FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

The Rev McCurry should stick to the pulpit and keep away from football pitches - he was useless this afternoon.

That was a definite hand ball towards the end - we should have had a penalty.

Ian Black's shooting was pathetic - far too many wasted chances.

No, no disgrace to be beaten by Motherwell - Mark Magee has them very well organised.

Where was the Caley Thistle team that ran out last Saturday with a clear will to win ? Posted missing today I'm afraid.

:rotflmao:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not posted missing - they certainly could not be faulted for effort and deserved to take something from the game. However, as I said a week or two back I think our lack of a genuine striker could kill us in the end. Imrie works hard but is not a natural finisher, and same goes for Odhiambo. Rooney has the potential, but is not there yet. Thats the difference between winning and losing games like today.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Not posted missing - they certainly could not be faulted for effort and deserved to take something from the game. However, as I said a week or two back I think our lack of a genuine striker could kill us in the end. Imrie works hard but is not a natural finisher, and same goes for Odhiambo. Rooney has the potential, but is not there yet. Thats the difference between winning and losing games like today.

i can see why you say imrie works hard but is not a natural finisher maybe give him more time he's just being put up front he's always being attacking so hopefully he will catch on fast and get a few goals. Odhiambo, well its only his 3rd game for caley so i say give him alot more time. (things just dont happen over night). Rooney i would like to see him start but who would be up front with him. i would say wood or imrie they have had more time to work with him in traing than odhiambo and morais but then again i could be wrong. Morais would make a great striker for us if he was 100% fit

Although it is a wee bit premature to start worrying about the drop I am heartened that the "honeymoon" period and the slight hysteria has been quelled and a sense of reality is returning. The bubble hasnt exactly burst - It is more like bubblegum which we have to pop back in our gobs, chew a bit more and start blowing up the bubble again.

The only problem is that Brewster and the Muppets have chewed a lot of the flavour and pliability out of the bubble gum and poor Butcher will have to chew like a feckin manic billy goat to get a bubble firm and solid enuff to last till the end of the season.

Butcher inherited this squad with no time to regroup and his "signings" - apart from Foran possibly - were all "panic buys". He simply is trying to do the best with what he has been given. And dont forget that this is practically a new squad fer 2009 and players and teams take time to gel and get to know each other. And dare I ask the question - "Whos' feckin fault is that?".

Esson is prone to the odd bloomer - what goalie isnt ? Who is there (honestly) fer rite back either than Tokely - Zadi is a mare waiting to happen at left back - Granty and Pavels have looked a good pairing this year and hopefully it was a bad day at the office. If anyone can rally and coach the back four it is Butcher.

Personally I would go with Black and Kerr in central midfield and I would hook Imrie back to left midfield - pushing Foran up front with Rooney.

Imrie and Eric may run all day and have pace but neither has the composure, the forward goalscoring instincts or positioning to be regular scorers - but Butcher is playing them becos they harry defenders and can give us time and space behind them - and they make the odd hoof look an effective ploy.

Imrie and Eric may well cause the Huns a few problems with their movement and pace - if only they could score as well.

Butcher is doing as good as he could do with what he has got - Remember this is all about survival this season - no more, no less.

was a definete penalty to us,and offside goal,wasnt offside,had a superb view from the ajg parcels box with les kidger etc blackie should learn to stop arguing the argument with the ref over the corner was embarassing! but we played ok apart from 2 errors,i think we should of won it

Can't believe we took nothing from that game. It might just be me, but I don't see where Motherwell were much better than us in the first half. We gave away possession too cheaply, thanks to Granty hoofing the ball continuously, although when called upon to do exactly that, he fresh airs the ball. We lost because we gifted two goals to Motherwell, thats the bottom line. We were better than them and should have cantered through this game, but gifting two comedy goals in the same match is beyond belief. Rooney could have won the game for us, but missed two glorious opportunities that came his way late on. We ran Well ragged in the second half but the final ball/shot eluded us. We scored an offside goal, well the linesman flagged it anyway and had one or two melees in the Well box, but nothing doing.

Whats with the Tokely bashing..............he was one of our better players, along with Foran and Imrie who again worked his socks off, but the final ball was given away too often.

Esson lost confidence after his howler and Grant punted the ball everywhere. Nothing Butcher can do about schoolboy errors, however, I will console myself in the knowledge that we are a better side than smash and grab Motherwell.

We falling back into our same old ways.

Am afraid that the Butcher Honeymoon is over and It's back to reality.

If we keep going this way and if we lose to falkirk later on this month I'm afraid it could be game over and relegation.

I hate looking at it this way but I'm just facing the truth.

Whats with the Tokely bashing..............he was one of our better players, along with Foran and Imrie who again worked his socks off, but the final ball was given away too often.

Some people seem to have a vendetta against poor wee Rosscoe. I think he's alright myself, but may be better somewhere in the midfield.

The Tokely bashing is totally merited. He was the 2nd worst player on the park yest, just behind a shocking Munro.

Tokely isnt SPL standard at all and must be in the top 5 of the worst SPL players ever! He needs to be dropped ASAP. Then free him in the summer unless we are in the 1st division but even then he would struggle.

For someone so big he is not strong and to often yest he got barged off the ball. He gets caught out of position all the time and cant pass AT ALL. Everytime he has time on the ball he just punts it up the pitch.

Shocking footballer.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i have to say i havnt seen tokely play as bad as the game yesterday. only pavels was fully up for it. i dont no what happend with munro just not his day i think. lionel - well its another full 90 mins under his belt even though he can be risky at some times i think he just needs more time.

The 3 worst performers yesterday were Duncan, Black and Munro. Esson also looked very shaky. With a third of your team playing so badly it's always going to drag the others down.

I thought Tokely was no worse than than the rest and agree about Imrie not being a striker. Also wasn't impressed with his comments in the n.o.w today, trying to talk himself up for a move to a "big" team. However, his workrate is impressive.

Apart from the goals which were both direct mistakes Motherwell didn't really trouble us. I would blame Duncan for the first as he gave away possession mind you Esson didn't help, and Grant was at fault for the second.

Foran is one of the few players we've ever had who is actually able to jump and win headers. However we won't see the best of him till fully fit, similar story with Ody, Morais and Kerr.

I'm still optimistic, and have a feeling we might come away with something from Ibrox.

Can't find anything but English football on the news of the screws site, obviously you must have bought it Bronson :rotflmao:

I think Imrie will have to spend a couple of years with us developing his game before he gets any moves. Can't fault the lad for confidence but he ain't the next Cowie yet.

I think you Caley fans are being very harsh.

You come up against a Motherwell side that before yesterday had won 4 drawn 4 and lost 0, including the win at Fir Park over ICT. Lets be honest, you might have had a decent penalty shout turned down, but at Fir Park so did we, when you had an almost identical one given. We, Motherwell actually went 6 stonewallers in 7 games without getting a penalty until we played Hibernian and finally got one we deserved. It is all swings and roundabouts.

On another day we would have won the game, it was just a combination of poor mistakes and poor finishing, as well as shocking refeereing. The linesman was pathetic and we should have had a goal and a penalty, but there is no excuse for our defending and motherwells finishing. Apart from their two goals, and a couple of half-chances in the first half, motherwell didn't really do much. That said they scored one more goal than us and thats all they need to do.

Felt disappointed with a few of the performances from our more experienced players who were playing their hearts out last week. Especially lionel and russel and ian black. No-one could be faulted for effort, but the same team as the hibs game would have seen us win the game. On a positive note, we are creating chances, which a relegated club does not do.

The only way to forget about his match is to look forward to the cup.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Who sings that Monster song that is playing in the background at the moment at the stadium?

dont think anyone answered this for you. (The Automatic)

Who sings that Monster song that is playing in the background at the moment at the stadium?

whats that coming over the Hill is it a monster or is it Rossco?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

whats that coming over the Hill is it a monster or is it Rossco?

:rotflmao:

You come up against a Motherwell side that before yesterday had won 4 drawn 4 and lost 0, including the win at Fir Park over ICT. Lets be honest, you might have had a decent penalty shout turned down, but at Fir Park so did we, when you had an almost identical one given. We, Motherwell actually went 6 stonewallers in 7 games without getting a penalty until we played Hibernian and finally got one we deserved. It is all swings and roundabouts.

Are you trying to say you thought you were the better side yesterday. Apart from the 2 gifted goals what did you create in 90 mins . I will tell you , nothing. The ref was an absolute disgrace and gave you every decision that matters . Get your blinkers of and for once admit your team yet again got the breaks against us. The last time you were in inverness the game should have been over before half time in our favour yet you mugged us in the 2nd half due to a brilliant free kick. Dont fall into the trap of believing the crap Maghee spouts every other day in the press.

Are you trying to say you thought you were the better side yesterday. Apart from the 2 gifted goals what did you create in 90 mins . I will tell you , nothing. The ref was an absolute disgrace and gave you every decision that matters . Get your blinkers of and for once admit your team yet again got the breaks against us. The last time you were in inverness the game should have been over before half time in our favour yet you mugged us in the 2nd half due to a brilliant free kick. Dont fall into the trap of believing the crap Maghee spouts every other day in the press.

Well said Motherwell had no good chances at all ref had a shocker and McGhee saying he knew his team would win was sheer arrogance as his team were lucky to escape with the points.

Shots were 11-10 in favour of Inverness so that hardly suggests there were no chances other than the two goals. Funny how you're telling someone else to get the blinkers off when nearly everyone posting on this thead seems to be blaming the result on the referee and some are even suggesting it's all some big conspiracy against teams from the North. It can't always be the referee's fault.

We deserved our win, just as much as we deserved the draw against Celtic. It is not Motherwell's fault if a team does not bother Smith much, despite controlling the game. All it proves is we take our chances.

At the second goal despite the mistake, there was still alot to be done and you won't see much better, or accurate finishing, except maybe from Brian "Juan" Kerr every 15 matches.

And what trap is that? The fact he said, once he gets his First XI back you will see Motherwell march up the table, 5 wins 4 draws... check. The fact if we get our First XI back we'll give anyone a game... beaten Hearts, hammered Dundee United, drawn with Celtic... check... what part of it should I not listen to?

Edited by ATW