FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Ferguson and playing for Scotland

Row S

Did you see the wee f*d on TV yesterday speaking out in defiance of the critics and about his readiness to play for Scotland?  This followed up the debate on Radio Scotland either side of the match commentaries on Saturday, fuelled by Jim Traynor.  Personally, I'm with JT on this, i.e. that Bazza is not ready to play for his country, especially not against France.  Viera and Co. will take him apart.  I also don't think that he can play in the same team as Paul Hartley.  Even a half fit McFadden will be more effective than BF.  I also hope that Gary Caldwell isn't playing either.  He's another liability   

I started a thread about the same thing on PnB but with Quashie missing the game at the weekend because of injury he is one of the few players in the sqaud with any real experience.  I'd expect a 5-3-2 with:

Gordon

Daily    Caldwell  Pressley  Weir    Alexander

Fletcher    Ferguson    Hartley

McFadden

O'Connor/Boyd

Guest Suspicious Mind

As sure as "eggs is eggs" Walter will play him.

Hope this decision doesn't come back to haunt him as apparently, his performances this year have been poor and limited.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for the young Hibees who have been playing out of their skins at times this season and tend to perform best against "footballing sides".

Guest MIDGE55

Don't know why he continues to get a game. Walt's beginning to become like McLeish in that respect. Im Scottish through and through, but would love to see him have a howler, or even better, miss a penalty in the last minute-whilst at 1-1 of course.........

What a stupid statement!

I have never been a BF fan, especially since he came back north, but I would like to think that, when all those available to play are being scrutinised on the training ground, Walter Smith will pick the best team to face the French on the day. Remember, just cos he's in the squad, he may not even play.

Guest sophia

Deary deary me.

"I also hope that Gary Caldwell isn't playing either.  He's another liability "

Its great being a football fan. The best thing about spouting in a bar, work or on the web is that it doesn't really count. Its fun though.

The only opinion that counts is WS's.

He got it right, I know he did, because the result is recorded as a home win.

For what its worth I think that BF is a decent footballer, I remember seeing him playing for Rangers against Copenhagen before he headed South and his ability on the ball was the difference for our European representative that night.