FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Crowds For Next Season

Westhillman

Really hope that season ticket sales are up from last season. With the decrease in prices and the groundswell of support from true fans who have the best interests of the club at heart I would like to think that we could have around 2000 season ticket holders for 09/10. I believe that the figure of 2000 is probably what the club is aiming for and will ensure some sort of financial stability for the club at least for another year!

From a personal perspective I have heard from quite a few folk that they are looking to by season tickets even having just watched the last game of the season this bodes well for the future.

Does anyone else out their have any inclinations on crowds for next season?? :024:

Well am going to all the home games (cup games aswel) and i am going to try my best to go to all the away 1s aswel (cup games aswel)

Hopefully we'll get more than 2,000 each home game

Away support :024: 200-350

The average fanbase will be down. Simply because the OF gloryhunters wont be around. However, I see no reason why we wont be able to average close on 3000. It is very encouraging to hear from the club that sales to new supporters makes up 15% of the total so far.

I thought the average attendance when we were last in the 1st division was around 1950 .

It is very hard to judge this time round but having 5 years in the spl our fan base has grown,also

with the price of season tickets been dramatically reduced i am fairly confident of average attendances of been around 2500 to 3000 mark!

Its going to be a very competitive league were every team can take points of everyone,hopefully an entertaining league.

I thought the average attendance when we were last in the 1st division was around 1950 .

That sounds about right to me. We were a team on the up back then too.

Hard to see much over 2,000.

Can't see it reaching 3000, not 2,500 at the very very most. The only game that will probably get a "big" crowd will be the Highland Derby. I wouldn't surprised to see about 3500-4000 at that.

Although there is no old firm I still think we will have decent attendances. Winning games will make a huge difference and there are still big matches; County, Livi and Plastic (There can be only one) will bring attendances up as well as the Dundee & Dunfermline matches... plenty to look forward too :024:

And i see we have been installed as joint favorites to win the first div. with Dundee, that will no doubt increase the crowds!!!!!

Its been a while since we we made favorites to win anything eh?

I don't think that home games against Dunfermline, Dundee and Partick Thistle are that different from St.Mirren, Falkirk and Hamilton but the additional revenue from the gates when the bigger clubs visit will be missed. Will just need to get some decent draws in the Cups next season home or away to the wee clubs from Glasgow.

I should imagine that an average home league gate of 2,500 for next season would be acceptable - hopefully it will be more but we shall see how it goes....

More interested in what the team will look like though....

Last time we were in the first division our core support was no more than about 1,500 with the average being brought up towards the 2,000 mark by the Highland derbies and the capacity crowd for the final game of the season against St Johnstone.

This time,assuming we are able to compete towards the top, I'd imagine a core of about 2,200 with an average in the region of 2,700 or so. I'm sure the club will be budgeting for no more than that if they ate being prudent.

In our last stint in the First Division, average attendances came to little more than 2000. In the four years we spent in the division with County, our average attendance was always lower than theirs.

We'll find out next season what effect five years of playing in the SPL has had on the fanbase. Hopefully we can add 500 or so to the crowds we were getting lat time, but even that might not be enough to compete with the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick who last season averaged 3788, 3112 and 2966 respectively.

Quines in the shop said that there was 52 new season ticket holders (from last saturday 12ish) so hopefully that can cover the amount of people not re-newing.

Would be great if the home crowds were more than last year.

but even that might not be enough to compete with the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick who last season averaged 3788, 3112 and 2966 respectively.

That figures are based on the total number of people at the ground, not just home fans. Noway that we can get close to that number just because the "true" supporters from the other teams cant be bothered with there long journey.

Wonder if we can take more away support to Victoria Park than the home fans can manage :015:

That figures are based on the total number of people at the ground, not just home fans. Noway that we can get close to that number just because the "true" supporters from the other teams cant be bothered with there long journey.

Wonder if we can take more away support to Victoria Park than the home fans can manage :015:

The number is taken from the home sections of the att, id say them having a high number will have more to do with there Actual fan base... as for the Victoria Park bit, Im 100% sure we wont.. they'll have a sell out and we may near fill the away end....

1 in 7 are new season ticket holders but I'm sure I read on here yesterday that only 52 new season tickets were purchased , so if my calculations are correct we've only sold 364 in total :rolleyes:

That was from last Saturday at 12 ish.

Lets just live and hope that this week, over 2646 people have went in the club shop :rolleyes: