FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paul Sheerin

Alex MacLeod

Been to watch the last two St Johnston games v QoS and Dundee. The old grandad of football still has it. He hasn't lost the skill, he has one powerhouse of a shot and the distance he can still cover in a game would put a lot of the younger players to shame.

Not sure he'd hack the SPL though.

He was one of my favourite ICT players. I mind a belter of a goal against Alloa / Arbroath from about 35 yards out that secured a 1 - 0 win for us. Fantastic striker of the ball and one of th best passers to ever play for us.

He was one of my favourite ICT players. I mind a belter of a goal against Alloa / Arbroath from about 35 yards out that secured a 1 - 0 win for us. Fantastic striker of the ball and one of th best passers to ever play for us.

Great player... probably my favourite ever to wear the ICT shirt!!

Not sure what goal you're on about

He never slipped through our fingers really. He went to Ayr when they were offering silly money to players like John Hughes and Pat McGinlay as they battled Livi for a place in the SPL. He trebled his wages by going to Ayr.

He trebled his wages by going to Ayr.

And doubled his weight.

hahaha He was a regular in the Lemon Tree. Didn't he go to The Dons under Paterson. I hoped he would return here but it was not to be. Just learned that he was a schoolboy at Celtic, how he must have relished scoring that penalty, mind you he never missed them.

Fave moment was against Killie in a cup game when we were in Div 1. Two defender came bearing down on him as he dwelt on the ball. He flicked it up, and followed it, just as the two arrived from opposite sides at the same time. They clashed heads and had to both recieve medical attention. How we laughed at the circumstances of their injury, (though not of course at the injury itself.)

He came down to train with the youth players a couple of times and he was WELL sound. Shearer was an arrogant prik but Sheerin was up for a chat and dished out plenty of advice. My boss also told me that when he was a mascot for a juniors in Glasgow, Sheerin was there and was speaking to everyone.. All round nice guy.

For all the games he played for ICT I can't remember him having a bad game

You could argue there was one critical bad moment for Sheerin. BCC Final against Alloa - scores a hat trick (including 2 penalties) and misses in the shoot out. Sods law!

However we both know the real reason we lost that day Gaz! :rotflmao:

For all the games he played for ICT I can't remember him having a bad game

You could argue there was one critical bad moment for Sheerin. BCC Final against Alloa - scores a hat trick (including 2 penalties) and misses in the shoot out. Sods law!

However we both know the real reason we lost that day Gaz! :thumb04:

:rotflmao:

Yeh Tokely can't take a penalty!!!

Possibly the best game of football ever to be played, shame we didn't win it though. I would kick Martin Cameron's erse if I ever met him