FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where could I see the highlights of games?

dam17

The quality is outstanding as is the sound. Did you guys place mikes at either side of the main stand? The camera position is just above where I like to sit as well so im happy. I will give cash for a pm edition of the video. I NEED to see that foul.

WMV doesn't work on OSX but the Flava Flav one works fine. The internet at my work is the slowest available on this earth but it streamed perfect.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to the guys that do the video highlights!! Your hours spent on top of a gantry in sub-zero temperatures are not in vain!!

Really impressed with roar recorded after Richie Foran scored the winner v Raith. I was pretty loud.

See with the match footage only being allowed 3 mins, do things such as goal celebrations count as "match action", players coming on and off the pitch, etc and allowed under the "3 minute" rule?

What about manager/player interviews after the game?

Also, what are the rules regarding live coverage? I believe Falkirk broadcast all their home games live over the internet for foreign based supporters.

good questions Renegade !!!

See with the match footage only being allowed 3 mins, do things such as goal celebrations count as "match action", players coming on and off the pitch, etc and allowed under the "3 minute" rule?

3 minutes total footage, be it football or celebrations/subs etc

What about manager/player interviews after the game?

A grey area for us, but if included in the footage the SFL might go either way in ruling on this. If we were to try and get this, it is likely it would be a separate video as then there is no way it is "match footage"

Also, what are the rules regarding live coverage? I believe Falkirk broadcast all their home games live over the internet for foreign based supporters.

SPL and SFL rules are different. SPL clubs have non-exclusive media rights to their own footage and can broadcast live outside the UK if they wish whereas SFL footage is ostensibly the property of the SFL even if they had no input into preparing it.

Having said all that, broadcasting live video is a whole different ball game. There needs to be a lot better structure in place for that to happen. You are talking about high bandwidth per viewer as well as having to have some form of geo-location service that can allow or block your access depending on your IP/location.

Personally, I would love it - for obvious reasons - but I do not foresee live video anytime soon. Live audio/comentary would be the logical next step, but lets learn to walk before we can run ... the current service is in its infancy and it has taken a long time to get to this point. We will continue - in a collaboarative fashion - to press the club to improve it and perhaps extend the offering but new features or services will have to be eased in at the discretion of the club and if they can be shown to be extremely cost effective. The club seem happy with the new service and have had a lot of positive feedback so are definitely open to this now.

And if we offered to pay for a live video service , how much of a difference would that make to their thoughts.?

Unless the rate was extortionate, I think there would be a good few overseas posters who might be more than willing to sign up for that.

Certainly worth exploring although maybe not quite yet. Meanime, nothing to stop the feelers going out to test the waters and sow the seeds.? :rolleyes:

And if we offered to pay for a live video service , how much of a difference would that make to their thoughts.?

Unless the rate was extortionate, I think there would be a good few overseas posters who might be more than willing to sign up for that.

Certainly worth exploring although maybe not quite yet. Meanime, nothing to stop the feelers going out to test the waters and sow the seeds.? :023:

You do remember that the ball's round, do you?

Certainly worth exploring although maybe not quite yet. Meanime, nothing to stop the feelers going out to test the waters and sow the seeds.? :023:

Scarlet, you know there is no bigger proponent of getting coverage for the overseas listener/viewer than me. Obviously I have a very great vested interest in that and did my own investigating and burrowing into the rights and processes involved over the last 5 years in the SPL.

the bottom line is that the biggest problem would not be the technology to take video from a camera and stream it on the internet, but the sheer volume of data that is generated. Bandwidth = Cost, and the more people that view, the more bandwidth you have to pay for as well as potentially having to buy storage space on a dedicated rather than shared server ..... I believe that this would be extortionate if we were to use a model where all costs are covered. I have no problems in sowing the seeds and will continue to do so but it may not be viable to have a high quality broadcast. Other options like justin.tv or ustream might be possible but I havent looked into them.

I think Falkirk charge something like ?4 a month for their live coverage (and you get some other stuff in there too).

the Falkirk site is the same technology as the main site here so no reason why the component they use couldnt be used here. If it were to be on the cards then I would imagine that ICT could discuss how Falkirk do it with people down there.

All noted Scotty.

Sorry if I left the impression that I was trying to push a wee bit too hard. Not meant, just youthful exuberance bubbling over with excitement after getting the highlights nailed down. :cry03:

If it is possible at all there is no doubt that you will be the one to arrange it. Meantime what we have is just fine.And thank you for your persistence and efforts in arranging this unexpected windfall.

Can't stop re-running them. It's at a time like this that retirement really pays off --have the time etc. :023:

Other options like justin.tv or ustream might be possible but I havent looked into them.

I have been working on a streaming project for a client in NYC. We are using Ustream as it is a free service while we work on our content and presentations. I have to say they offer a very compelling service. They have a host of mobile services (made for them by Telestream) that allow you to broadcast (live) from a phone and view from a phone. You can also push edited content to there service via a 3rd mobile app.

Currently I am using a product called Wirecast (also by Telestream) that behaves much like a "master control" for live broadcast.

Once we have honed our presentation skills we will probably move to a fee based "content distribution network" this would allow us more control over access and transcoding for various platform. It would also free us from the annoying adverts that these free services have.

Let me know if I can be of any help in the future.

I think Falkirk charge something like ?4 a month for their live coverage (and you get some other stuff in there too).

sssssshhhhh

I'd rather get what we have for free :rolleyes:

In all seriousness this is the most productive thing to come from internet-related-ict-stuff since this forum was created. Well played to all involved

sssssshhhhh

I'd rather get what we have for free :rotflmao:

In all seriousness this is the most productive thing to come from internet-related-ict-stuff since this forum was createdRenegade joined the forum. Well played to all involved

Changed it for you. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:

Edited by Renegade

Jim McIntyre has done interviews for Pars TV, a post match interview wouldn't be classed as game footage would it? And given how good TB is in front of a camera i'm sure he'd be up for it.

to be honest, we have not asked. I would doubt it but who knows what answer you get when you ask the red-tape brigade !!! If its a separate interview then its most definitely not match footage and if we were to get it, thats probably the route we would take.

As for whether it will happen, that is very much down to Andy as well as TB and how the timing works out in the stadium after a game. If it can be organised then its not a problem getting it online and I know Andy would like to include interviews as we have previously discussed it on email.

sssssshhhhh

I'd rather get what we have for free :lol:

In all seriousness this is the most productive thing to come from internet-related-ict-stuff since this forum was createdRenegade joined the forum. Well played to all involved

Changed it for you. :lol:

:lol:

I don't know we ever managed without you.

See you next Tuesday :lol:

Guest DRAGAN

NOT ON TOPIC,

A mate of mine and his young son want to go to QOS game, Do the supps bus pick up to tromorrow in the Stirling or Cumbernauld area? Thanks