FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Celtic

Scotty

I missed the game today as on holiday at present, but sounds like the guys dug deep, rode their luck, were even a bit unlucky with the ref, and won a point few of us expected. With last week's result, things are hopefully looking a lot more promising than a couple of weeks ago, and next week's game may be key to how the season shapes up.

After recent criticism, glad Fon Williams played a key role.

Of our strikers, I'd be inclined to start with Fisher given his work rate, and then switch to Doumbaye or Boden after an hour or so of him making the defenders work.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Is that ymip Jnr?

It sure is Mantis.  The wee man was a bit of an internet sensation as the youtube video and subsequent gif were all over Pie and Bovril and he went as far as to tell me he'd "gone viral".  It was on our way back to the car after the semi-final win at Hampden.  Funnier if you'd heard the boy foaming at the mouth prior to jr's timely intervention .  Same guy filming who took the infamous "Jacqueline" clip.

• Agree 2

Very pleased to have got something out of the game after gifting them 2 breakaway goals, not getting that penalty, surviving a second half onslaught and being subjected to a range of Irish anthems. It was amazing how their travelling morons fell silent when King, Billy and Fisher, Alex scored. 

As for Pat Nevin talking about the penalty claim on Sportscene last night, he still speaks about us as if he's never got over our 2015 Scottish Cup semi final win over the God's given right to win every trophy in Scotland mob.  GIRU the lot of them!!

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 3

Great performance from us yesterday. Celtic could have been out of sight but I thought we defended heroically at times and OFW had his best performance in an ICT shirt. Some of the saves were outstanding even more so given that he was apparently injured and was struggling to make the team. Foran has been great at talking the side up in the last few days and really instilling belief in the players again unlike his predecessor who would happily have us spread our cheeks for Celtic. A really gutsy performance and for that I felt we deserved a point at the end.

I felt we could have defended the first goal better. Polworth was turned far too easily for the cross into Rogic for the opener and whilst Meekings was outnumbered when Celtic attacked for the second I'm not sure he couldn't have closed down a wee bit better. That's probably a bit harsh and it was a nice finish from Sinclair to be fair.

Cracking equaliser from Billy King. Can't say much else! Reminded me a wee bit of the goal Hayes scored against Rangers a few seasons back. Pleased to see Fisher get on the score sheet. Nice cross by Tansey to find him as well which led to superb scenes in the home end not seen since, erm, Saint Johnstone a couple of weeks ago but still, despite our lowly position, it's great to see the side playing with a lot more belief and working hard for the entire game and picking up goals in the last few minutes rather than conceding them.

• Agree 3

47 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

... and well done to Richie for his part (as well as the lads).

Refreshing to hear a post-Celtic match interview with an ICT manager that doesn't slaver on about the wunderful Glashgow Sheltic being a turrific side. 

• Agree 3

2nd Celtic goal was well taken but was poor defending on our behalf.  Someone (Draper?) lofted a longish pass back to Meekings who was immediately under pressure from Dembele.  He tried to play a hurried ball to Warren which Sinclair nicked from him and left him for dead.  Meekings was initially standing off Sinclair to cover the pass to an otherwise unmarked Dembele.  He continued to cover Dembele in the hope that Polworth would get back to challenge Sinclair which he very nearly did.  At the same time, I am sure Meekings was also aware of Rogic overlapping on the left and completely unmarked.  Meekings was on a hiding to nothing.  One can possibly fault OFW who could have been further off his line to narrow the angle and I'm not sure where Mckay was in all of this.  However, the root cause of getting caught out like this was an unnecessary pass back which put our back line under real pressure.  Hopefully Foran will instil into the players that it doesn't matter if you lose the ball in the opposition half but you can't afford to give it away in  your own back line.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Looked everywhere for some footage of the billy king incident on sunday.

Watched sportscene but they really didnt give any impression of the first half superiority shown by caley. More shots more corners more throw ins than celtic in first half but looks like we were holding on. 

Would love to see the king incident again as from the stand it looked a definate foul. Just adds to how lucky celtic were or how poor the referee was. 

Anyone have the billy king penalty incident on you tube.?