FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Odi or Sandshoes?

Harry Chibber

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer 'in the hole' ??

• Do do do Odi Odihambo
    • Only wan Danni Sanchez

Both offer something completely different to the role and it's splitting opinions on here to who should be supporting the Roonster.

Recently, Butcher has opted for Odi and is vindicated from the goals Eric's scored but in some fans opinions we aren't playing as flowing football as we were when Sanchesco was in. Here are my arguements for both:

Danni Sanchez

For:

He is a more natural attacking midfielder/playmaker than Odi. He has an excellent first touch and when he has the ball in space his first thought is to look for a pass and split the defence. He moves the ball around the park well and is probably one of the more technically gifted footballers in the squad. We seem to play more attractive football when he's on the park.

Against:

He doesn't score enough goals, doesn't have many direct assists, doesn't work hard enough and can sometimes fade out of games. If starting a game he is always the first player to be subbed

Eric Odhiambo

For:

He is a more attacking player and will run beyond Rooney without getting a nose bleed. He scores goals and seems to have a more direct impact on the game. He has pace to burn and very comfortable when running with the ball, which makes us more dangerous on the counter attack.

Against:

His first touch is a tackle. While Sanchez first thought will be to look for a pass Oddie's will always be 'how can I get a goal', which is why we aren't playing as attractive football when he's on the park. We play more direct, which leaves us vunerable at the back. If starting a game he is always the first player to be subbed

My thoughts are, we are more likely to win games with Odhiambo on the park and good football doesn't guarentee you a trophy while winning every game does. I like Sanchez and if we weren't at the business end of the season I would be more than happy to see him linking the play and watch the team play flowing football but at the moment it's win or die.

how do you eat yours?

I'am very divided tbh, i would love to see both players in the team in some way.

I went for Sanchez simply cause i think overall he is a slightly better player.

Tough choice - went for Eric as having scored in the last two he should have more confidence. His passing is woeful at times though. I would rather *watch* Danni, but that's not priority at the moment.

ODI :huh: i dont believe Sanchez fits into the Scottish game and he cant shoot. I agree that I would rather watch Sanchez sometimes, but its all very well saying oh he has a better touch but isnt the best finisher, but at the moment we NEED goals, and Odi gets them.

Odi seems the most likely to put the ball in the back of the net himself, whilst Sanchez doesn't seem to be able to catch a break in that dept but will create loads of chances for other people.

Hard to pull a guy from the squad when he's chipped in with goals, so I'd be more inclined to start with Odi and see how the game is panning out, then if need be we can bring on Sanchez with some fresh legs to cause problems for a tired defence.

Odi seems the most likely to put the ball in the back of the net himself, whilst Sanchez doesn't seem to be able to catch a break in that dept but will create loads of chances for other people.

Hard to pull a guy from the squad when he's chipped in with goals, so I'd be more inclined to start with Odi and see how the game is panning out, then if need be we can bring on Sanchez with some fresh legs to cause problems for a tired defence.

This.

I have to admit that Eric has grown on me in the last few games.

The thing is, it is really a horses for courses situation. As you rightly pointed out, both have their merits, and both have their downfalls. I was not for Eric playing at Dingwall, as the game on the tight pitch at Dingwall was more centred around a midfield battle, which Russell Duncan won. Eric, as we know, can't tackle a fish supper. Give him a bit of space though and he is a different beast altogether. He has also scored a couple of goals of late, his last one undoubtedly due to his speed and reactions. Dani on the other hand has struggled to score given the clear cut opportunities he has created or been offered. Some of that is down to just bad luck, some down to reaction time. He has a good touch in confined space, but is less likely to show the defenders a clean pair of heels. To be honest, we should not be pitting one against the other, but maybe to be more specific when we have to draft someone else in, like Ross, or Stratford, or Lionel. Now the first two played recently and I thought the game passed them bye. Not their fault they were asked to play but nevertheless they were like boys in amongst the men. Thats when the Odi/Sanchez line comes in. We need both of these guys, but not always at the same time. Great to have the option to swap one for the other as well.

Will I vote, well I might but there is only a right or wrong option and no middle line. Maybe Eric for just now to start, but it depends who where and when. Maybe Sanchez, but it also depends on the same parameters.

It's a tough one Chibberooney.............................I'm off to think about it.

cant decide, but Eric is a goalscorer, Danni seems to be used as a playmaker..Totally different roles. Im more than happy for Danni to score none as long as he dictates play in the midfield and feeds that ball into the box for Rooney or Eric/Richies feet to strike it.

It has to be Danni Sanchez. Whilst it is true that Odhaimbo has scored a couple of goals of late, goals are not the be all and end all of a good performance. Despite his goals recently, most Odhiambo performances have been somewhat poor and as I said on another thread, all Odhiambo does in that position is get clattered because he's too small and lightweight to play there, nor can he ping the ball out wide in the way that Sanchez can. For me, it's a no brainer. When Sanchez is on the park, ICT play a better and more effective style of play. Despite Eric's recent goals, I believe contributing to a good team display and in the process setting up and making goals is just as, if not a more important contribution. Odhiambo doesn't do this, Sanchez does.

It has to be Danni Sanchez. Whilst it is true that Odhaimbo has scored a couple of goals of late, goals are not the be all and end all of a good performance. Despite his goals recently, most Odhiambo performances have been somewhat poor and as I said on another thread, all Odhiambo does in that position is get clattered because he's too small and lightweight to play there, nor can he ping the ball out wide in the way that Sanchez can. For me, it's a no brainer. When Sanchez is on the park, ICT play a better and more effective style of play. Despite Eric's recent goals, I believe contributing to a good team display and in the process setting up and making goals is just as, if not a more important contribution. Odhiambo doesn't do this, Sanchez does.

I thought this was a really good thread with fair and interesting opinions until you turned up

Whilst it is true that Odhaimbo has scored a couple of goals of late, goals are not the be all and end all of a good performance. Despite his goals recently, most Odhiambo performances have been somewhat poor and as I said on another thread, all Odhiambo does in that position is get clattered because he's too small and......

Totally agree. Goals are not the be all and end all....These guys that keep scoring goals are just so boring.

High time TB took Eric aside and explained to him that we expect a whole lot more from him than just a happy knack of putting the ball in the back of the net.

I was nearly booing him after that goal he scored on Saturday.

I agree :rolleyes: