FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup run....

TopSix

86 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you think we'll go...

Hearts out, Killie.... one of the ugly sisters.... (preferably the green ones putting the blue ones out going on previous with the green variety).

I think (and hope) we can make it to the final this year. What are your thoughts? With league form taking a dip, I think we may go on a cheeky cup run. With farmer.gif making it to the final last year, there's nothing to stop us doing it this year (or perhaps even going one better).

This could be the season. COULD be. If we beat Morton, then we're in the QF. If we get someone like Brechin / Buckie / Ayr and beat them we are in the Semi. But we can beat any team left in the cup so if we get past Morton it should be interesting! Morton will be tricky though.

The poll asks 'how far will we go'

The game against Morton is round 5 so regardless of result we have reached that round........................................I know......pedantic barsteward

So if you thought, as Dougal apparently does (surprise, surprise!), that we were going to lose to Morton, which choice would you make?

The poll asks 'how far will we go'

The game against Morton is round 5 so regardless of result we have reached that round........................................I know......pedantic barsteward

So if you thought, as Dougal apparently does (surprise, surprise!), that we were going to lose to Morton, which choice would you make?

If I thought we'd lose to Morton I'd have chosen Round 5. As it is I believe this is our year for the final.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Sort our home form, we CAN make the final. But before the semi's at hampden, any team facing us at the Caledonian Stadium will fancy their chances.

If we were ever to have a successful Scottish Cup year, there surely wont be a much better year than this year.

According to the 'ton fans on P&B they're going to take a healthy support up on Saturday. I'm looking forward to this game. I really hope the team can turn in a good performance. We need a cup run.

more away fans than home fans again ?

• Agree 1

According to the 'ton fans on P&B they're going to take a healthy support up on Saturday. I'm looking forward to this game. I really hope the team can turn in a good performance. We need a cup run.

Did that actually happen? I don't think it did.

Considering Mortons home gates average around a thousand I would imagine a 'healthy support' to be no more than a couple of hundred.

Considering Mortons home gates average around a thousand I would imagine a 'healthy support' to be no more than a couple of hundred.

Just going by what they're saying on P&B. Maybe they're being overly optimistic? Or planning to employ the special Sellic FC UEFA Cup Final Seville (biggest movement of people ever in the history of the World) calculator ? Suppose we'll just have to see on Saturday...

ICT ticket office sold many for the away end?

• Agree 1

If I were a Morton fan I would be quite optimistic. Morton have not got a good away record in the league but trounced Airdrie in the last round. Inverness are one of the most charitable sides in Scotland when entertaining sides. Beat Inverness, draw Brechin and hey presto off on a Ross County run to the final having just come back from 1-0 down against the relegation battlers. They have the chance to create an absolute crisis at the Caledonian Stadium and we dream of progress at our peril. We were very lucky against Elgin. Morton have some very experienced and talented players in their ranks. A lot may hinge on whether Adam is still at the club on Tuesday morning. Remind me if Grant and Rossco will be eligible to play?

• Agree 1

My son and I took in the Morton-Ross County game yesterday, and I would suggest this could well be one very tricky tie.

Morton's league position is false, I would say that they, and Partick Thistle are the league's form clubs. Morton's new manager has settled in and got his players in now.

Im pretty sure their new striker Derek Lyle, is ineligible, which is a blessing but they've still got plenty to worry us. Their defence looks fairly tight Stuart McCaffery at the back beside centre-half Smyth. Jenkins and a young guy Tidser make the team tick. Up front Kean and Weatherson will get goals.

I see from the league table, that they haven't won away from home this season but as I say this team have gelled and with our poor home record I don't think it's relevent.

I honestly wouldn't be in the least surprised if this goes to a replay.

we're now 16/1 to win the scottish cup outright !

I got 35/1 on the day of the last round before we played Elgin Shi**y. On the Monday we were down to 16/1, tasty odds and the drinks are on me if we win the cup!!

Morton's league position is false, I would say that they, and Partick Thistle are the league's form clubs.

Ahem...... http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one/2010-2011/form-table/full

We're top oh the league and we're no.... :tears:

...and to keep the thread on topic, i'd be Dee-lighted to come along for a day oot to Hampden if ICT get there :thumbup:

Edited by Heilandee

If I were a Morton fan I would be quite optimistic. Morton have not got a good away record in the league but trounced Airdrie in the last round. Inverness are one of the most charitable sides in Scotland when entertaining sides. Beat Inverness, draw Brechin and hey presto off on a Ross County run to the final having just come back from 1-0 down against the relegation battlers. They have the chance to create an absolute crisis at the Caledonian Stadium and we dream of progress at our peril. We were very lucky against Elgin. Morton have some very experienced and talented players in their ranks. A lot may hinge on whether Adam is still at the club on Tuesday morning. Remind me if Grant and Rossco will be eligible to play?

I believe they both can play