FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mikes lack of professionalism.

Flower

The bloke on the announcers mike was a complete arse today. I wonder if he had ever been to a football match before, because it sounded like a five year old kid would have done a better job of it.

This brings me on to the other Mike.

Our esteemed Chief exec is supposed to be running an SPL Club. Allowing an idiot to be the voice of the club reflects badly on it. Also there was no 50/50 draw today due to the club forgetting to print tickets. We cannot even give the club money!

It does not matter who decided that the announcer was right for the job, or who forgot to get the tickets printed, the buck stops with Mr Smith.

How very amatuerish.

:33:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

In his defence I am reliably informed that he was told that the majority of Caley fans are blind hence the reason he kept telling us the score!

Nothing worse than perceived lack of thought or professionism, it don't matter weather it is the quality of the pies or the stewards or what ever it reflects on the whole club, a mistake which prevents the incomming revenue of the club is unforgivable in my opinion.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

The phrase 'Mickey mouse club' comes to mind. I think the guy was trying to be funny... trying but failing. If he'd been on a stage in a Charlie Chaplin movie he'd have been hooked by the neck with a long walking stick.

I don't understand why they don't ever read out all of the scores at half time. At the very least it'd be good to hear SPL, County, Peterhead, Elgin ("lets all laugh at...") and Clach.

But whatever happens, DON'T BRING BACK TICH MCOOEY!!!!!!!!

I had an announcement made yesterday as it was my son's birthday.  He said he was 13 on Saturday, remind me what day it was yesterday.  :001:  The sound was worse than ever, really couldn't hear what he was saying. I think it would be worth paying decent money to get a professional in to do this job, it would help with the atmoshphere too.

quote from pele-is-god

Were not an SPL side off the park unfortunately, I think the car park is the only positive move hes made since becoming chief-executive!

I have to disagree here.  He made an invaluable contribution to maintaining an orderly queue for the sale of the Scotland tickets.  :015: :015:

There can be no excuses for the lack of the 50/50 draw.  The club must try and maximise its revenue on match days, it's very disappointing that something as basic as organising the 50/50 draw has not been carried.  Mike you're the Chief Executive and you're ultimately responsible for ensuring these types of jobs are done.  This basic failure must not be repeated.

The sad thing is he was probably more "entertaining" than the first half's football and he reminded me of the voice you hear in a garden centre offering reduced price fruit trees.

I think someone, somewhere, lost a game of cards on Friday night....... 

I know the lack of atmosphere at home games has been discussed on here many times, but Saturday was the worst I've seen.  I had three English friends with me and they simply could not believe it.  I agree with those who say a better announcer would help.  Surely it would be worth investing in someone more professional, (perhaps with a DJ background) who could help motivate the crowd before the game and at half time.  Also, how about information about our youth team and reserves (results, fixtures etc).

A good stadium announcer can do a great deal to encourage the crowd to be enthusiastic.

Saturday's was as depressing as the football on offer.

Totally agree about the lack of 50-50 being a complete fiasco and embarassment.

Remember a couple of years ago when you were approached by 2 or 3 lads almost forcing you to buy a ticket as you came through the turnstile.

Even when they ARE on sale these days the effort required to find someone who will give you a ticket is incredible.

Programmes (especially at £2.50 a throw) are another source of income.

Saturdays when they are on a sale as you approach the North Stand are becoming few and far between. Arrive after 2.50 and they can be "sold out".

I know a couple of young lads whos collection was ruined by programmes being unavailable at a recent home game. For this reason, they see no need to buy a programme at any future game.

We need to get the simple things right.

Surely it would be worth investing in someone more professional, (perhaps with a DJ background) who could help motivate the crowd before the game and at half time.  Also, how about information about our youth team and reserves (results, fixtures etc).

I have been saying this for a long time now, completely agree. 

Surely it would be worth investing in someone more professional, (perhaps with a DJ background) who could help motivate the crowd before the game and at half time.

Offered my services for free on several occasions in the past but never had even the slightest interest in the offer being taken up. 

The powers that be seem to have some fear regarding giving the mic to someone who actually knows what they are doing incase they accidentally create any kind of atmosphere at the stadium.

This is also concerning our lack of off-field professionalism.

I coach our village P6/7 age group, and took them imto TCS on Sunday for the soccer-sevens tournament. It was a miserable day, the heavens opened all through the tournament. Nevertheless all the teams turned out, plus many parents to watch. I'd estimate there was a good 300-400 people there.

Now on such a miserable day, and with a healthy turn out at the stadium, the least you'd have expected the club to do was open up one of the coffee bars. Nope....not a single one. Parents spent half their time making coffee/snack runs into town. Surely the club should have realised the potential was there to make some extra cash, no matter how little. It didn't reflect well on ICT, judging by some of the comments I heard.

It's quite simple, off the field we are a mickey mouse club.

The catering is awful, The P.A system is non-existent, The tannoy announcer is pish, the car park is a farce, the club shop is a porta-cabin, the quality of stewarding is very poor, the list is endless...! 

It's quite simple, they should get the Disco Brothers in to do the tannoy announcements and entertainment, we actually know what we are doing!

:003:

Where the club got that guy from on Saturday I do not know.  Must have found him in The Keg on Saturday morning or something

It's quite simple, off the field we are a mickey mouse club.

The catering is awful, The P.A system is non-existent, The tannoy announcer is pish, the car park is a farce, the club shop is a porta-cabin, the quality of stewarding is very poor, the list is endless...! 

It's quite simple, they should get the Disco Brothers in to do the tannoy announcements and entertainment, we actually know what we are doing!

:003:

Where the club got that guy from on Saturday I do not know.  Must have found him in The Keg on Saturday morning or something

I agree with all of the above 100% and here's another one:-

I have been tempted for ages to go and paint the "yellow"  ICT car park gates which are unsightly and for £20 or so they could be nice red and blue stripes. It's like your business sign on your door hanging off!   

Well Caley D--you are too clever a man to worry about why you are unappreciated.

Just continue to keep on keeping on, doing your thing to the high standards you always seem to aspire to and let us all other muckers continue be thankful for it.

Oh, and that includes Scotty also as the second member of the dynamic duo who know what they are actually doing in their field of competence.

The irony of my life is a similar tale of demonstrated excellence without appreciation and the secret that I found to the matter is ....ignore it, set your own standards and goals and ultimately reap the rewards in other ways ...i.e. in heaven if you can hang on long enough to get there.. :005:

S.P. :011:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I read with interest all the complaints about the lack of professionalism off the park but really from what I've seen so far this season the same as we all know can be applied to our 'on the park' activities, in fact I would say that there is a general malaise throughout the club which has affected the fans this season, we really must bring in some new blood come January and yes it is true that backstage could do with some level of refurbishment.

I can go back to our first SPL home game with Dunfermline. ie the first season that we were promoted, I posted that the PA was  and I quote "pish " Caley D was quick to come in with a retort that PA was quite acceptable  and was heard all over the stadium and nothing was wrong ad of course that I had to look at the positives.  I have sat  for all that time and never said anything about the pa and always thought the same and a I can only say the PA is Pish and does'nt even qualify for Highland League standard, that is only my opinion and I respect everyones own opinion on it depending on where you sit I sit above the away dugout and I cannot hear team lines half time scores 50/50 and I have had my hearing checked  and I stand by my original post at the time. :017: