FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

English MEDIA Hype

kencar

Well I can certainly remember 74 and 78. We certainly went on about qualifying without England being there. The problem is nobody was able to hear us as we don't control the 'British' media.

IIRC the English covered our games with their own commentators, so they didn't have to listen to us 'gloating'.

Also the so called 'national' programmes hardly mentioned Scotland unless they had a game the following day. So it was just as it is now, like living in a foreign country.

I still don't know what Willie Ormond had for his tea, but never mind, at least I know how many times Rooney has farted this week.

On a similar subject, consider the amount of UK media coverage that gets given to England's selection of a new manager, compared with any other nation.

I even remember when Scotland appointed a manager (Craigie Broon I think it was) and the BBC evening news did not even mention it at all.

Both BBC and ITV networks have various English regional news programmes, why don't they use them more for stories that are only of interest to people in England?

Guest kingkojak

heard a rumour that digital veiwers can select from a choice of commentries for each match !!

:021:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that since 1970 we have failed to qualify twice and so have England so we are quits in that respect. They have, however, gotten past the group stages so are up on us in that respect. But that will be rectified next time around.

"England cannae dae it 'cos they didnae qualify."

The line is from the 78 song "We're on the march wi Ally's army", and some of us even remember what happened there. Drink, drugs, women. We still managed to give Holland a tanking though.

Personally, I ignore the media hype. However well or badly England do makes no odds to me. I am a patriot. I support Scotland. I ask my English friends, who feel p1ssed off cos I dont support their national team, "if you support, for example, ICT and they get knocked out of the Scottish cup at the early stages would the Rangers or Celtic fans be up in arms because you wont then change your allegiance and support them through the next stages of that same cup. I give my support only to Scotland in this competition and I will continue to support him throughout this campaign. :004: