FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Busses To Falkirk?

roby

In view of the importance of our match with Falkirk on the 21st March,i think the club should seriously consider laying on free busses again. It was proved at the Hamilton game by the huge response from the fans that it was a definate success. In our short history we have played some massive games but none could prove to be more vital than this one.Lets get as many fans as possible down and give the players the boost they deserve.

In view of the importance of our match with Falkirk on the 21st March,i think the club should seriously consider laying on free busses again. It was proved at the Hamilton game by the huge response from the fans that it was a definate success. In our short history we have played some massive games but none could prove to be more vital than this one.Lets get as many fans as possible down and give the players the boost they deserve.

Gimme gimme gimme. :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Is there anyway we could ask the club about putting free buses on to the game??? it might be rude but all the fans want to help the club. Could the supporters trust or supporters club do something for us

Is there anyway we could ask the club about putting free buses on to the game??? it might be rude but all the fans want to help the club. Could the supporters trust or supporters club do something for us

I believe that you can join the supporters club for ?5 and that'll entitle you to join the bus at a cost of only ?10 (this must be subsidised?) which I would say is great value considering you travel straight there and then back after the game with refreshment stops on the way.

The club directors have already shelled out to offer free buses this season so I agree it would be rude to ask for more again.

Guest birdog

I believe that you can join the supporters club for ?5 and that'll entitle you to join the bus at a cost of only ?10 (this must be subsidised?) which I would say is great value considering you travel straight there and then back after the game with refreshment stops on the way.

The club directors have already shelled out to offer free buses this season so I agree it would be rude to ask for more again.

It would be unforgivable if we were slightly rude to the directors of this club especially since they were so civil and polite with regard to the fans in the weeks before Brewster's sacking. Don't forget that the last time free buses were offered it was done as a bribe to get us onside whilst Brewster was in the hot seat.

And remember, "if you don't ask you don't get."

Guest Muir-Jaggie

only bad thing is when they stop off at perth :thumb04: . We hardly have any time to go to the pub and get the crack with the fans since were not aloud to drink on the bus. We get told to get off and we have 15 mins before the bus goes. All my mates who go on other supporter buses always stop off for a pint and take drink on the bus and listen to some music. WE DONT!!!! :rotflmao:

:thumb04: ok, so giving free travel may actually put a loss to the club,

why dont ict now-and-again bring a pound bus in.

I dont think anyone regrets paying a quid and atleast its more of a contrabution. ?200??? better than nthing ;)

nobody quote me :rotflmao: :018:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

:rotflmao: ok, so giving free travel may actually put a loss to the club,

If we go down i think that will be a bigger loss than putting a few free buses on for games. The team would play alot better if they new the had a strong crowd of 200-500 crowd there

to be fair to the club, i was surprised they put on a free bus for hamilton, yes it was a good thought and did work, but the thought was there so that next time there would be people going to a "big game" they would pay for the bus and get more people paying and going to these games in the future. nobody can expect the club to supply free busses for every so called big game, by the end of the season the club would in the red

Edited by jamie ictfc

Guest birdog

to be fair to the club, i was surprised they put on a free bus for hamilton, yes it was a good thought and did work, but the thought was there so that next time there would be people going to a "big game" they would pay for the bus and get more people paying and going to these games in the future. nobody can expect the club to supply free busses for every so called big game, by the end of the season the club would in the red

I would have to disagree with the motives which you put forward there, I would say that the club blatantly tried to buy off the support which was turning against them and their decision to stick by Brewster, not to mention the disrespect shown to fans who opposed Brewster's continued position within the club. A wee sweety for the greetin bairns, never worked though.

Mentioned this in another thread ages ago (the survival thread) I think a level of subsidy (not free, but bigger subsidy than the supporters club) would be no bad thing for buses for this game. If things are still dire after the split, I think that them fans will pay full whack to go anywhere and help keep us up.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Mentioned this in another thread ages ago (the survival thread) I think a level of subsidy (not free, but bigger subsidy than the supporters club) would be no bad thing for buses for this game. If things are still dire after the split, I think that them fans will pay full whack to go anywhere and help keep us up.

i cant see alot of fans making it to most away games cause of the credit crunch but the clubs are trying to help lower tickets.

Why is there only 1 supporters bus goes to away games???

i cant see alot of fans making it to most away games cause of the credit crunch but the clubs are trying to help lower tickets.

It's hardly ever full so why would they bother putting on 2?

To be fair they will run as many buses as they have demand for, however for various reasons the demand just isn't there for a 2nd bus unless it's a 'big' game.

Edited by L_G

well....there should be. For the young boys who want to stop of at pubs before and after the game

Bit of a contradiction there methinks.. Considering you're only 17, it's obvious why Lady Fraser will not let you stop off in the pubs etc.. and do not want you under the influence on the Supporters Buses.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

well....there should be. For the young boys who want to stop of at pubs before and after the game

Bit of a contradiction there methinks.. Considering you're only 17, it's obvious why Lady Fraser will not let you stop off in the pubs etc.. and do not want you under the influence on the Supporters Buses.

Every other SPL club supporters buses stops off for drinks but our "1" dont :rotflmao: yes i'm 17 but that wouldnt stop me getting sold. i look alot older anyway :thumb04:

Our owner in everything but name, David Sutherland could pay for them and not even notice the difference to his bank book.

Every other SPL club supporters buses stops off for drinks but our "1" dont :rotflmao: yes i'm 17 but that wouldnt stop me getting sold. i look alot older anyway :thumb04:

haha.... o well then its ok to look 17 and be pished on the bus haha . that approach shows your age

Its ?12 for the bus now.... :rotflmao:

[quote name='Muir-Jaggie' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:41 AM' post='174575'

only bad thing is when they stop off at perth :rotflmao: . We hardly have any time to go to the pub and get the crack with the fans since were not aloud to drink on the bus. We get told to get off and we have 15 mins before the bus goes. All my mates who go on other supporter buses always stop off for a pint and take drink on the bus and listen to some music. WE DONT!!!! :thumb04:

15 minutes - feck me - thats enuff time fer at least half a feckin dozen double voddies.