FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee getting the jitters?

bauhaus

Dundee are not exactly on top form at the moment, are have to be one of the luckiest teams ever with deflections penalties and one goal wins. They have only won 3 of there 10 games away from home this season and have EIGHT away games left, and only 3 at home.

Their remaining games have a few D-days for them. By my reckoning they have 6 really difficult games coming up. Here's their remaining games.

Ayr AWAY, Airdrie AWAY, QOS HOME, County AWAY, Dunfermline AWAY, Ayr HOME, Plastic Whistle AWAY, Morton AWAY, Raith AWAY, Raith home, ICT AWAY.

To be honest if I were a Dundee fan, I would be getting really nervous. Each away game is potentially a season maker and breaker. 2 of the home games should be bankers, but Queens will give them a test at home. The Queens game through to the away Raith games will be vital - 7 games 5 away. I think they will get 19 points out of 33. Any bets a decider on the last day!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dundee are not exactly on top form at the moment, are have to be one of the luckiest teams ever with deflections penalties and one goal wins. They have only won 3 of there 10 games away from home this season and have EIGHT away games left, and only 3 at home.

Their remaining games have a few D-days for them. By my reckoning they have 6 really difficult games coming up. Here's their remaining games.

Ayr AWAY, Airdrie AWAY, QOS HOME, County AWAY, Dunfermline AWAY, Ayr HOME, Plastic Whistle AWAY, Morton AWAY, Raith AWAY, Raith home, ICT AWAY.

To be honest if I were a Dundee fan, I would be getting really nervous. Each away game is potentially a season maker and breaker. 2 of the home games should be bankers, but Queens will give them a test at home. The Queens game through to the away Raith games will be vital - 7 games 5 away. I think they will get 19 points out of 33. Any bets a decider on the last day!

You're right! I am getting nervous, but that's what being a Dundee fan is all about. We have a very difficult run in, coupled with the fact we have cup games too (hopefully). Remember, though, that you boys have to play Partick, QoS, County, Morton (nasty Tuesday nighter) and Ayr all away, plus a home derby against County. It's going to be interesting, and we both can't afford to lose games. Shame really that only one team goes up really! Rather have the points on the board now though than have to play catch up...pressure on you guys. May the best team win!

Sorry mate, but its dundee's to lose. We have no pressure. Dundee have the pressure of all that money you spent, what a waste if you dont go up, should be out of site by now. Our away form is best in the league. Home form is now as good as ever. If things go to form with your away games Dundee will drop a good number of points, and a cup run might just hinder you, as I dont think it will help, especially if a semi appears on the horizon.

We might just be saving beating you until it really really matters, and at some point the better footballing team has to win. Remember we didnt start playing this league until November-ish

I disagree and think the pressure is on ICT is well. ICT banked on being back in the SPL next season, I still think its been a successful season regardless but thats what they expected at the start of the season. As the Dundee guy said on another thread everyone has must win games coming up and its not just Dundee, It will be really interesting to see how the next few games go.

I think we still have a chance of winning the league but i also think we could blow it and end up in 4th place at the end of the year, its that close and is far too hard to call.

I LOVE BEING BACK IN THE FIRST! :blink:

I don't think i ever felt like this when we were in the SPL, its great to have games to play for that mean something this late in the season.

I disagree and think the pressure is on ICT is well. ICT banked on being back in the SPL next season, I still think its been a successful season regardless but thats what they expected at the start of the season. As the Dundee guy said on another thread everyone has must win games coming up and its not just Dundee, It will be really interesting to see how the next few games go.

I think we still have a chance of winning the league but i also think we could blow it and end up in 4th place at the end of the year, its that close and is far too hard to call.

I don't think i ever felt like this when we were in the SPL, its great to have games to play for that mean something this late in the season.

Im not sure ICT banked "financially" on being an SPL team next season, although i agree that there may have been a " we'll go straight back up" mindset. I also enjoy the 1st Division more that the SPL, but alas this division doesn pay the finances we need to survive. If we do get an 18 team SPL then im sure there will be a better challenge.

And yes Dundee are well into Jittersville

I think Dundee have had the jitters pretty much all season - they know perfectly well that their resources are far and away ahead of anyone else's in the division - look at the money spent on Griffiths and Harkins. Fact is, they should be out of sight, especially considering that no-one else has shown any consistency either.

From reading P&B, most Dens fans seem to think that Jocky Scott is hopeless when it comes to tactics, and it seems they are often reliant on a bit of individual class, usually from Harkins or Griffiths, plus a fairly stout defence, to get them out of trouble.

That said, I'd rather have the jitters and be six points clear, than be jitter-free and six points behind. It's Dundee's title to lose. Their next two games will tell us how much backbone they have - away to both the bottom two, which should be worth six points to them (though Ayr have hit a good run). More dropped points and they could go from jitters to brown trousers. But maximum points coupled with us or County dropping some and they are probably there.

If you offered me the scenario of having to beat Dundee on May 1st to win the league right now, I would bite your hand off.

Im not sure ICT banked "financially" on being an SPL team next season, although i agree that there may have been a " we'll go straight back up" mindset. I also enjoy the 1st Division more that the SPL, but alas this division doesn pay the finances we need to survive. If we do get an 18 team SPL then im sure there will be a better challenge.

And yes Dundee are well into Jittersville

I think any talk of jitters in the case of Dundee is well premature, especially in games against us, as, in our last two headtoheads, it was quite clearly us who got the jitters. I think they have shown they have the ability to steel themselves.

I think if we can get a big win on Saturday and they fail to win in midweek the pressure is right on them, I think 10 points from the next available and we are right back in the title race.

Well with Dundee not playing at the weekend, I hope we can win and pile the pressure on them. They would then have a game in hand but the psychological advantage for us if we can close the gap would be huge. Dundee have not been particularly outstanding at any point in the season and although there is pressure on us to go up, I think they will be feeling the heat more than us after all the money they have spent.

I hope they do a Clyde and their bottle completely crashes. Again.

Well with Dundee not playing at the weekend, I hope we can win and pile the pressure on them. They would then have a game in hand but the psychological advantage for us if we can close the gap would be huge. Dundee have not been particularly outstanding at any point in the season and although there is pressure on us to go up, I think they will be feeling the heat more than us after all the money they have spent.

I hope they do a Clyde and their bottle completely crashes. Again.

I'm in agreement with you to a certain extent Chibber. The major difference is that Dundee have been able to grind out results. Let's hope they do lose their bottle.

I think they will be feeling the heat more than us after all the money they have spent.

All ?250k of it? I'm sure one would agree that Griffiths is a great investment, as is Harkins, and we will no doubt make a good return on one if not both of them in the future. Furthermore I don't see why financial outlay will put more pressure on the players on the park. Further to the pressure aspect, we have the points on the board and ICT are playing catch up...ergo for the time being, the pressure is on you to win more of the last 11 games than us. Dundee's away record is terrible, but should we win our remaining 3 home games, that leaves you with 6 games to overturn the deficit (as you are 6 points behind). It's going to be tight...

There really is a lot off guff spouted regarding the vast sums Dundee have spent on players, as DeeFC champs says above, 250K is the total outlay,possibly less than Marius will recive in compo!! Regrding current form since the new year i agree we're no setting the heather alight but have had Dunfermline,Partick,County and ICT all playing "must win or seasons over" games against us and we took 7 points,so not great but not too bad.The next 2 away games (Ayr and Airdrie)will be crucial (aren't all games just now?).To sum up 6 points ahead and in the q/f of the cup or 6 behind and chasing, where would ya rather be? :lol:

If all goes well it will go from Jitters to Skitters by mid April.

If thats the case, on the last game of the season, Ill be singing '15 points and you threw it away'

As for the cash, Dee were the only team in Scottish football out with the OF to buy any players at the start of the season.

I think they will be feeling the heat more than us after all the money they have spent.

All ?250k of it? I'm sure one would agree that Griffiths is a great investment, as is Harkins, and we will no doubt make a good return on one if not both of them in the future. Furthermore I don't see why financial outlay will put more pressure on the players on the park. Further to the pressure aspect, we have the points on the board and ICT are playing catch up...ergo for the time being, the pressure is on you to win more of the last 11 games than us. Dundee's away record is terrible, but should we win our remaining 3 home games, that leaves you with 6 games to overturn the deficit (as you are 6 points behind). It's going to be tight...

Pressure. 250K!!! Sorry its not just the signing on fees, its the wages they have committed to also. Im quite sure none of the large squad you have are on first division wages. Especially when some SPL clubs wanted to sign some of the players you got in the Summer but couldnt match your wages. Dont tell us your money man will be patient for a few years to get promotion.

We all know its Dundee's title to lose, but we can hear the bottle getting tested. We have a history in winning the first division from way behind. WE JUST HAVE TO WIN ONE MORE GAME THAN YOU before the end of the season and its a winner takes all game to finish. We seem to be hitting form at the right time, getting better and better.

All ?250k of it? I'm sure one would agree that Griffiths is a great investment, as is Harkins, and we will no doubt make a good return on one if not both of them in the future.

There really is a lot off guff spouted regarding the vast sums Dundee have spent on players, as DeeFC champs says above, 250K is the total outlay,possibly less than Marius will recive in compo!!

Rubbish. How much are you lot laying out in wages particularly with players like Kerr who is on a 3 year deal?

All ?250k of it? I'm sure one would agree that Griffiths is a great investment, as is Harkins, and we will no doubt make a good return on one if not both of them in the future.

There really is a lot off guff spouted regarding the vast sums Dundee have spent on players, as DeeFC champs says above, 250K is the total outlay,possibly less than Marius will recive in compo!!

Rubbish. How much are you lot laying out in wages particularly with players like Kerr who is on a 3 year deal?

Firstly, not to be pedantic but the topic was "Dundee getting the jitters", not try to argue that your wage bill is better than our wage bill/my dad can batter your dad argument...we could be here all day.

The main focus of the thread was are Dundee getting the Jitters and how realistic, one would assume, are the chances of Caley winning the league.

Let's assume for a moment that Dundee do start to go all wrong and take 15 points between now and the end of the season (3 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses), that would leave you needing 21 or perhaps 22 (depending on goal difference) from your remaining 11 games. The more wins we can put together the more points you need to overtake us. Your points total over the last 11 games has been 20. As I have said before, we have hit a bad patch, but I would rather be in the position of the mighty Dundee than of you boys. We have a big travelling support who will now travel in even greater numbers between now and the end of the season, so hopefully that will spur us on to the title. It is, as someone else said, ours to lose. But I wish you all the best for the run in...and look forward to the last day of the season when we will be out in force in Inverness.

With love

P

Many a club has fell by the wayside thinking they could buy a team. The amount spent on players, or the wage bill, has been proven on numerous occassions not to bring success. Only to destroy a club.

The team that wins this league will be the team that has gelled together and has the fight and drive to go the whole way. Something that was severely lacking last saturday among the Dundee squad was the fight and drive.

There's still a long way to go but the best, most consistent and most fired up, team will ultimately go up.

The team that wins this league will be the team that has gelled together and has the fight and drive to go the whole way. Something that was severely lacking last saturday among the Dundee squad was the fight and drive.

:lol: Now there's nae denying you's outplayed us for long spells but surely a team with no "fight and drive" would have lain down at 2-0 down with 15 mins to go,no?

If I could influence fight and spirit on the ICT side it would be to drown out supporters from now until the last whistle patronising other teams. Complacency set in at Dens when supporters sung ''its so f***** easy and can we play you every week''. That inspired Dundee.

Against QOS the support was positive to the end and Richie's late goal line clearance epitomised the must win spirit right to the end. We do not want the team to run out of steam in any game until the final whistle goes and that's where we need sensible supporting. Some of us recall the great escape after the penalty at Clyde when Hislop scored the late winner. Support that day was magnificent and we need more of that.