BornCaley

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Dundee 11 6 4 1 16 10 22

2. Ross County 11 6 3 2 15 11 21

3. Q.O.S. 11 6 2 3 21 11 20

4. Partick Thistle 11 5 4 2 19 10 19

5. Raith Rovers 11 5 3 3 14 9 18

6. Inverness CT 11 4 4 3 18 14 16

Ok so as it stands right now, the tables top 6 looks like this. It got me thinking yesterday, that the 1st Div leadership has changed nearly every week, and ICT have remained more or less in the middle. I actually think this is the right place to be. Let County, Dundee, & QOS swap places every week because their focus will be on keeping that top spot and less on who is coming up behind them. They seem to be playing all out for this spot and they will tire eventually.

ICT have a Jeckyll & Hyde problem yes, but with yesterdays win and hopefully wins against Morton, County & Airdrie; this could be the run of wins we need to maintain a strong challenge for the league come the end of the season.

I dont believe its as bad as some of us think.

Ok so as it stands right now, the tables top 6 looks like this. It got me thinking yesterday, that the 1st Div leadership has changed nearly every week, and ICT have remained more or less in the middle. I actually think this is the right place to be. Let County, Dundee, & QOS swap places every week because their focus will be on keeping that top spot and less on who is coming up behind them. They seem to be playing all out for this spot and they will tire eventually.

ICT have a Jeckyll & Hyde problem yes, but with yesterdays win and hopefully wins against Morton, County & Airdrie; this could be the run of wins we need to maintain a strong challenge for the league come the end of the season.

Fer gods sake - stop whingeing - his club needs positive posts.

We'll definately climb the table, of that there is no doubt but I think it's going to be extremely difficult to overcome Dundee !

I was in the Greenock area last Saturday and went to the Morton Dundee game. The Griffiths fellow that everyone is talking about is very very good. I think his goals will be enough to get them up :(

Hopefully, I'm wrong though

Right, i know im going to be slated for this.....

But......

Maybe another long spell in this league might do us good. We punched above our weight in our last couple of seasons in the SPL and i think being in the SFL has brought some of us back down to earth, but not all of us(Me included). So being in this league a while might make people realise that we are first division quality ONLY at the moment. We simply are not good enough for SPL right now. Being in this league will more than likely also get the good old Highland talent back into our squad and get the heart of the team back which is what we despratly need to progress.

We'll definately climb the table, of that there is no doubt but I think it's going to be extremely difficult to overcome Dundee !

I was in the Greenock area last Saturday and went to the Morton Dundee game. The Griffiths fellow that everyone is talking about is very very good. I think his goals will be enough to get them up :(

Hopefully, I'm wrong though

Further to those comments I've just seen on BBC Scotland sport website that Dundee are making a ?500 000 bid for Dundee Utd's midfield internationalist Scott Robertson in January !

They dont appear to be short of a bob !

It wouldnt be a bad position to be in if we knew that we could go on a run of 7 or 8 games and possibly getting maximum points. I think once we win the first game at home we can hopefully get that monkey off our back and start making some real progress in this league.

I think this is going to be the best chance of getting on a run. We should get 3 points against Morton. I dont care how we get them. As long as we do get them

Ahaa- so you can't read! Once thing i never do is whinge about the team i love.

oh btw -your still not funny IHE

Ahaa- so you can't read! Once thing i never do is whinge about the team i love.

oh btw -your still not funny IHE

I think he might have been trying to be sarcastic......Or maybe not.

IHE was actually pre-empting the first poster to go against your post BC. :(

I would rather be within one win of top. I remember the last time in this league and the constant see-sawing between 4th or 5th and the top. One week up, one week down. The winner of the league will be the team who can put a string of good results together. It may be Dundee, it may even be us. I wouldn't dare predict the outcome.

It's hard to look at that table and not notice that there are3 diddy teams in among us and a respectable 1st 2nd or even 3rd place.

Its not how you start, its how you finish...

Raith, Queen of the South and probably County are punching above their weight. It won't last...

These clubs I think also don't have the depth of squad required once injurys start to effect them. If we can sort out some kind of reasonable home form we should be top 3 by the end of this round of games.

This league can go any way. I am hopeful of a top six finish. In fact I've been hopeful of a top six finish for many years.

Seriously though I wouldn't underestimate Raith after seeing them IMHO.

Caley, Dundee and Raith will, I think, be in the mix at the end of this season.

Still reckon the pressure is on Dundee though.

This league can go any way. I am hopeful of a top six finish. In fact I've been hopeful of a top six finish for many years.

exactly my point Top6- the pressure was probably on ICT at the start of the season, being the ex SPL club, but Dundee, County & possibly QOS have all the pressure on them, which should be in our favour...as they will tire.

County & QOS are defo punching above their weight as someone else remarked.

exactly my point Top6- the pressure was probably on ICT at the start of the season, being the ex SPL club, but Dundee, County & possibly QOS have all the pressure on them, which should be in our favour...as they will tire.

County & QOS are defo punching above their weight as someone else remarked.

I think that we are in an ok position, we aren't too far of the pace but I'd much prefer to have more points, anyone who is saying it's better to have less points than more at the moment are talking silly, i mean really, who would rather have less points because the pressure is less, if we want to win the league then we need to be able to handle pressure.

Another thing I want to point out is, lets not come accross as being arrogant, teams like ross county and QOS have malled us already this season so lets not right them off, from what i've seen their squads are better than ours especially county's unfortunately. We can start to slag of other teams once we have proved ourselves, so far we haven't, and teams like county and QOS are proving to be better than us thus so far. So please lets support our team but lets not be arrogant idiots about it, a little bit of class wouldn't go a miss.

We would be top of the league if we were to play all our games away. 2 points at home just aint good enough.

Sort the home form out, keep the away form we have, weve cracked it. I think the next few games are vital...get the wins at home, beat county away, confidence is high for the Alba Cup Final, our season has then started!