FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ipswich's form

RossP

I think he'd go to Ipswich. There's a lot of money behind them, which is why Keane isn't being looked upon favourably. But Keane is still there and Butcher would only be one of a number of targets, so no need to fret about something which has every chance of not happening.

Keane is still there because a couple of wins and then Ipswich would be close to the playoff zone. How they beat West Brom i'll never know, Priskin was a disaster. Preston, Leicester and Watford will seal his fate either way. I would think Terry would be a candidate if Keane went, and it's not a bad team they've got - they need a man-manager, to instill confidence...

However, let's all hope Keane stays!!!

...at the rate which Keane seems to be losing his job at Ipswich??

I imagine Ipswich would be the only side other than Rangers who would be able to lure Terry away this season :unsure:

Yes, unlike the vacancy at Aberdeen, that would concern me. I think TB would relish the opportunity of returning to Portman Rd again. Ipswich, in the early eighties under Bobby Robson were an incredible side, and TB was very much part of that success. I'm sure he would be very tempted if a vacancy was to arise at that club.

Keane's contract expires at the end of the season so unless things decline dramatically i think he will be there till then at least. I think it is one of few jobs i think Butcher would mull over accepting but stats show he is a better manager in Scotland.

Edited by ajsict92

Yip - but only because I follow the Tractor Boys. Season started so well and then has stuttered to a halt with only a most unlikely run in the League Cup keeping the heat that he desrves off RK. I suspect Arsenal over two legs will put a halt to that also. Seemingly were unlucky to lose 3-1 at the weekend but back to the same old story as last season and shipping a barrow load of goals again each game. Paul Mariner is another of the old boys out there who would like to have a go in the hot seat at Portman Road. George Burley has already had his shot and I can't see him going back.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

• 2 weeks later...

ABSOLUTELY MENTAL weather in the Ipswich v. Leicester match just now; really can't believe they are playing this game, as you can't see a blade of grass from the snow. It doesn't look like letting up either!

The good news for Roy Keane and us is that they are winning 3-0 with 30 mins to go. That should take some heat off Keane for now :furtive:

• 3 weeks later...

I think Ipswich will be aiming a lot higher than Butcher. People linked Terry with Preston, who then appointed Phil Brown, and Burnley, who are trying to get Paul Lambert. That's the calibre of manager he'd be up against if he was interested.

There are plenty of managers around with better reputations in England, where both Terry & Mo have a track record of failure.

So I don't think we should worry about losing them - on this particular occasion.

• Agree 1