Man of the Match

Oldken27

MoM was a very strange selection today.

It must have been Rooney's father, mother or brother who paid fot the dubious honour of making such a mistake in selecting MoM!

Poor Rooney was not able to win one ball in the air in the first half and really did not improve much in the second half. He was not alone in his poor play and only Ross stood out amongst the forwards as trying and having some success.

Having won five corners on the trot within 15 minutes he was substituted - a very strange decision unless he was injured.

Grant Munro grafted at the back but we lost the whole game in the first minute!

neksor

• Agree 1

MoM was a very strange selection today.

It must have been Rooney's father, mother or brother who paid fot the dubious honour of making such a mistake in selecting MoM!

Poor Rooney was not able to win one ball in the air in the first half and really did not improve much in the second half. He was not alone in his poor play and only Ross stood out amongst the forwards as trying and having some success.

Having won five corners on the trot within 15 minutes he was substituted - a very strange decision unless he was injured.

Grant Munro grafted at the back but we lost the whole game in the first minute!

neksor

Whilst I agree that Rooney was not worthy of MotM it's a bit harsh to slate him for his poor play especially when trying to win headers against someone the size of Mensing. It would have made more sense to try and play balls in behind Hmailtons brute of a CB instead of lobbing them up in the air where he was easily going to win the dual.

Basically I think you are being harsh on Rooney in an area where it was more the service he received that was to blame as opposed to anything he did.

Aye, while he shouldn't have got MOTM I wouldn't be too critical of Rooney's performance. He put the effort in and was unlucky not to get a penalty in the 2nd half. As has been stated though it was hopeless just lobbing the ball up to him to try take on Mensing in the air, Mensing was winning it easily every time. Nae use.

There wasn't anyone on the pitch that stood out as a MOTM for me though really, in our team or theirs! Poor poor game.

It's not the first time the MOTM award has been a bit bizarre. I seem to recollect last season after the Morton 1-0 borefest, Odhiambo (who'd had a horrible game) was awarded it, and a few seasons ago Ian Black seemed to be the default awardee no matter how he played.

Here is a psychological perspective - It would appear that most posters would have struggled to name a specific indivdual yesterday for MOM. Can anybody actually say that anybody in particular stood out.

It is a bit like the Weakest Link - ya have one contestants who excels in three rounds but then goes off the boil, with the rest lagging as well, and the group dont make any money. The other contestants will still look at the exceller as being the "best" overall and may even say that the exceller remains the strongest link.

Mind you the selector could have been pihsed as well .