FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I.C.T fans going to Hampden. Why?

You in the utd end mate??

Yip. Born in Dundee, brought up an arab, still have a soft spot for them. Great day yesterday, but it didn't have the manic intimacy and sheer enjoyment for me that Ayr away had. I suppose that's what happens when you revisit things, the feelings of involvement fade.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I dont see the problem. I support ICT. I also enjoy watching football. I enjoy the atmosphere of live football so I went to the final. Not the first final I've been to and it wont be the last either. I also go to other games when my own team are not playing. Where's the crime in doing something you enjoy. Yesterday was a great day out for me.

Not long back from the final. It's the first Scottish Cup Final I've been to in 20 years. I went not bothered who won. As it happened, the Arabs were worthy winners.

I guess in the eyes of many here that if somebody offers me a ticket for the World Cup Final they will be horrified if I go because Scotland won't be in it. Perhaps I might get an invite to the Champions League Final next week and, if I go, will be condemned because ICT ain't in it. What nonsense!

If someone offered me a ticket for the World Cup Final and it involved England V anyone. I would accept the ticket and hope/pray that England got humped! If I was offered a ticket for the County V United final I would politely decline. Was it comfortable sitting among fans of County who may be singing e.g LET'S ALL LAUGH AT CALEY?

If I was offered a ticket for the Champions League Final I would accept it big time!

Just out of interest: What teams were playing in the final 20 years ago? Who did you support or were you neutral? Did someone offer you a ticket?

Aberdeen v Celtic. Didn't go to that one.

Last SC final I went to was Falkirk v Killie in 97 at Ibrox. Killie won 1-0. No I wasn't offered a ticket though I did go with a crowd of Falkirk fans.

Not long back from the final. It's the first Scottish Cup Final I've been to in 20 years. I went not bothered who won. As it happened, the Arabs were worthy winners.

I guess in the eyes of many here that if somebody offers me a ticket for the World Cup Final they will be horrified if I go because Scotland won't be in it. Perhaps I might get an invite to the Champions League Final next week and, if I go, will be condemned because ICT ain't in it. What nonsense!

If someone offered me a ticket for the World Cup Final and it involved England V anyone. I would accept the ticket and hope/pray that England got humped! If I was offered a ticket for the County V United final I would politely decline. Was it comfortable sitting among fans of County who may be singing e.g LET'S ALL LAUGH AT CALEY?

If I was offered a ticket for the Champions League Final I would accept it big time!

Just out of interest: What teams were playing in the final 20 years ago? Who did you support or were you neutral? Did someone offer you a ticket?

Last SC final I went to was Falkirk v Killie in 97 at Ibrox. Killie won 1-0. No I wasn't offered a ticket though I did go with a crowd of Falkirk fans.

For the love of God, i hope you had a good wash after.

For the love of God, i hope you had a good wash after.

I lived in the area for 20 odd years.

Did anyone else hear the TV commentator say that Barrowman was at County on loan? Surely that must be a mistake!

[shudders]

Perhaps he's coming back in the summer to lead our line in the SPL, having shown yesterday that he can still do it just as effectively as he did with us before.

Did anyone else hear the TV commentator say that Barrowman was at County on loan? Surely that must be a mistake!

[shudders]

Perhaps he's coming back in the summer to lead our line in the SPL, having shown yesterday that he can still do it just as effectively as he did with us before.

Yes, I heard that as well. Presumably the commentator found it hard to believe County would have actually paid money for him.

Exfeckincactly - Thistle were never the Caley Rivals - We hated Elgin first and fore most and then feckin County

Yarp Yarp Yarp, thats pretty much how i recall it....especially Elgin!

O 2 , O 2 B, O 2 B a Jaggie. Got your wishes in the end. B)

:lol::lol::lol:

I was in the United end, a good friend is a massive Arab and wanted a place to crash for the weekend. I was at the game, never paid for the ticket and absolutely hated it until United were 3 up. It was great seeing the joy on my mates face and the party after. C*unty fans sat the whole game, never sang or made a noise. Most likely 'cos most of them had never been to a game of football in thier lives and the genuine supporters were all dispersed in among all the off duty rangers fans and novelty enthusiasts.

And just for the record - I'd rather support the Taliban than ross c*unty FC.

I was in the United end, a good friend is a massive Arab and wanted a place to crash for the weekend. I was at the game, never paid for the ticket and absolutely hated it until United were 3 up. It was great seeing the joy on my mates face and the party after. C*unty fans sat the whole game, never sang or made a noise. Most likely 'cos most of them had never been to a game of football in thier lives and the genuine supporters were all dispersed in among all the off duty rangers fans and novelty enthusiasts.

:lol::lol::lol: B) One liner of the year!

I think that is right. The team were overawed, and didnt have the fans to make them feel at home.

Also "occasionals" tend to take these things a lot harder. I spoke to several Staggies yesterday who were "gutted", but the "real fans", (god I hate that term) knew that the slate is already wiped clean, and they have next season to look forward to. I wonder how many of the 17k that went will go back to Viccy Park. The joys of being a wee team.

The same thing can be said about the crowd for any team that gets to a final. How many of the 30,000 Dundee Utd fans will be back at Tannadice given their average attendance is about 8,000.

If we were to get to a final I would love it if we could take near 20,000 even if most are glory hunters or don't go to games normaly, it happens with every team. Even our crowd on the last day of the season was over 6,000 when we were getting 3,000 normaly. Seems the way some people are going on about the amount of fans County took and if they would be back next season are a bit jealous.