FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

highlights of games on website

Misher23

still waiting on clarification of the rules from the SPL. Andy is ready to continue his cam-work, we just need clarifications - especially for live games where its being filmed anyway

With highlights being available on the BBC website around 24 hours after the game has ended I can't see a need for Andy to carry on recording matches. What might be quite good though is if he can film interviews with the players and backroom staff pre and post match which would utilise his obvious enthusiasm for doing this kind of stuff.

And with that I am off to watch the highlights of the Raith Rovers game!

Edited by RiG

Really hope we are allowed to have a set-up similar to last season, i can see how it might be difficult given on the rights issues in the SPL

It was great to have highlights so readily available last year

Kudos to all who made it happen last season, everyone i spoke to about the highlights being available online thought it was great

With regards to the higlights on the BBC website - these are normally not available overseas. We can sometimes get the interviews with TB but not often any actual match action. That is why the ICT website footage is so good - hope they can continue providing this.

Trust me folks - overseas access to highlights (as well as access for those in the uk too) is forefront in my mind (for my own selfish reasons !) ....... It used to be the case that club websites could show footage globally behind a members only section but the likes of the BBC could only show within the UK as that is what they purchased the rights for and why it is blocked overseas (and also why the Sc Cup is also blocked).

I am waiting on an updated set of media/broadcasting guidelines from the SPL (via the club) and once i have those in my hands we will be able to figure out how (or if) we will be able to deal with audio, video, highlights and anything else of that ilk via the club's official website.

Please bear with us ... It may not happen for the first few games, or the footage may be unprocessed (no fancy titles etc) - but normal service like the latter end of last season will hopefully be available as soon as we can sort out the do's/donts

I'm not forgetting the overseas fans but I am remembering that it is the majority that tend to be catered for and not the minority as we all know so I don't know if the duplication of effort will be worth it. I guess it will all come down to an agreement between the club and the SPL.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...