FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bbc Alba

Heilandee

See BBC Alba are to start showing a few Live first division games, Sundays with 3.15 kick off

Sunday, 22nd February

Airdrie United v. Clyde

Sunday, 22nd March

Partick Thistle v. Dundee

Sunday, 19th April

St. Johnstone v. Queen of the South

Might not be of much interest to you lads at the moment ,but mebbes next season eh? :rotflmao:

Am i right in thinking that BBC Alba is not available on freeview?

Aye that's right, I wasna happy when I found that out either! Have to wait until we all go digital to get it on Freeview I think.

At the moment Alba's only available via the satellite platforms but they are pushing to get on freeview ( see bit below),it was down to the original funding and requirement to prove it was viable before launching on freeview,which seemed a strange decision IMO as this would have given greater and easier access to most folk.

"BBC Alba - the new Gaelic digital TV channel - is seeking an early launch on Freeview. The Chief Executive of the Gaelic media service MG Alba is to write to the Chairman of the BBC Trust asking him to consider such a move, the BBC reports. Currently, BBC Alba is available to Sky and Freesat viewers. Its launch on Freeview is not scheduled for another two years. But Alasdair Morrison is believed to be pushing for an earlier start date following positive feedback during the channel's first month of broadcasting. "As well as continuing to deliver an excellent service, we will also be working hard towards achieving greater access to BBC Alba by securing transmission on Freeview," he remarked. Scottish Culture Minister Linda Fabiani has said she will support Mr Morrison's efforts, insisting BBC Alba offers "distinctive and high quality programming" for Gaelic digital TV viewers. Meanwhile, Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond is calling for the creation of a publicly-funded channel offering news and content for Scottish audiences.

Would be nice if Alba was available on streaming over the website like other BBC channels ..... or their Football coverage was available on the iPlayer ...... a nice VPN connection and a stream like that would put a smile on my face :rotflmao: