FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Golabeck the answer?

Caley Mad In Berks

FFS the guys 35 years old! IMO the sort of experiance the man brings is second to non! we cant afford the sort of LB some on here are looking for, you stand and say "is he the one" well who would you rather have!! Its golly for me all the way!! and having Sinnie as an apprentice can only be a good thing!! if bazza came back would we be asking that sort of questions of him too!! experiance is priceless!

Edited by Georgeios

Of course Golly is a temporary solution - I have to admit that I feel a bit sorry fer Lionel cos it defies belief that he was "trusted" throughout the SPL campaign but unceremoniously dumped in the SFL. But Lionel was, is and always will be a bomb scare and made Granty look bad to boot. And Lionel made terrible mistakes in every game - Golly hasnt

Have to agree Lionel does make mistakes, but we seem to have turned him into some sort of scapegoat for our bad form.

Wasn,t so long ago Lionel was a cult figure to the ICT supporters how things quickly change.

Whilst on the subject of mistakes none have been more so costly than Tokeley getting caught on the wrong side of his man against Falkirk last day of the season and Foran missing from point blank in the first half. So even the best f**k up.

I say give Lionel a break and give him a run of games. Other than that get Hastings back from Hamilton.

Have to agree Lionel does make mistakes, but we seem to have turned him into some sort of scapegoat for our bad form.

Wasn,t so long ago Lionel was a cult figure to the ICT supporters how things quickly change.

Whilst on the subject of mistakes none have been more so costly than Tokeley getting caught on the wrong side of his man against Falkirk last day of the season and Foran missing from point blank in the first half. So even the best f**k up.

I say give Lionel a break and give him a run of games. Other than that get Hastings back from Hamilton.

Can we drop talk of last season's Falkirk game, and who is to blame for what. It's done. We were relegated.

Actually highliting a point that every game is littered with mistakes some more costly than others. LDZ does not deserve to be singled out for his mistakes.

And thanks for pointing out 'We where relegated' wondered why my season ticket was cheaper this year.

Actually highliting a point that every game is littered with mistakes some more costly than others. LDZ does not deserve to be singled out for his mistakes.

I agree with you FJ, but you've probably spotted by now that it is OK to slag Lionel off on here, no matter how well (or badly) he might have done, but the merest hint of criticism of some of the 'chosen few' is taboo.

And thanks for pointing out 'We where relegated' wondered why my season ticket was cheaper this year.

Have to agree with that. Lionel did/has made some awful bloopers, but so has all the players at one time or another. It's funny you should mention Tokely. Tokely is/can be an a very good player, but he's another one who can be prone to some awful clangers, yet the vast majority of the ICT still adore him no matter how bad he is.

Have to agree with that. Lionel did/has made some awful bloopers, but so has all the players at one time or another. It's funny you should mention Tokely. Tokely is/can be an a very good player, but he's another one who can be prone to some awful clangers, yet the vast majority of the ICT still adore him no matter how bad he is.

Your right. The only players that get rated in accordance with how well they play are Esson and Foran. Duncan gets slated when he's not that bad, one accurate Imrie cross leads to two months worth of starts, a Tokely fowl gets two seasons of hero status and one Zadi keepie up on his own goal line and he's a dik for life. Terrible.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tokely and Djebi-Zadi as wing backs in a back five. If we stick to a four, then, yeah Golly at left-back as he's more reliable. In that case, I'd also prefer Tokely at centre and either Bulvitis or Proctor at right. It's not ideal but until we make a centre back signing, then I'd prefer that to Bulvitis or Proctor in the centre.

Golebek has been solid so far at the back, but he gives the ball away to much, im also not a fan of his long back forward. I'd rather see us pass the ball out of defence, we often lose posession straight away- at least thats one thing lionel did right. I don'y see how people can argue against butcher bring him in, he's had years of experience and in the SFL thats what we need. They're will be abit of competition at LB now between himself, lionel and Shinnie which if always good.

lets remember-we've lost only one game so far this season.

Twice actually;

Ross County 1-3

Partick Thistle 2-3

Both at home. We wont get promotd or anywhre near the top of the league unless our home form drastically improves.

I agree that playing one upfront at home is stupid and has only worked once to my knowledge and that was against Celtic when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

lets remember-we've lost only one game so far this season.

Twice actually;

Ross County 1-3

Partick Thistle 2-3

Both at home. We wont get promotd or anywhre near the top of the league unless our home form drastically improves.

I agree that playing one upfront at home is stupid and has only worked once to my knowledge and that was against Celtic when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

Unbeaten when Golly has been in the team though. :(

Don't know.........never heard the question :029:

But to the conversation. One of the problems about many who post is that they can't see the wood for the tree's. At times when I've seen players being derided on here for their individual performances its usually after the whole team has been bad. If a team is playing well and one person makes a mistake, but in general has a good game, it goes un-noticed. But if the team plays bad then it seems to me that a scapegoat has to be found. It's been McBain, it's been Duncan, it's been Barrowman, Bulvitis, Zadi, Proctor. Tokely has also taken some stick in the past. It's even been Rooney when he's had five minutes at the end of a game. Now it's Gollie.

If all the aforementioned players started tomorrow, played their erses off and we won 10 - 0 there would still be fault with someone.

ICT fans are fickle creatures.

Don't know.........never heard the question :angry:

But to the conversation. One of the problems about many who post is that they can't see the wood for the tree's. At times when I've seen players being derided on here for their individual performances its usually after the whole team has been bad. If a team is playing well and one person makes a mistake, but in general has a good game, it goes un-noticed. But if the team plays bad then it seems to me that a scapegoat has to be found. It's been McBain, it's been Duncan, it's been Barrowman, Bulvitis, Zadi, Proctor. Tokely has also taken some stick in the past. It's even been Rooney when he's had five minutes at the end of a game. Now it's Gollie.

If all the aforementioned players started tomorrow, played their erses off and we won 10 - 0 there would still be fault with someone.

ICT fans are fickle creatures.

I have to say your right, Gollys not put a foot wrong, that said dont get me started on RD, no one else on the list really gets a hard time from me, Barrowloads isnt getting the games just now for me to carry on my Barrorants.. Golly is doing a great job IMO, he is after all about 55, and to be honest, at our level and money avalible hes the best man for the job, i hope we get him signed up longer, and bazza comes back.. OLD SCHOOL SPL here we come, after all whos the one thats lost us our tallent?