FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Prediction League

DoofersDad

Well, BIG congratulations to Dewsburydude...who I had the privilege of meeting at QoS earlier in the season. Well done sir! Prediction League Champ :021:

For me, I've been hugely disappointed by my efforts last season...I'm really thinking of a huge clearout and getting some journeymen brain cells in to make a push for the title next season.

Well done Dewsburydude... :cheer01: :025: I managed a creditable third having played fewer games than the top two. Gotta be happy with that. Thanks to all for running the contest. I look forward to next seasons battle.

Yes. Well done Dewsbury Dude for coming top in a challenging season.

For me, the prediction league has highlighted how unpredictable and competetive the SFL has been this season. This view is confirmed by the fact the Doofer's Mum came a very creditable 9th, narrowly ahead of such wise and informed participants as Wanderer, Scotty, Johnboy and, of course, yours truly. She was also a very long way ahead of Doofer but the less said about that the better.

I don't wish to down play the efforts of Doofers Mum - she's a lovely lady - but the fact is, she knows f all about football and has never been to a game in her life. However, she is fair and doesn't want any supporters too disappointed by results and therefore predicted all the results to be draws. You don't get many high scoring draws but you want some goals so she predicted them all as 1 - 1 draws. In other words, those of us below Doofer's Mum in the table did worse than a standard entry made with no actual consideration of what the score might be in any individual game. Whilst extremely embarassing for the footy fans in the Doofer household, this does illustrate both the unpredictability of the SFL (which has made the season really interesting) and than some of us know a damn sight less about the beautiful game than we would like to think we do.

It will be different in the SPL. My predicition for next season is that the natural order of things will be restored and Doofers Mum will be put firmly in her place.

Thanks for the congratulations guys. Doofers Dad, I know what you mean about the wife doing predictions. Mrs Dude and Dude jnr, who before this season, had never heard of most of the teams in the league. Dispite that, they still ended 5th and 10th :clapping04:

Cheers to all who run the league.

Well done to Gringo for winning the NPL and thanks for running that league.

Good luck next season