FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dubious Honour (sp)

Tug

looking at the bbc this morning and seeing hamilton have only won twice this season in the league i noticed that they have only beaten us and motherwell

fingers crossed that it is only the one victory they have against us

also noted that they have released cassilanuvo and marco pixao. two less players for us to deal with post split then

The Hamilton chairman has given up as well:

Accies chairman Ronnie MacDonald said: "I don't think these player exits are dramatic, but they'll certainly be followed by other non-achievers.

"We've arrived at the SPL almost by accident and we maybe shouldn't be here.

"I'm looking forward to the change and going back to our roots in the First Division. We haven't been good enough this year."

Cant say i'm sad, in fact i'm glad.

Fair comment...but is that just a sad reflection on the SPL or a chairman facing the reality that his team are never going to in a position to compete in this league?

also noted that they have released cassilanuvo and marco pixao. two less players for us to deal with post split then

They deal with players in a very bizarre fashion. They sign heeps of players, some get chucked after a few games, some are there till the end of the season. They really seem to lack stability in terms of a playing roster. Paixao has been an important player for them at times and to get rid of him with a few games left seems a bit strange. They also bought Casalinuovo. That seems a waste as well.

They must be getting ready to cut the team and prepare for Division 1 i think.

Edited by ajsict92

While I agree Hamilton do have an odd way of dealing with players, in this case Paixao is injured and recuperating at home in Portugal - they've basically told him his contract isn't being renewed and since he won't be fit for any more games there's no point coming back. Casalinuovo, meanwhile, has been offered a chance to train with a German team to get a contract for next year, which is why he has been released. Both have been fringe players this season anyway.

I can remember the time that we didn't do 0-0's...but that's progress I suppose :tongueincheek:

Our record under Terry Butcher isn't too bad in that respect, although it doesn't come close to Pele's, what was it, three and a half seasons without a 0-0? We've only had one league 0-0 this season (against Motherwell), two last season (against County and Dunfermline) and one under Terry the season before (against Celtic, in his first game - which we can let him off with).

Re the original post, though, I fully expect us to make an @rse of it against Hamilton - they're bound to win at least once before they take their leave, and given our record against them, we look like the most likely victims.

I can remember the time that we didn't do 0-0's...but that's progress I suppose :tongueincheek:

Our record under Terry Butcher isn't too bad in that respect, although it doesn't come close to Pele's, what was it, three and a half seasons without a 0-0? We've only had one league 0-0 this season (against Motherwell), two last season (against County and Dunfermline) and one under Terry the season before (against Celtic, in his first game - which we can let him off with).

Re the original post, though, I fully expect us to make an @rse of it against Hamilton - they're bound to win at least once before they take their leave, and given our record against them, we look like the most likely victims.

Oh dear, Mary, I do hope you are wrong - we want to sing all day about who's going down - they would do it to us so we will do it to them and, to Doooogie too - he who didnt want to stay with us in the SFL and now where is he? Off to the SFL. Poor Doooooogie...

Oh dear, Mary, I do hope you are wrong - we want to sing all day about who's going down - they would do it to us so we will do it to them and, to Doooogie too - he who didnt want to stay with us in the SFL and now where is he? Off to the SFL. Poor Doooooogie...

hopefully doogie will go to st mirren or somewhere then il be confident of stayi ng up next season

Just for the record we also had a 0-0 at home to Ayr last season.

I can see Accies going into oblivion. Their support is non-existent. Our away day in November there had a crowd of 2,000. Even then they were lying IMO. Hardly anyone there. They haven't won all season at home...I really hope they don't do it against us in May... either way... bye bye Accies!

Have they got any players worth signing?

A couple who could do a job. That Mensing I thought was quite a good player when I saw him this season and he can play a few positions too. There was Hasselbaink who impressed me earlier in the season also but not so much at the second time of viewing. Of course Thomas Cerny is another one, perhaps their best player at times (and the king of time wasting!), but ICT don't really need another keeper just now. I don't know about the rest of them though. Alex Neil was quite highly regarded and his contracts up at the end of the season but he seems constantly injured. Antoine-Curier is another one who's contract is also up soon. Could he do a job for ICT?

Edited by Renegade

But they did us a favour today by beating Hibs. That helps our bid to be 7th which, despite the negativity of some posters recently, would be a brilliant acheivement. If Hamilton could also see their way to beating Hibs again, and St Johnstone, that would be very helpful.