FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BBC Celtic

kilda

Is it just me or was tonights cut of the game on sportscene appalingly biased towards the action involving Celtic attacks.

I was at that game and for the first 20 minutes we dominated Celtic. From what we saw tonight they it looked like they dominate the entire match.:_nonono:

Edited by kilda

I understand where you're coming from. It appeared they only showed the clear cut chances. It p*sses me off how they ALWAYS leave our highlights til the end of the programme EVERY week. Wee bit of variety would be nice. Levein was pretty accurate though with his comments about us and our performance in the first 30 minutes. Surely Ryan Esson must be on his radar now.

Ryan had a great match, at the very least the program did reflect that and Levin is an honest man. I just wonder how they get away with it all the time, after all the match was shown live on Sky and everyone who I have talked too, who couldn't get to the match and watched it on Sky, said how close we were in the first half. You wouldn't have known that from watching Sportscene.

Edited by kilda

Shots on target ICT - 3

Shots on target Tic - 15

Shots off target ICT - 5

Shots off target Tic - 7

Its not hard to see where all the 'highlights' would come from but yes, I agree, the OF will always get more of the highlights coverage. Unfortunately its something we'll have to live with. I watched the game live on Sky and Tic weren't in the game for the first 20-30 mins.

I thought it showed the game in it's true light. We were overrun in the second half and could not muster a decent attempt on goal. Celtic on the other hand swamped us. We were the better team for twenty minutes or so, then reverted to type.

Small team fans mentality going on here.

If we had the chances that Celtic had I am sure they would have been on the highlights.

• Agree 2

We didn't turn up for the second half and even though we had all the ball in the first 30 or so, I don't really remember too many clear cut chances for us. Can't show what isn't there after all!

As for bias etc, that always has and always will be the case for as long as more people in Scotland support either Rantic or Celgers than all the other clubs combined. Fact of Scottish football life I'm afraid!

We didn't turn up for the second half and even though we had all the ball in the first 30 or so, I don't really remember too many clear cut chances for us. Can't show what isn't there after all!

As for bias etc, that always has and always will be the case for as long as more people in Scotland support either Rantic or Celgers than all the other clubs combined. Fact of Scottish football life I'm afraid!

You're right about the bias Bridgender. For them, nothing exists further north than Perth (at the most) and we really should be grateful for that. But, telling you mate, we should have had a penalty in the first minute when Hayes was brought down by Hooverbelt or whatever he's called with a nice wee heel tap tackle that I would have been proud of in my rugby days. And Rooney's shot in the 1st half almost went underneath yon pole in goal. Nicky Ross could have scored in the 2nd half, had he realised he was on his lonesome at the back post and controlled/ volleyed instead of the header he did produce. I suppose there was an overall difference though - about five million quid or so.

hey - first post. im a sheffield united fan here in peace, moved up with work couple of months ago so have started going to caley games to watch football. i went to the celtic game, first time ive seen one of the old firm live and i thought that Caley were ok. the highlights that were shown was very biased towards celtic but if im honest i would expect from the bbc, its like man u or chelsea down south. I thought caley look trmendous early on in the game, really stuck it to them, shame they couldnt keep it up. i'll hopefully get to most home games, and hopefully see the legend that is terry butcher keep you boys up!

I missed the highlights but i can understand if it was all Celtic. We did over run Celtic in the first half for about 25 minutes but we didn't have that many great chances either. Even when we were dominating play it still looked like Celtic may take us on the break as their early chances were still more clear cut than ours.

• Agree 1

What did Craig Levein say about us folks?

regarding highlights, we dominated attacking play with a toothless celtic, until Malony hit the post. It then went 50/50 for the rest of the half, although celtic slowely came more dangerous as we gradually lost belief. Seemed to be Jonnys adrenalin was over come by a hurting rib cage after 30 minutes and thats about how long it took Mulgrew to win a challenge against him. Once that happened our outlet seemed to waiver and feel the pace of very little match time with injury on top.

Cant explain the second half, but were we not doing that at the beginning of last season, playing really well for 45 minutes and not so well the other 45.

Wonder what would have happened if Hayes got the free kick / penalty he deserved in the first 20 seconds. Goal might have changed the entire complection of the game, celtic heads down and ours buzzing. Saw 5 or 6 good chances for us, Hayes run and hooverbelts sneaky foul, Rooneys volley, Erics header, Rooneys turn shot and Ross's back post header. How many did auntie beeb show of that 5, as the rest was just promising attacking.

Also wondered why Mulgrew didnt get booked for continually trying to take Johnny down by any means in the first half hour, especially his side step shoulder block on a flying Hayes. that would have put Mulgrew under pressure to stand off him after, but was that just ref preference towards celtic. If Rossco or Grant had done that to Malony they would have gone in the book me finks

Are we talking about Rooney's volley that was hit powerfully but at least 10 yards wide. It may have been an opportunity, but as soon as he went with power the direction was wayward. Celtic's chances were much more clear cut and Esson did well to keep the ball out on numerous occasions. I have no issue with us being the better team in the first half hour or so, but we still never created anything remotely like troubling Zalukas to any great discomfort.

I seem to have watched a slightly different game.

Tm4tj - point I was making was in that first half hour did Celtic even get as far as our penalty box. Once Johnnys adrenalin faded, so did our control on the game, or our foothold as you would see it. Rooney volley did go less than 10 yards wide, about 5 yards but that was only a couple of degrees angle on his foot getting wrapped round the ball! small margins

Dunno if anyone was listening to the radio (BBC Scotland) while trying to get out of the carpark (god knows, that's traumatic enough without listening to the radio), but I was totally amazed to hear the comments made about Smellsick and what happened during the match. It appears they weren't playing another team at all - all of us ICT fans were just watching an imaginary local team!!! How deluded can we be? All the commentators banged on about was Smellsick and basically how wonderful they are (no change there then), but I really think it's about time they woke up and smelled the coffee - Scotland does have a lot of other teams apart from the old firm and not all of us have the glory hunter mentality to support them!

Edited by madsooz

Dunno if anyone was listening to the radio (BBC Scotland) while trying to get out of the carpark (god knows, that's traumatic enough without listening to the radio), but I was totally amazed to hear the comments made about Smellsick and what happened during the match. It appears they weren't playing another team at all - all of us ICT fans were just watching an imaginary local team!!! How deluded can we be? All the commentators banged on about was Smellsick and basically how wonderful they are (no change there then), but I really think it's about time they woke up and smelled the coffee - Scotland does have a lot of other teams apart from the old firm and not all of us have the glory hunter mentality to support them!

Sounds like youll be giving MFR a go then.

Fact is people, and it may come as a surprise to some of you, if you pick up any newspaper or listen to any tv or radio programme then the bias will always be towards the OF. Thats the situation past, present and future. They dominate Scottish football, they dominate the Scottish media and no amount of moaning will ever change that.......unless you stop buying the papers and watching the programmes.

I think we're all fully aware of the bias towards the old firm in the Scottish media, but on the other hand I think ICT fans are fully justified in complaining about the lack of exposure our team gets, apart from in local press etc. On saying that, as me & the family were leaving Dundee after a truly stonking match, BBC Scotland actually said the word "fantastic" TWICE (yes, I said TWICE!!!) when commenting on how we played. High praise indeed!

Aye and now they have every set of highlights up except ours on the website. Useless.

Was just about to complain about the same thing. I've refreshed the page non stop for the last half an hour. Nowt. What are they playing at? Bloody typical, the one game from today I actually give a s**t about and it's the only one they haven't bloody put up yet!

Pretty pathetic stuff from the BBC. I can recall other amateurish stuff like this happening during our last SPL campaign. Sadly not much has changed it seems and there's absolutely nothing a minority like us can do about it.

BBC Sport Scotland - Designed for the OF.