FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butts in seats.....

GMD11UK

I noticed alot of empty seats at the peterhead game (i know, shock horror huh) the other night as with most midweek fixtures, you'd think with the price being a feeble ?10 adult, ?5 concession for anywhere in the ground it'd be a cheap night out.

Does the club not give any tix to the schools in the surrounding area anymore? Imagine if we decided that maybe one of these diddy cup fixtures at home were a free event, i think we'd get so many people along for the night, see some highland football and create a potentially great atmosphere and a hell of alot more than 1,001 folk along on a half decent wed night to see caley hump peterhead 3-0.

i think alot of people who are old firm fans who never attent a rangers/celtic match, might just decide to come along more often to see football...ya know....not on the telly?

No national trophies are "diddy cups" until you're out of them.

And it wouldn't be free would it? ?2 for a juice, ?3 for a burger, ?2 programme, ?2 parking, etc., etc. , ...

Schools would not have wanted freebies anyway as the kids wouldn't have got home until well after 10 o'clock when they should be tucked up in bed.

I thought 1001 was reasonable for a midweek game against 2nd division opposition in the early stages of a cup game.

• Agree 1

well if you take away the ticket price then its still a cheap night out!!

1,001 is a good attandance but why not make the north stand, those crap seats on the west side and the uncovered areas of the main stand free and then if you want to sit in the covered area of the main stand pay a fiver! i think that would be a winner, certainly be more than 1,001 there that night!

ICT used to put free tix into my school all the time, mind you that was when we were in the 3rd & 2nd division. when they didn't i payed to get in...needed my ict fix!

why not try to put as many butts in seats as possible, it would make for a great atmosphere!

I noticed alot of empty seats at the peterhead game (i know, shock horror huh) the other night as with most midweek fixtures, you'd think with the price being a feeble ?10 adult, ?5 concession for anywhere in the ground it'd be a cheap night out.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Dad and 2 kids = ?20 entry, ?2 parking, ?2 program, ?12 at half-time = ?36 for an evening watching ICT v whoever in a meaningless (unless you get to the semis or final) cup.

Definitely not a cheap night out.

Totally a great idea but I wouldn't want the club to go down the road Livvy did where the majority of the crowd had complimentary tickets. Given the choice of a free ticket and paying to get in which would you do? The club needs to find a balance and I'm sure they are better placed to identify what that balance is than we are. Things are improving off the park as well as on it, have patience.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Dad and 2 kids = ?20 entry, ?2 parking, ?2 program, ?12 at half-time = ?36 for an evening watching ICT v whoever in a meaningless (unless you get to the semis or final) cup.

?10 actually and ?5 for concessions.

?10 actually and ?5 for concessions.

Dad and 2 kids = ?20 entry as stated in my original post.