FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thanks Brew

starchief

The guy was the consummate professional during his playing career - one of the most talented all round players to grace the TCS turf. Fitness guru at the top end of the market - But they guy was the worst manager and tactician I have ever seen and he - AND THE BOARD (lest we not forget) - took this club into turmoil. He is the proverbial lamb to the slaughter but I have at least another couple of names to send to the abattoir.

Oh - and - I feckin told ya so :rotflmao:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy was the consummate professional during his playing career - one of the most talented all round players to grace the TCS turf. Fitness guru at the top end of the market - But they guy was the worst manager and tactician I have ever seen and he - AND THE BOARD (lest we not forget) - took this club into turmoil. He is the proverbial lamb to the slaughter but I have at least another couple of names to send to the abattoir.

Oh - and - I feckin told ya so :rotflmao:

Thought you would be focusing on the big match down there tonight IHE, come on the toffies

Back on topic, best of luck to Brew and Malky whatever they choose to do, perhaps better to give footie a miss for a while though lads

Edited by stevico1

On the point of CB quitting weeks/months ago rather than wait to be sacked - maybe he felt the right thing to do was to stay and keep on trying & fighting rather than just quit and walk away. That would've been too easy, perhaps.

I'll miss him, and the contraversy that has surrounded him at ICT.

No hard feeling Craig. Sorry you were not up to the job, but the stats both here and at United speak louder than any of the Brewster Out chants. The pity is you never held your hand up earlier and took the club down with you. You should have let go sooner and offered someone else the opportunity to save us from relegation. The damage is now done and it is going to be difficult to turn it round now, not impossible, but extremely difficult. For this, the board are more culpable than yourself.

Have a good day.

The only good thing I feel he done for us was getting the player's fitness levels up.

Still, I wish him all the best for the future, who knows, in years to come he may turn out to become a fantastic manager. :rotflmao:

Why do so many on here appear to believe he should have "done the decent thing and walked"...?

He had a contract FFS... How much would it have cost him in lost earnings to quit?

He had no option but to wait until he was sacked and that should have happened at least a month ago....

Why do so many on here appear to believe he should have "done the decent thing and walked"...?

He had a contract FFS... How much would it have cost him in lost earnings to quit?

He had no option but to wait until he was sacked and that should have happened at least a month ago....

Wholly agree. It's not Brewster's fault that he was still in position until this morning. Which of you would walk out on a well paid job with no reasonable prospect of another one ?

Despite all the resentment, the man must recieve credit where its due for his services to the club, not just as a manager but as a player. The boy done his job to the best of his ability, unfortunately not everything went right. Best wishes for the future Brew, even if it isnt with us!

I am not too sure wether brewster is full of himself, genuinely thought he was good enough or was given the wrong impression by the board - but this indeed should have happened ages ago.

I can understand if he carried on for financial security, but why go so far as to tarnish an already poor managerial record further? Surely if you were in his position, you'd walk knowing you tried before it got too late. I certainly wouldnt like to see 2 sackings in 2 years on my CV, nor would I employ someone with such stats.

Robbo left us in good form for a bigger club and to follow a dream - fair play to him. He was probably the backbone and strength throughout the club getting us into the SPL. No hard feelings from ANY fan.

Pele left for better things leaving ICT well placed in the SPL leaving a balanced team behind. The only ill will is how comments from the assistant coach at the time brought the switch about.

Christie quit as he knew the pressures of the job were getting to him and his family, and ultimately upsetting the team. He, again, had ICT's best interests at heart and left for the sake of a better ICT - in hindsight, he probably should have stayed!!!

Starchief - good post - I don't think anybody at the club (including Craig Brewster) was not doing everything they believed would improve our position but as we know everybody has their limitations.

I do think though over the coming weeks there will be a lot more being said about some of the differences of opinions behind the scenes that eventually lead to today's announcement....

GJ - just read your post also - spot on.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Johnboy, you going back to your roots now?

He should have stood down as soon as he realised that he could not take the team forward, or even keep us on an even keel. He has damaged the club and his own CV.

Or more correctly as I posted above, the board are to blame and more heads should roll. He should have been asked to go on gardening leave sooner.

Johnboy, you going back to your roots now?

He should have stood down as soon as he realised that he could not take the team forward, or even keep us on an even keel. He has damaged the club and his own CV.

Or more correctly as I posted above, the board are to blame and more heads should roll. He should have been asked to go on gardening leave sooner.

Jeezus Mannie.... You must be worth a fortune if you could simply have walked out on a job like that.

He should have stood down as soon as he realised that he could not take the team forward, or even keep us on an even keel.

I doubt he ever realised that. Look at what he said about Dundee United. It was all about Levein getting success from his work in bringing in the players. One thing our Craig never doubted was self-belief.

I suspect I know which player this was but it possibly confirms our long standing suspicions.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines..._of_failure.php

In addition Ian Black will win the day too.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21055407/

Interesting comment from Rosscoe in the Record.... Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Robbo to return...

I didn't think Tokely said anything too bad about Robbo. Quite the opposite. He just wouldn't be drawn on who the board should pick.

Given that Black has said about training in public, who do you think the source was? Could be black again but why?

Starchief - good post - I don't think anybody at the club (including Craig Brewster) was not doing everything they believed would improve our position but as we know everybody has their limitations.

I do think though over the coming weeks there will be a lot more being said about some of the differences of opinions behind the scenes that eventually lead to today's announcement....

GJ - just read your post also - spot on.

It has started and now there will be quite a few more coming out and having their say. I thought the comments made by both players though have been quite honest but respectful and hopefully it stays that way.

It will be good to see Black back in the starting 11 and what better place than at Tynecastle and a goal.... :rotflmao:

Guest natasha

I met Brewster on several occassions outside football I must he was an absolute gent and a pleasure to be with.

I wish him all the best for the future.

Guest Muir-Jaggie
I met Brewster on several occassions outside football I must he was an absolute gent and a pleasure to be with.
Edited by Kingsmills
Breach of Site Rules