FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hamilton -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Great way to end with 4 wins on the bounce. And glad Munro and Duncan got a chance to say farewell. Another great season has drawn to a close. Bring on 2011-12.

ICT fans may enjoy the sight of this from the BBC website (you may have to look a little bit carefully to get it!) Clearly the computer is programmed to enter the left hand "place" column in response to the right hand "points" column and of course it would only be a complete optimist who could claim fifth place given that games in the top six are much harder than in the bottom six. But I'm sure this will still be a pleasant sight for Inverness fans.

Scottish Premier table

Saturday, 14 May 2011 16:58 UK

Position Team P GD PTS

1 Rangers 37 55 90

2 Celtic 37 59 89

3 Hearts 37 9 63

4 Dundee Utd 37 4 58

6 Kilmarnock 37 2 49

7 Motherwell 37 -16 46

5 Inverness CT 38 8 53

8 St Johnstone 38 -20 44

9 Aberdeen 38 -20 38

10 Hibernian 38 -22 37

11 St Mirren 38 -24 33

12 Hamilton 38 -35 26

It's also worth noting that ICT have by far the best goal difference - and the only positive one - in the bottom six.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Just back from the game. :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

nice end of season win for the lads and was really good to see russell, grant and danny get a run out. the whole team came over at the end. fans were brilliant singing for grant before during and after the game such a shame he didn't make it out for the second half. it will have been worth it tho, he got injured giving the wee nyff imrie a good kicking :nanananana:

either way great support for our two departing legends and more than one cheeky 'butcher sign him up chant' in grant's name :twothumbsup:

and on that note we really should!!! the defence was useless in the second half, they scored an unmarked header from a corner!! and any high ball into the box caused panic! not good, butcher, munro is needed! trust us.

everyone else did well i thought, no more so than nick ross, fantastic harrying and running today. on more than one occasion put in some sliding tackles and broke up hamiltons game. not to mention his steal and run to set up rooney for the winner. he is gonna be brilliant next year :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

ICT fans may enjoy the sight of this from the BBC website (you may have to look a little bit carefully to get it!) Clearly the computer is programmed to enter the left hand "place" column in response to the right hand "points" column and of course it would only be a complete optimist who could claim fifth place given that games in the top six are much harder than in the bottom six. But I'm sure this will still be a pleasant sight for Inverness fans.

Scottish Premier table

Saturday, 14 May 2011 16:58 UK

Position Team P GD PTS

1 Rangers 37 55 90

2 Celtic 37 59 89

3 Hearts 37 9 63

4 Dundee Utd 37 4 58

6 Kilmarnock 37 2 49

7 Motherwell 37 -16 46

5 Inverness CT 38 8 53

8 St Johnstone 38 -20 44

9 Aberdeen 38 -20 38

10 Hibernian 38 -22 37

11 St Mirren 38 -24 33

12 Hamilton 38 -35 26

It's also worth noting that ICT have by far the best goal difference - and the only positive one - in the bottom six.

alternatively ... just go to the league table page on this site ... our software cannot handle the split so puts us 5th !

More intersesting off the pitch than on it. Some good songs sung!

So It was Duncan and Munro's last game :( I actually cried when I saw duncAn at the end :'( xx

You are not the only one . I saw a few people with tears in their eyes . Duncan looked really upset hope Terry noticed. Nice of Grant to walk off the pitch with him .Won't be the same without them

I thought we didn't play too bad but Accies were unlucky not to get a point - or maybe another way to look at it is, they didn't deserve anything for the missed chances! An emotional day indeed for Munro and Duncan. Pleasantly surprised by the size of the away support and great atmosphere / singing in the away end. Lots of Imrie chants but nothing of the offensive varietythumbup.gif As one of the marchers, i was a bit disappointed with the decision to cancel our pitch march. Unfortunately the police over ruled Accies.redcard.gif Other than this, a reasonable game (2nd half esp.) and a fantastic ovation for the team / management and especially for the 2 legends!

I thought Nick Ross was miles better than he has been at other times of the reason and seemed more like the player he was at the start of it. Obviously that goal against Hibs has given him a bit of a boost. Also thought Aaron Doran played well - wouldn't mind seeing him back next season.