FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FIR PARK SMILEYMOMETER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Fer once I will attempt to put a few positives into this - for the sake of the players.

ESSON :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: Well he kept us in the game in the first half - he must have been so frustrated that every time he speeded out to the 18 yard line to start off a quick attack all he saw was Gary Wood trying to get back up front. Have to say that his distribution in the second half was terrible - and why was he sent on to the pitch EIGHT minutes before the rest of the team at the half time break.

TOKELY :018: :D :D Well passion and desire will never be faulted but his passing yesterday was terrible, as was his crossing. In many ways I actually think that he was trying too hard.

PROCTOR ;) :lol: When oh when will Brewster concede that he is NOT a central defender. To be fair he looked totally lost for the first half hour - along with his four defending peers - trying to play a system where nobody knew what they were doing. Although Well had taken their foot of the pedal he looked quite tidy when he moved into a more right back position fer the last 20. And at least he didnt continually hoof it.

GRANTY :015: :D What has happened to him ? He has lost all the command and control - but then again Maguire has evidently been given the reins.

MAGUIRE :P Lets punt him out with Brewster - he went into a sweeper type role (I think) yesterday and he did sweet feck all. He totally depended on Proctor and Munro and was marking space most of the time.

HASTINGS :021: :D :D st have been totally confused - as nobody appeared to understand who was covering Dick and he got caught out of position regularly. And his hoofing was so annoying but at least the passion was clearly there.

COWIE :D :D Where was Brew playing him - he just drifted all over the place throughout the game. To be fair to him he made 3-4 really good off the ball runs in the second half but wasnt spotted.

DUNCAN :D :D :D Like Rosscoe excels in the passion stakes and ran himself into the ground - but playing him as the hole and the playmaker - give me a feckin break.

ROYSTER :D :D Where the feck was he playing ? - started off ten yards in front of Duncan - in No Mans Land - why ? Ran his socks off but did a headless chicken impersonation throughout.

IMRIE :D Inconsistent - got fed up and practically gave up - simply not good enuff.

WOOD :D :D :D To give him his due he was playing 20-30 yards in front of everybody else and Cowie and Royster were his only allies - but sorry but when he did have a chance he again showed that he does not have the pace, the movement, the awareness or the balance to do damage at this level.

ROONEY AND BARROWMAN - Why when Vigurs was warming the bench.

MOM - Ian Vigurs

Did you see any hope for us IHE and if there is, where do you think it will come from?

I am afraid that there was little to look forward to. Changing the manager may give a lot a lift but he is making that difficult by making his chosen few the starters at the moment. Esson is a bonus - but gawd to we need a pacy and/or experienced central defender.

Cowie may be the surprise package if Brew goes as I would love to see him been given a consistent role and how he performs without Brew on his back. If Black stays he may also keep us up. We also need a couple of strikers - preferably on loan. This season is now all about survival - the longer Brew stays the harder it is going to be to achieve. The players he has jettisoned is coming back to haunt him. I would seriously think about reinstating Bazza and Bayne.

Then we can start looking at building a team around Duff, Vigurs, Zander etc.

Is it Brew or the SFL - ABSOLUTELY.

Depends if he goes now or we can at least keep him to see us through to the end of the season.

Unfortunately I cant see Brew allow a "freed" Black to "comment" on his way forward - I reckon Brew and Bennett will tell Hearts to take him now. ABSOLUTELY

Depends if he goes now or we can at least keep him to see us through to the end of the season.

Unfortunately I cant see Brew allow a "freed" Black to "comment" on his way forward - I reckon Brew and Bennett will tell Hearts to take him now. ABSOLUTELY

Totally agree I think Black has played his last game for ICT

I was kinda meaning an ICT without Brewster being able to keep him till the end of the season...the eternal optimist me :rotflmao:

And whilst I'm at it....how the heck can you call it a Smileymometer when there's clearly feck all to smile about just now? :thumb04:

Fair comment but there was a fair degree of passion and committment being showed yesterday.

just finished watching game on ALBA. yeah we huffed and puffed but we have zero quality and were really all over the place. On this showing im dreading next weeks game!!! could get a real canning

Did you see any hope for us IHE and if there is, where do you think it will come from?

I am afraid that there was little to look forward to. Changing the manager may give a lot a lift but he is making that difficult by making his chosen few the starters at the moment. Esson is a bonus - but gawd to we need a pacy and/or experienced central defender.

Cowie may be the surprise package if Brew goes as I would love to see him been given a consistent role and how he performs without Brew on his back. If Black stays he may also keep us up. We also need a couple of strikers - preferably on loan. This season is now all about survival - the longer Brew stays the harder it is going to be to achieve. The players he has jettisoned is coming back to haunt him. I would seriously think about reinstating Bazza and Bayne.

Why have Bayne back - he has only scored 3 goals in SFL whereas his team mates Phinn and Kirk have scored 5 and 9 respectively. We need a proven goalscorer at the highest level. I would certainly reinstate Bazza but sorry no to Bayne. Maybe we could do with someone in the twilight of their career to help the likes of Wood and Rooney.

Why have Bayne back - he has only scored 3 goals in SFL whereas his team mates Phinn and Kirk have scored 5 and 9 respectively. We need a proven goalscorer at the highest level. I would certainly reinstate Bazza but sorry no to Bayne. Maybe we could do with someone in the twilight of their career to help the likes of Wood and Rooney.

And, of course, you know Bayne's involvement in the other goals. Graham has never been a prolific scorer but he can make a play and create for others.

And, of course, you know Bayne's involvement in the other goals. Graham has never been a prolific scorer but he can make a play and create for others.

Alex you are bang on there, I remember Marius telling me that Bayne was probably one of the most hard working and unselfish players he ever had the pleasure of partnering up front.

Edited by stevico1

Alex you are bang on there, I remember Marius telling me that Bayne was probably one of the most hard working and unselfish players he ever had the pleasure of partnering up front.

A bit blinded guys, i rember lots of games where Bayney ran about like a headless chicken doing zilch.

I did like him however he gave us his all, even though it wasnt good enough, Remember Xausa?

He gave us 60% if you were lucky but still managed to score and be more dangerous.

Fair comment but there was a fair degree of passion and committment being showed yesterday.

just finished watching game on ALBA. yeah we huffed and puffed but we have zero quality and were really all over the place. On this showing im dreading next weeks game!!! could get a real canning

I also watched the game on Alba yesterday and I would agree more with IHE's comments, above!

I do believe that this current team could be well away from the foot of the table, given a degree of confidence. I do think they were trying too hard, they have the ability but yesterday they could not do right for doing wrong! Passes, headers that on another day could be OK were all going astray. I don't think Motherwell were that far ahead of them and indeed the stats show that. (Except for the goals against!!)

Proctor however was so bad and I can not believe that Brew does not give Duff a game. He is already good and can only get better playing with/against the big boys.

However, it comes down to the managers ability to infuse that confidence and I would suggest, anyone listening to him after the match, must be aware that the guy is shot to bits. How can he raise the spirits of his team when he is so down himself?? His verbal contribution was rather like a rabbit caught in the headlights, having no plans for any movement to save himself or the team. That is the second week he has praised players in the other team!! He should be praising the work his own players are doing, Esson and Rossco both deserved mention by their manager and this could be seen as some indication of positivity, instead of that, McGhee will be using Brewster's praise to bolster his players confidence.

One question - would you prefer Bayne to Wood, Rooney, Rory or Barrowman. And just think about playing Cowie just off him.

Absolutely. Bayne is better than all of ICT's strikers at the minute apart from possibly Rooney. Bring Back Bayne!