FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Coatbridge United game

Renegade

--------------------------------------Esson-----------------------------------------------

-----------Tokely---------------------Munro--------------------Golabek----------------

---Hayes------------------Cox----------------------McBain--------------Djebi-Zadi---

-------------------------------------Sanchez---------------------------------------------

------------------------Barrowman------------------Foran------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Eagle, Proctor, Rooney, Bulvitis

Once again I believe I decent attacking football is needed to win the league. Esson as always in goal. Three across the back of Tokely, Munro and Golabek. Tokely should again try forward runs but stay back when Golabek does so, the same goes for Golabek. Munro is in there to do what he has done best this season and hold it all together the best he can, often playing as a sweeper/libero sort of role, clearing things up at the back. Hayes is on at right midfield so he can charge down the wings as well as cutting inside to shoot with his left. Cox is in the centre to play the ball to the wings, along with McBain. Cox should also move over a little to the right should Hayes cut inside for a possible cross. McBain should also hang back a little when Golabek or Tokely go forward. Once again I'm make a call to re-introduce Lionel Djebi-Zadi but in an attacking position. I would have him in a position, where should he make a blunder there would be enough players behind him to recover. Having him charging forward using his size and speed would cause a heck of a lot of trouble for the opposing full backs. ICT should try and play as wide as possible moving the ball the wings for Hayes and Djebi-Zadi to run forward with it, crossing from the line. Sanchez should sit just infront of the midfield and move forward with Barrowman and Foran when on the attack. Foran needs someone to feed off when up front and I believe trying Barrowman up front with him (with Sanchez sitting just behind) would be very beneficial. When defending corners, Sanchez and Barrowman should stay forward as much as possible and when defending corners, Munro and possibly Golabek and/or Cox or McBain staying back as well. On the bench is Allison, Proctor (if someone is injured at the back or in the midfield, or if ICT are defendiing a slight lead with little time left), Eagle, Rooney and Bulvitis. The main tactic on the whole would be keep the ball down as much as possible, playing it to the wings.

Edited by Renegade

We look to have a decent starting 11 picking themselves now, with a solid enough back line.

Why change it?

Because this defensive style will only hold for so long. Also, every time I've seen Stratford (both home league games and the two cup ones against Albion and Stranraer), he's been useless. McBain is far better round there. He might be getting on a bit, but he could still put in a better shift than Stratford. I'm no fan of Duncan at all, but I'd even have him instead of Stratford. Bulvitis is another one. Might have some games where he's alright but not the answer in the long run IMO. Desperately needing a Dods/Mann type in there next to Munro. Seems too clumsy for my liking and should Butcher stick with him for the rest of the season which I predict he will, I won't at all surprised to see a good number of own goals/penaltys being given away by him. Eagle's another. Exactly what does he add to the team? He might have a good cross but he can't do much else. Awfully one footed as well. ICT desperately need a right winger as well I reckon.

If it aint broke dont fix it. We won 3-0 today so i say play the same team. If there was to be a change then i would like to see rooney on from the start?

Doubt that would happen. Foran and Sanchez were very good today. Their is no chance of Rooney getting a start ahead of them (unless it is in the NOS Cup Final tommorrow)

Because this defensive style will only hold for so long.

Defensive? Were you at the game yesterday? We scored 3 and conceded 0.. With Morton barely troubling Esson at all.

Also, every time I've seen Stratford (both home league games and the two cup ones against Albion and Stranraer), he's been useless.

No one really has stood out for us in the home games this season. Singling out one player, who hasn't played anywhere near as badly as someone you seem to champion so much, isn't right, when the whole team have been pish.

Bulvitis is another one. Might have some games where he's alright but not the answer in the long run IMO. Desperately needing a Dods/Mann type in there next to Munro. Seems too clumsy for my liking and should Butcher stick with him for the rest of the season which I predict he will, I won't at all surprised to see a good number of own goals/penaltys being given away by him.

We now have a relatively solid looking backline, don't see why there's any need to change it, who could we put in that would be better than Bulvitis?

He kept us in the Partick game by all accounts, Esson will get all the plaudits, but it wouldn't even of gone to penalties had Bulvitis not been on the park.

Eagle's another. Exactly what does he add to the team? He might have a good cross but he can't do much else. Awfully one footed as well. ICT desperately need a right winger as well I reckon.

Eagle is clearly just going to be a stand in player until Imrie comes back from injury. Until then, we have no one better.

Your constant calls for the same players to be dropped all the time is getting boring. Why bother? The team is definitely not gonna be changed for the next game, bar any unexpected injuries etc.

Because this defensive style will only hold for so long.

Defensive? Were you at the game yesterday? We scored 3 and conceded 0.. With Morton barely troubling Esson at all.

Wasn't at the game but from all accounts Morton were pretty hopeless and anyway you don't need to be at the game to know the score.

Also, every time I've seen Stratford (both home league games and the two cup ones against Albion and Stranraer), he's been useless.

No one really has stood out for us in the home games this season.

Disagree, From what I've seen Hayes has stood out and so has Cox, thought the latter not so much in the County game.

Singling out one player, who hasn't played anywhere near as badly as someone you seem to champion so much, isn't right, when the whole team have been pish.

So singling out Lionel as you have in the past and just have again is okay for you to do but it aint for me to say about Stratford. Sorry this guy aint half the player someone like McBain is. BTW have a look at where I've put Lionel and what I'd have him doing. Not defending, going forward and attacking, which he was always his best feature.

You also seem to have Lionel's performance in one game as his performance for the whole season. Observe - Ayr United - Lionel - one of the better players, Stratford - poor. Albion - Lionel - not bad, Stratford - poor. County - Lionel - dreadful, Stratford - not much better.

Bulvitis is another one. Might have some games where he's alright but not the answer in the long run IMO. Desperately needing a Dods/Mann type in there next to Munro. Seems too clumsy for my liking and should Butcher stick with him for the rest of the season which I predict he will, I won't at all surprised to see a good number of own goals/penaltys being given away by him.

We now have a relatively solid looking backline, don't see why there's any need to change it, who could we put in that would be better than Bulvitis?

He kept us in the Partick game by all accounts, Esson will get all the plaudits, but it wouldn't even of gone to penalties had Bulvitis not been on the park.

Ticking time bomb I reckon. Far too clumsy.

Eagle's another. Exactly what does he add to the team? He might have a good cross but he can't do much else. Awfully one footed as well. ICT desperately need a right winger as well I reckon.

Eagle is clearly just going to be a stand in player until Imrie comes back from injury. Until then, we have no one better.

Lionel in that position would be far better IMO, he would add something to the attack that Eagle does not.

Your constant calls for the same players to be dropped all the time is getting boring. Why bother?

Were you not one of the posters who constantly called for Lionel to be dropped? That's a little boring is it not?

Why bother? The thread is there to show what you do, but some people seem to think it's called "Butcher's Team Prediction".

BTW you also seem very eager every week to shoot down others formations and line ups when you don't like it. Bit boring isn't it?

Edited by Renegade

This is the most RIDICULOUS thread ever!! Renegade, are you winding us all up?!!

We've just had a convincing win away from home. Fair enough we should be expected to win easily but 3-0 away is a very good sign for me. Butcher is clearly building a strong team but your wanting to change it completely and alter the formation!! its hilarious!! Thank f**k your not our manager!!

We look to have a decent starting 11 picking themselves now, with a solid enough back line.

Why change it?

Because this defensive style will only hold for so long. Also, every time I've seen Stratford (both home league games and the two cup ones against Albion and Stranraer), he's been useless. McBain is far better round there. He might be getting on a bit, but he could still put in a better shift than Stratford. I'm no fan of Duncan at all, but I'd even have him instead of Stratford. Bulvitis is another one. Might have some games where he's alright but not the answer in the long run IMO. Desperately needing a Dods/Mann type in there next to Munro. Seems too clumsy for my liking and should Butcher stick with him for the rest of the season which I predict he will, I won't at all surprised to see a good number of own goals/penaltys being given away by him. Eagle's another. Exactly what does he add to the team? He might have a good cross but he can't do much else. Awfully one footed as well. ICT desperately need a right winger as well I reckon.

What is Hayes? For the last two games he has played a textbook right winger's role very effectively.

I suspect there's a strong streak of wind-up in your team line-up posts Renegade, but seriously, I wouldn't meddle with the team that started against Partick and Morton: as I said on the matchday thread, there's a real understanding beginning to develop between the players, and the approach yesterday was anything but defensive. I think you should look again at Stratford, by the way - he's very unflashy but he actually gets through a lot of work closing down attacking opponents and allowing Cox to play the more offensive midfield role. I do agree with you to some extent about Bulvitis - I think his positioning and tendency to get caught on the wrong side of attackers will cost us a goal or two this season, but he does bring other strengths to the team and I'm reasonably content to see him stay in there unless a clearly better alternative emerges.

This is the most RIDICULOUS thread ever!! Renegade, are you winding us all up?!!

We've just had a convincing win away from home. Fair enough we should be expected to win easily but 3-0 away is a very good sign for me. Butcher is clearly building a strong team but your wanting to change it completely and alter the formation!! its hilarious!! Thank f**k your not our manager!!

caleytillidie your new to the board , you'll get used to Renegades posts in time and see them for what they are !!! :blink:

Nope I'm serious. This defensive, walk the ball into the net style done by Butcher will not do ICT's league chances any good what so ever. It may work against the odd poor team, but it will not work in the long run. I do and always have favoured attacking football. A sort of Carlos Bilardo/Steve Paterson/Arsene Wenger style. Free flowing attacking football always works in the long run. IIRC only one manager has taken a mediocre side and done well with defensive/long ball tacics. A former England centre-half at that, but it wasn't Terry Butcher.

We've just had a convincing win away from home. Fair enough we should be expected to win easily but 3-0 away is a very good sign for me. Butcher is clearly building a strong team but your wanting to change it completely and alter the formation!! its hilarious!!

Again walk-the-ball-into-the-net tactics may against a hopeless Morton side, but will not, I repeat, WILL NOT work in the long run. ICT must go back to Steve Paterson-esque attacking football, if we want to see the SPL in Inverness again.

Thank f**k your not our manager!!

That's not very nice. I think though if I was a football manager I doubt I'd be at ICT. I'd probably be at an altogether bigger club.

Renegade have you heard of a place called New Craigs?

:lol:

I've heard the name yes, have you checked into there?

Why change it?

Finally some sanity:

What is Hayes? For the last two games he has played a textbook right winger's role very effectively.

Perhaps but he's a left winger naturally. I'd like to see a right footed Hayes on the left and a right footed Hayes on the right.

I suspect there's a strong streak of wind-up in your team line-up posts Renegade,

No, not at all.

but seriously, I wouldn't meddle with the team that started against Partick and Morton: as I said on the matchday thread, there's a real understanding beginning to develop between the players, and the approach yesterday was anything but defensive.

I'll concede that I wasn't there yesterday, so if what you say is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) then that is good news.

I think you should look again at Stratford, by the way - he's very unflashy but he actually gets through a lot of work closing down attacking opponents and allowing Cox to play the more offensive midfield role.

Okay I'll look out for that next time.

I do agree with you to some extent about Bulvitis - I think his positioning and tendency to get caught on the wrong side of attackers will cost us a goal or two this season, but he does bring other strengths to the team and I'm reasonably content to see him stay in there unless a clearly better alternative emerges.

caleytillidie your new to the board , you'll get used to Renegades posts in time and see them for what they are !!! :lol:

That's right. Posts packed with knowledge and understading, with a big dollop of common sense.

What we should really do is sign up some Fijian rugby league centres and teach them to play football.

Actually not what I said. What I said was look at some Pacific Island internation footballers (as some New Zealander sides have done) and try and get who would be decent, preferably in the defence or forward line. PSV were trying to do this when they tried to sign Roy Krishna.