Ict -v- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A massive three points that looked unlikely given the start we made, but delighted the team managed to hold on at the end for three points that moves us up two places.

Not everyone had their best game today but we had most of them on form and it was just enough to outperform a poor midden side. They created a couple of chances but apart from their goal they never looked like scoring, although saying that i was a bsolutely bricking it near the end.

Roscoe being an absolute legend managed to skin 5 players and run it to the corner before winning a throw in, wasting about a minute, and from his reaction at the end it clearly meant a lot to him to get one over st "we all hate ross tokely" mirren.

By the way, a FANTASTIC celebration from morais, that was superb from the boy, nothing i love more than seeing a player enjoying scoring a goal and celebrating in style (although clearly milking it!). He looks a good striker and when we play it on the deck to him and imrie it works wonderfully.

Well chuffed with the result, bit of a hang on at the end but Midden did not really create that much.

Granty looks a bit shakey these days, how many times did he just pump the ball to the opposition even when under no pressure? Loinel apart from his missfortune with the goal did pretty well, pity we never managed the third goal when we had all the pressure, could have settled us down.

In the first half - except the last 10 mins - we played extremely poor, the game as a whole was poor, then suddenly we came into it and the performance in the second was greatly improved until that dodgy 10 mins or so at the end

Also must mention the fact that Lionel must be one of the most entertaining players ever :rotflmao: , every time he gets it he seems to do the thing you wouldn't expect and makes the most stupid mistakes :thumb04:

In the first half - except the last 10 mins - we played extremely poor, the game as a whole was poor, then suddenly we came into it and the performance in the second was greatly improved until that dodgy 10 mins or so at the end

Also must mention the fact that Lionel must be one of the most entertaining players ever :rotflmao: , every time he gets it he seems to do the thing you wouldn't expect and makes the most stupid mistakes :thumb04:

Thats why he shouldn't get anywhere near the team again. He was at fault for the goal today and those kind of mistakes could have cost the game and maybe get us relegated. He is good to laugh at but thats not what we need just now

Thats why he shouldn't get anywhere near the team again. He was at fault for the goal today and those kind of mistakes could have cost the game and maybe get us relegated. He is good to laugh at but thats not what we need just now

He is as good as anyone in defence, tackling and can distribute fairly creatively. He and Tokers are the Ebony and Ivory of lanky wing backs.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

And who was that mystery man on the tannoy?

He sounded vaguely familiar. :rotflmao:

The man on the tannoy, alot better than the last 1 we had last

How many times this season have we come from behind to win? Can't be many.

Looking back at the results, I think the last comeback was in September v Killie. There was one before that, at Falkirk.

Lionel was unfortunate at the goal. I will need to see it again but I thought a bit of hesitation between him and Grantie ended with Grant heading the ball into Lionel and it cannoned off him right into Dorman's path and he guided the ball low behind a diving Fraser. The pitch is still a bit lumpy, and Lionel and Fraser sliced a couple of clearances, but after that both of these players did very well. Get off his back, you are not helping him gain confidence when every misplaced pass is scrutinised. I for one thought he was excellent in the second half.

Good win, two cracking goals from Morais and an excellent shift from Foran and Imrie, who did the usual 110%, but wasted some good pessesion when his final ball let him down. He also had a netbound chip cleared off the six yard box with the keeper stranded. Tokely was also brilliant today, and his wing wizardy was scintillating. We were well on top after scoring our second goal but ended up sitting deeper and deeper as Mirren pushed forward. Gameplan worked in the end but left the fans a bit uncomfortable at the death. Barrowman was left chasing hopeless punts at the end as a lone striker. He does win his fair share in the air, but with no one to assist him it was a waste of time literally. Three points and further away from relegation. Still 21 points to play for, but top six is not achievable now.

"Very strange sub by Butcher - replacing Morais with Barrowman"

Morais was holding his hamstring and was limping a bit. Better to get him off and keep him for next week than knacker it. What a difference he made, when he went off no one could hold the ball up and that let ST Mingin back into the game.

Can the man sat behind me please start supporting the team. Was getting really fed up of his tirade of abuse at Barrowman. He was expecting him to run forward, then out left, then out right, then tackle everyone.

I thought Barrowman did no bad for the while he was on but i would still prefer Rooney , he seems to be out of favour these days :rotflmao:

Oh well i suppose the gaffer knows what hes doing & we got the three points ;)

One other thing i wish Granty would stop hoofing the ball :018: my nerves just cant take it :thumb04:

Lionel was definitely unlucky with the goal, watching the game again on BBC ALBA last night showed the ball was just hit off him; he had no time to react.

The rest of the game he looked very good I felt. Some nice touches, good runs, strong in the air... I'll still hold my breath every time he's on the ball though!!

Lionel was definitely unlucky with the goal, watching the game again on BBC ALBA last night showed the ball was just hit off him; he had no time to react.

The rest of the game he looked very good I felt. Some nice touches, good runs, strong in the air... I'll still hold my breath every time he's on the ball though!!

I like Lionel , he gives his all & deserves so be in starting line up

Pity about the goal but we won & thats what counts :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

How many times this season have we come from behind to win? Can't be many.

I know this 1 wasnt this season but the celtic game has to be the best one 2-0 down and come back to win 3-2 :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Just listened to Terrys after match interview. He was planning on starting barrowman :rotflmao: thank god he started morais

So i wonder if Terry rates barrowman more than the other strikers???

Think Butch prefers a small nippy striker with a tall striker so that would explain the possiblity if playing Barrowman, I can see him starting next week.

Though it was a very poor game yesterday Djebi-Zadi was very unlucky with the goal don't think there was much he could do about it. The two goals were brilliant strikes from Felipe. Imrie's work rate was great but he needs to learn to not dive into tackles and he needs to get his head up when he's running with the ball there was far too many times he ran into corners then turned and there was no support. Defensively we were ok in the second half, Ike handiling was good but his kicking was awful.

Next week we will probably keep the same team with Esson in for Fraser and possibly Barrowman in for Imrie or Proctor with Morais on the right.