FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

After last season when the players trained up at the pitch in culloden, djebi-zadi was always alone, didn't seem to fit in. I always felt sorry for him, maybe Butcher has included him and this has shown in his ability to play.

I certainly wouldn't put 100% into something if no one made an effort with me.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last season when the players trained up at the pitch in culloden, djebi-zadi was always alone, didn't seem to fit in. I always felt sorry for him, maybe Butcher has included him and this has shown in his ability to play.

I don't know if that is true anymore as I've seen Lionel in Starbucks with a few times. The earlier thing could have something to do with poor English (or so I've read).

I don't know if that is true anymore as I've seen Lionel in Starbucks with a few times. The earlier thing could have something to do with poor English (or so I've read).

As I say that was after last season, so summer 2008. Lack of English could have caused problems but it just seems weird to me that all of a sudden he is miles better, you can't do that overnight it's something he already had. So maybe Butcher is the right man to take out these skills.

2 clean sheets says it all,

For Esson, Munro and Pavels perhaps. He will have a very, very big test at the Arabdrome. I fear that the hysteria on the Butcher appointment has blinded some peeple. And before some ersehole takes a pop I am saying this in the best interest of the club. If I am wrong I will show my erse anywhere ya want.

Should have been MOTM on Saturday, easily.

I think the more he plays the better he will get, certainly can't see Hastings simply walking back into his position like he used too. And with Richie Byrne here as well that can only make it even more competitive.

2 clean sheets says it all,

For Esson, Munro and Pavels perhaps. He will have a very, very big test at the Arabdrome. I fear that the hysteria on the Butcher appointment has blinded some peeple. And before some ersehole takes a pop I am saying this in the best interest of the club. If I am wrong I will show my erse anywhere ya want.

I know one defender doesn't make a clean sheet but seeing as the header is Djebi-zadi, I didn't feel the need to mention the rest of the team. I'll praise them elsewhere.

Walter Smith has mentioned that Boyd is an enigma,

After seeing Lionel play against Arbroath, Partick & then against Celtic & Killy, to see such a change in the quality of play then he too is an enigma and long may his run of form continue.

The boy done good again - le garcon cet bon!!

From the Scotsman

''MAN OF THE MATCH

A few contenders in the Inverness ranks and Danny Swanson made a late bid for the accolade when he came on, but Lionel Djebi-Zadi was impressive at left back for the visitors and largely responsible for his side taking something from this match.''

Vive le Lionel!

fair play to Zadi ... he got pelters and maybe we will be proved wrong. Tel is certainly getting more out of him than Brew ever could.

Yesterday it sounded like he made a few crucial tackles, but he also had a few bombscare moments ... as someone in the chatroom said, an "on-edge" performance. He was also posted missing for the incident that saw Duncan sacrifice himself to a red card ......

fair play to Zadi ... he got pelters and maybe we will be proved wrong. Tel is certainly getting more out of him than Brew ever could.

Yesterday it sounded like he made a few crucial tackles, but he also had a few bombscare moments ... as someone in the chatroom said, an "on-edge" performance. He was also posted missing for the incident that saw Duncan sacrifice himself to a red card ......

With regards to duncan getting sent off i thought Zadi maybe should have halfed the guy but on the whole a great performance he has to be first choice left-back even when hastings and Byrne are fully fit.

Hastings is going to really shine if he wants his place back.

The transformation from a poor bit player to a star player is incredible.

The two managers, one who did not how man manage, must take much of the credit but Djebi-zadi has shown just what he can do.

Sign him up now for next season!

neksor

Edited by neksor

And to think he was told by the previous management to find another team.

Not strictly true.....a club official apparently gave the story to a reporter in the Heathmount and then, when the news broke, had to do a lot of back pedalling because the player had never been informed.

Hastings is going to really shine if he wants his place back.

The transformation from a poor bit player to a star player is incredible.

The two managers, one who did not how man manage, must take much of the credit but Djebi-zadi has shown just what he can do.

Sign him up now for next season!

neksor

Fer fecks sake - he aint exactly a "star" player - but he is undoubtedly the most improved player. I am far from convinced as he has too many flaws - but he is the man in possession - but oh how I wish that Royster hadnt been sent off at Tynie as he would have walked in to the position.

Lionel has clearly been told a thing or two by butcher. Now when he has the ball he resists from trying to nutmeg anyone and simply clears the ball up front for dougie to chase, which is turning out to be a very successful method.

Hate to say it but roscoe has to improve in staying put, the commentators were mentioning his unreliability a lot yesterday, perhaps it would make more sense shifting proctor to right-back and roscoe to midfield?

Lionel's done well in the last few games but some people are getting carried away. While he offers a physical, aerial and attcking threat, he's prone to losing position and concentration. He was primarily responsibly for Duncan having to make that challenge yesterday. I'd like to see Hastings back next week. He's got his weaknesses but knows the basics of defending

Lionel's done well in the last few games but some people are getting carried away. While he offers a physical, aerial and attcking threat, he's prone to losing position and concentration. He was primarily responsibly for Duncan having to make that challenge yesterday. I'd like to see Hastings back next week. He's got his weaknesses but knows the basics of defending

Lionel prevented a couple of dead cert Utd goals with brilliant clearances from in and around the 6 yard box...

They mentioned it right at the start that Rossco would be the weak link, methinks they had it in for him from the start, just like Johndo has it in for Lionel.

Yip - I suspect that this will be Rosscoes final season if / when we avoid relegation - I could live with Proctor providing cover but rite back is the position that we have to address in the summer.

I dont have it in fer Lionel - I only have ever seen him playing in the Cellic game - I simply dont think that he is a full back and I am also concerned that he has lapses in concentration and has very poor defensive positional sense. He has however shown the desire and the committment and - so far - has got through games without a mishap. Quite simply he hasnt let us down but I just fear that the mishap/s will come and we cant afford that. Believe it or not I would put Hastings in front of him but Royster by a country mile.