FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland U21 Squad

Caley Stan

U21 Squad

It's just been discussed on Sportsound that there are 10 uncapped players in the squad. Haven't heard of half of them. Steven Lennon is in the squad despite sitting on the bench for Partick.

Jamie Duff, Garry Wood and especially Iain Vigurs should be aggrieved at this given the number of SPL games thay have played this season.

It's hard to believe that Jamie Duff and Iain Vigurs have been left out, Central belt biased picking methinks. If you had two youngsters putting performances out for Falkirk like they have been Caley it would be spluttered all over the Record it gets really annoying. The experience would be great.

The Under 21 squad is a complete mystery. Remember when Jamie McCunnie spent about three years in every squad, despite being laughably pish at the tinks? I don't like criticising our own young kids but Rory has probably been in a few more squads than he deserves. Certainly, I think Wood has done more in his ten or so first team outings this season than Rory has in the previous four campaigns.

The Under 21 squad is a complete mystery. Remember when Jamie McCunnie spent about three years in every squad, despite being laughably pish at the tinks? I don't like criticising our own young kids but Rory has probably been in a few more squads than he deserves. Certainly, I think Wood has done more in his ten or so first team outings this season than Rory has in the previous four campaigns.

This thread is about the Scotland U-21 squad. Not a 'lets slag Rory' thread.

It's hard to believe that Jamie Duff and Iain Vigurs have been left out, Central belt biased picking methinks. If you had two youngsters putting performances out for Falkirk like they have been Caley it would be spluttered all over the Record it gets really annoying. The experience would be great.

Considering there's players from Leeds, Man U, Reading, Peterborough, Burnley and Aberdeen I wouldn't say its totally Central Belt bias.

I must say though that I'm surprised none of our kids are included in any of the youth squads this year.

It's annoying that Vigurs, Duff and Wood get overlooked despite starting many games this season, yet they decide to pick people like Rory Loy who only made his senior Rangers debut last week. :rotflmao:

It's not being turned into a thread to slag off MacAllister :rotflmao: It's a fair point Chris has raised. Rory wasn't particularly great last season but made numerous U21 squads. By comparison, Wood, Duff and especially Vigurs have come on a lot this season and performed well so you would think that they would have been called up as a result of their performances.

it's really a joke that jamie duff, gary wood and especially iain vigurs haven't been called up, all three have been playing first team spl this season whereas more than half the squad that have been selected aren't getting a game for their clubs....how do they justify selecting a player like Chris Maguire who hasn't played more than 10 minutes this season for the first team. that is the reason scottish football is the way it is now, you pick your best players...they certainly haven't done so.

It's not being turned into a thread to slag off MacAllister :rotflmao: It's a fair point Chris has raised. Rory wasn't particularly great last season but made numerous U21 squads. By comparison, Wood, Duff and especially Vigurs have come on a lot this season and performed well so you would think that they would have been called up as a result of their performances.

A lot of the players have been picked because of their performances in reserve football. (McAllister has never had a problem scoring at that level so it made sense he got picked for squads.)

I think it is ridiculous that Vigurs, Wood and Duff have not been picked this time because they have had a good bit of first team football. Stark prefers to pick old firm reserve players. Lennon has gone on loan to Partick and can not get a game yet he has been picked. That Scott Cuthbert of Celtic always got picked and was clearly out of his depth.

A lot of the players have been picked because of their performances in reserve football. (McAllister has never had a problem scoring at that level so it made sense he got picked for squads.)

I think it is ridiculous that Vigurs, Wood and Duff have not been picked this time because they have had a good bit of first team football. Stark prefers to pick old firm reserve players. Lennon has gone on loan to Partick and can not get a game yet he has been picked. That Scott Cuthbert of Celtic always got picked and was clearly out of his depth.

A few of the players chosen are so because of performances in the lower age groups. I notice none of our youngsters have featured lately in U-16, 17, 18 or 19

So is Stark just not bothering to watch ICT?

If not, then i wonder who he is watching. There have been times this season when we've started games with three Scottish players under the age of 21. Is there another team in Scotland, never mind the SPL who has been doing that? Get yer @rse up to Inverness Stark.