I've missed at ER since we came up (feckin typical eh!!), and only the 3rd game I've missed this season. I really couldn't muster up too much enthusiasm to go.....obviously I wish I had now.

It was a great support yesterday, way beyond anything I've heard in a while, I love joining in with all that and don't really get a chance at home games as i sit up in the top left of the main stand where singing or shouting gets you a dirty look and a warning from the police. It was all due to the display and fight of the team. People will slate us for not singing much but usually its the lack of football to shout about that gets us sweetie rustling. Shows what confidence in the fans and the team can do! Loved the 'Wayyy" at every touch of the ball Hibs got, and the "Doo doo doo doo Makalamby"... we don't often take the p**s out of other teams but we're ruthless when we do!

On the other hand DavieB - this was my first match of the season and was awesome. The fans were great and bar the copper coming up to stop the lads banging (took no nonsense he did) there was no trouble. Was brilliantly supported and some great songs - good variety.

It was great to see the players appreciated it. Good banter with Barry when he was warming up - does he know something we don't :rotflmao:. We even got a clap from Brewster.

We were in good voice yesterday....would have been like a wake if we didn sing & shout...Hibs & their smelly neighbours are shocking as a home support when we play them.

Maybe they feel their team is good enough to win without support..

First away trip for me this season and the support was excellent, I was stood behind IHE and the cops only came up to tell us not to pull at a pipe which I didn't do but didn't make a fuss of it. Some of the chants 'You're just a white Ma-Kalamby' to Andy McNeil was superb and I took great delight from 'Celtic Reject' aimed at Riordan.