FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Iain MacCall's rant

Stevie

I see MacCall was furious with the stand side linesman yesterday, he said his behaviour was appalling. Apparantly he was effing at his players.

Thing is, that although the Partick boss is actually right enough, how much abuse do these officials have to CONSTANTLY put up with.

Players attitude to refs and in particular linesman is there for us all to see with all the close ups on telly, absolutely shocking what they've got to put up with, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to go out there and be subjected to it all.

So now one wee bloke has given a bit back and he's getting hammered for it. Tell you what if I was one of them I'd be swearing at the effin players too ! :tonguecheek:

Can quite sympathise with the linesman, I'm sure the language that he was spoke to wasn't the cleaniest language in the world. Apparently, the stand side linesman was from Inverness and referees in the local amateur leagues.

The abuse and dissent players and those on the bench give to the officials is one of the things I really dislike about the modern game and there is no excuse for it. Of course the officials make mistakes but don't we all. I am no fan of rugby but at least the officials are treated with respect by the players even when they have got a decision badly wrong. If referees showed a yellow card more often for dissent, awarded free kicks, allowed free kicks to be taken quichly or moved free kicks 10 yards forward then things would soon improve.

The players and coaches have no business shouting abuse at the officials - that's our job!

I see MacCall was furious with the stand side linesman yesterday, he said his behaviour was appalling. Apparantly he was effing at his players.

And McCall is such a mild-mannered and amiable gentleman that he would never do anything like that *cough* paint pot *cough*

Seriously, if the linesman was doing that then McCall should be pleased, it will have saved him a job B)

Anyone remember this little ditty from a few years back?

He's white he's blue

He shat in Simons shoe

Ian McCall Ian McCall

Aye that's right John, I do recall.

That would be Simon Stainrod from their Dundee days I think, or was it Falkirk ?

Strange chap, that Iain MacCall.

Go to the Rugby at ICT Stadium on Friday evening to see players respect the officials - a lesson to be learned.

Thankfully rugby players do not try and con the officials by feigning injury with blood capsules and the suchlike :P

They are such gentlemen :clapping04:

Go to the Rugby at ICT Stadium on Friday evening to see players respect the officials - a lesson to be learned.

Thankfully rugby players do not try and con the officials by feigning injury with blood capsules and the suchlike :P

They are such gentlemen :clapping04:

Too true. You would never have a police investigation into a player losing an eye after being cowardly "gouged" (I think this is the technical term which is not applied when the same action is carried out in a Port Glasgow alleyway) out in such a well mannered respectful game!

Thankfully rugby players do not try and con the officials by feigning injury with blood capsules and the suchlike :rolleyes:

They are such gentlemen :blink:

Im pretty sure if football had special subs that do not count towards the overall amount of subs for blood injuries someone would have tried to play the system. It doesn't though and them ruggers beat them to it.

If McCall was swearing at one of the match officials the referee should have sanctioned him by sending him to the stands. He's a horrible little man.

Ain't he just, and allhis teams a creepy wee niggly foulers, just like yesterday. Nothing big and visual, just continual, like "sledging" the linesman.