FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee Utd : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

Let's face it, we have been punching above our weight this season. Top six first season back was a big ask.

Our only hope is beating Motherwell, and hope they drop more points that sends them out. Dundee utd were always gonna be up there.

But with hibs, dons, St Johnstone all breathing down our necks, we just have to feel lucky we are away from the relegation fight.

We have blown our best chance so far for a top 6 place and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We got bowled over like a band of skittles tonight by some of the most inept displays of football i've seen from us in years.

Sure, we started well and almost sneaked ahead but slowly but surely we let United back into the game and were punished for doing so. Everytime we got into a good position we either screwed up with a combination of things. We either gave it away, played it out or fell over. We lacked any first touch and shooting chances turned into wasted crosses.

Quite frankly i'm glad we won't be finishing in the top 6 as it is clear we're losing our bottle. I understand that we were patched together again in terms of a team but tonight we were meant to have enough craft to carve out a result. Simply didn't happen.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 3

I've never left early before, but I was sorely tempted to do so tonight, even when it was 0-0. That was just simply an abysmal game of football; to charge £26 for a ticket for that is a scandal. I expect a deluge of complaints about the ref to follow, but I thought he was no worse than most of the duffers we've had this season, and he let our back four kick the s*** out of their forwards in the first half. Innes makes up for his lack of mobility (and ability) by being one of the dirtiest, nastiest players I've seen in our colours - a shirt tug here, a kick in the back of the ankles there. The United players were falling over like ninepins in the second half, but if I was being generous I would say it was because they expected someone to halve them.

We started brightly...and then it all faded after Doran was injured and we ditched two up front. With Foran deep we were pushed further and further back, with only a half-fit Hayes offering a threat. United were basically the least-bad team; my first thought for their first goal was that Innes had been fouled in the buildup, but he didn't appeal for it so I suspect he just made an @rse of it.

Pass marks to Esson, as usual, and Cox as well for effort. I don't think anyone else deserves any plaudits. Why was Duncan dropped?

That was just an utterly terrible game of football, one of the poorest I have ever seen. In fact, our performance resembled Hamilton whenever they came up here. Thats how bad and negative we seemed to be.

(rant over!)

Edited by hislopsoffsideagain
  • Agree 1

left early for the first time. have to say it seems very distant all the qualify for europe talk. top six absolutely no chance.

i have seen some crap through the years but tonights performance was pathetic.

we are the worst footballing side in the league. we cannot keep the ball for more than 3 passes. grant munro was shocking at left back. he is not a footballer. could'nt even do his trademark "howitzer to nobody" tonight. when in a crossing position or trying to clear his lines he trundled the ball across the ground.

surely we could have played duff there to better effect.

hayes had one good run and cross to i think foran who headed straight at goalkeeper when goal gaping. then hayes had a cross or maybe shot past the post. after that he kept tripping over the ball. the boy is not fit and even stopped taking corners as his foot was obviously too sore before trudging off.

at least united tried to keep possesion by playing passes but it was simple for them as we just hoofed it most of the time to one of their players or lost possesion after a couple of passes.

as long as hamiltom dont go on a great run we should be safe in 11th place which is surely where we will finish if the last 12-13 games is anything to go bye

Can't argue with the result as United were the better team but I was sure Goodwille pushed Innes over in the build up to there first goal.

Things might have turned out differently had Foran coverted Hayes brilliant cross early on but their keeper made a great save and that was pretty much Hayes contribution for the evening.

Can't believe the amount of aimless hoofing coming from the feet of Munro & Tokely it was actually embarrassing at times and it just invites more pressure as we gift possession to the opposition.

Thought Esson & Cox were OK but Duff was truly p**h. Why Duncan gets dropped at his expense is another Butcher mystery

On a lighter note it was nice to hear 'the voice of the Mysterons' has a new gig on the PA at ICT :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

Worst performance I have watched all season. Johnny Hayes worked hard but not fit and hooked in second half. Lots of long balls up to Rooney but as usuall way too high. Duff what can I say duff by name and duff passer by nature. We had one or two very good chances but no one wasw up to putting them in. For most of the game we were second to everything with DU sweeping forward in numbers and somehow they seem to be able to pass the ball to each other with ease, a trick that for most of the game we could not master. Foran got man of the match but in fairness it could have gone to any one of five DU players. The only good news is that there are two worse teams than ours in the SPL. I predict tenth place unless there is a massive change. Heaven knows how we would be looking in a ten team SPL, with this sort of performance we will all have sore necks looking up at teams above us. :cry:

If I was disasppointed by Saturday, I'm near suicidal about that. We were woeful. What was TB thinking about, fielding a slow back 4 entirely composed of centre backs against Conway and Swanson. It was a car crash waiting to happen and duly did. Rosscoe had his worst game in years and should have been sent off in the first half. Innes is past it, couldn't cope with what was a pretty average arab front line and midfield was overrun. When Prince Bawbag came on we were well and truly stuffed. Russel Duncan needed to be on the park tonight and to be honest it looks as if his face doesn't fit if he can't get a game in there. Still, if we were rank, we pale into insignificance beside that ref.

• Agree 1

Can't argue with the result as United were the better team but I was sure Goodwille pushed Innes over in the build up to there first goal.

Things might have turned out differently had Foran coverted Hayes brilliant cross early on but their keeper made a great save and that was pretty much Hayes contribution for the evening.

Can't believe the amount of aimless hoofing coming from the feet of Munro & Tokely it was actually embarrassing at times and it just invites more pressure as we gift possession to the opposition.

Thought Esson & Cox were OK but Duff was truly p**h. Why Duncan gets dropped at his expense is another Butcher mystery

On a lighter note it was nice to hear 'the voice of the Mysterons' has a new gig on the PA at ICT :tongueincheek:

Bugging me all night who the announcer sounded like - thats exactly it the voice of the mysterons! :werenotworthy:

Dire! Dire! Dire! and the ref was no better. In the car on the way home, the radio commentator said that we have picked up 9 points out of a possible 42 in thepast few months- Depressing. I feel that we are not getting value for money from our season ticket, 3 games won at home this season. !!!

I started the evening full of optimism, Russel Duncan was tiding up the balls before kick off by kicking them from distance in to the net bag for storing the balls,all on target. Terry Butcher came out all smiles and the boys on the pitch stood tall whilst the united players looked inferior, almost as if they expected to be beaten tonight. Then the whistle blew for kickoff, dont really want to say much more than that tonight.

Does anyone else just want the season to end now? :sad:

Yup me

Let's write to that Doncaster chap then. He's proposing to start the season early, so why not finish it early too?

"ICT's remaining league fixtures have been cancelled due to lack of interest, from both players and fans."

Ach, there's always the cup. Who've we got?

If tonight's game wasn't depressing enough I now see that Hamilton scored in the 4th minute of time added on against Hibs to make the result 1 - 2. I had originally predicted that scoreline, but last night in light of Hibs recent form I changed it to 0 - 2. Had I left it alone I would be 6th and now I'm 10th. However, every cloud has a silver lining - Hamilton's recent form is even worse than ours and whilst I'd now place us favourites for ending the season in 10th, we are at least a step nearer mathematical safety than we were at the start of the evening.