FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Tackle last night

Tug

Horrendous looking tackle last night by Blackie on the hated one

been trying to find the still that they had on the back page of the record today but it doesnt seem to be online

shows blackie in mid air both feet up and diouf hitting the deck

the gay maybe be an @rse but that is one nasty looking tackle

Edited by Tug

One of these days Blackie will be on the end of a dangerous tackle himself. Diouf has done some stupid things in his career possibly linked to a different culture but has every right as has any ICT player to fair treatment. In defence of Blackie, he is a terrific competitor for a wee man, but he needs to keep it fair. There was an element of clumsiness about last hights tackle but as TV can lie, we respect the judgement of the referee.

If Diouf thinks thats bad wait til he tries walking down Argyle st, Bellamy & Lennon have both had slaps in Glasgow and neither are hated as much as him. Wouldnt condone that happening but wouldnt be surprised if it did some nutters out there and he will be a prime hate figure for the Celtic fans

I reckon, being the hate sponge that he is, Diouf might actually have had quite a bit of experience in handling himself. He will go down under any challenge, and the refs will be aware that there is a good chance that, SPL Mid range players whom, will struggle to get a cap, let alone represent their country at a world cup and be voted their continents best player (twice), will be looking for the easiest route to securing cult status. We will have yet another diver on our hands. Players get ripped to pieces for a dive, however, break the rules in a more aggressive and blatant manner, and you have yourselves a good lad. Bit rash sometimes, but a good lad.

• Disagree 1

This is a man who mocked a player lying on the floor with a broken leg just a few weeks ago.

Karmas a b**ch, eh Mr Diouf? :tongueincheek:

I have just seen a clip of that incident and am not going on Diouf's side but it looks like it was Mackie who 'went' for the other player and ended up with the broken leg.

Maybe karma is correct!

That tackle is no worse than what Lee McCulloch done to Samaras in the 1st Old Firm game of the season. And he escaped a 2nd booking.

Naturally there was going to be a spotlight on Black after the Jelavic tackle (which was poor) and with it being on Diouf who's had a fair share of press himself it was bound to be highlighted.

As far as I can see, a foul, a yellow, yes. "horror challenge" Not on your nelly. No chance. As already stated McCulloch does it every week.

And Ian Black has had a bad challenge on him before. Much worse than that. It was against Rangers at Tynecastle last season I believe. Kevin Thompson recieved a straight red for it.

If Nigel De Jong or Joey Barton had done it I'd point to the man who tried it just before Black which Diouf was lucky to shimmie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTc6WfGewYM

Black took him out but it wasn't overly dangerous. Seen far far worse, with far far more intent.