FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Maybe Black is Correct

absent friend

Having watched the game yesterday on Alba and reading the contribution on here, I am surprised that no one has mentioned our lack of ball control, up front.

Yes, we played some football on the ground and it looked good in midfield but many passes, not over hit, to the attacking player seemed to result in too hard a touch, bouncing away from the player and resulting in a 50/50 ball with the defender.

My old fashioned idea of a team make up was defenders were stoppers, midfield work horses and forwards were the ball players.

We seem to have the ballplayers in the midfield and even in the defence at times, as they play out of trouble with intricate passes BUT up front... naa class!

Lets hope the new guy not only looks for a quality forward but knows how to teach the existing front runners how to kill the ball/ play with the ball at their feet and this may then lead to the elusive goal that can be the difference between points lost and points gained.

Maybe I am expecting too much from the players but it is annoying to see Rossco, with his build, play dinky passes, under pressure and the front guys collect the ball and then give it away due to lack of ball control!

But the one thing that the new guy needs is TIME - and he aint feckin got that - thanks to the ineptitude (yet again) of our Management.

We have got a couple of creators - Black is being punished and humiliated - Vigurs is getting hooked most of the time - and apart from 20 mins in the second half Cowie has been given no specific role. . As fer the strike force - well it has all been said - and they even went back to Wood on his lonesome on Saturday.

It was quite clear who picked the team on Saturday - The "old school" and the latest signings were in favour once again. At times we looked pretty but once we hit the final third we looked clueless - much like Gatheussi did at rite back. The system fer weeks is try to defend as long as possible without conceeding and hit them on the break - Give us all a feckin break. Lets just say thank feck fer dead ball situations.

Let's face it, the best striker in the country could hardly be called a "ball player" but he is a terrific goalscorer. And Garry never gets the ball delivered to his feet nor does he get any support inside the box except at dead ball situations. While Don and Dougie give a fair amount of service from the wings, we really didn't see much of the other midfielders in the box. I think we might be expecting too much of a young, raw and inexperienced striker on his own, and that equally applies to Adam and Andy.

Give these young lads a chance, please.

Let's face it, the best striker in the country could hardly be called a "ball player" but he is a terrific goalscorer. And Garry never gets the ball delivered to his feet nor does he get any support inside the box except at dead ball situations. While Don and Dougie give a fair amount of service from the wings, we really didn't see much of the other midfielders in the box. I think we might be expecting too much of a young, raw and inexperienced striker on his own, and that equally applies to Adam and Andy.

Give these young lads a chance, please.

With respect, I used the collective expression of 'front runners' and did not single out any player!

There is no doubt that our young forwards are guilty of this to some extent but the main problem as I see it, is the players that collect the telling pass, move it forward to deliver the cross and in so doing loses it to the opposition, due to their initial touch being too heavy.

They, unlike the centre forward, are not playing in the same tightly marked situation so have little excuse.

This breakdown means that even the midfield are committed to the move, having passed the ball and are now running flat out into the penalty area and the loss of the ball, at that point, leaves our defence more exposed.

Solution, more ball control training required by our front runners.