FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Pre-Season Thread

Guzz

[warn='This topic has been going down the wrong route, please get back on track.']Offending posts have been hidden while moderators discuss them. Dishing out red dots is not the end of the world, but please refrain from doing so when it is unnecessary. We will be monitoring this and persistent abusers will be warned.[/warn]

Guest Mahonio

Ok, i'll try this one last time.

Anyone willing to do updates for our remaining pre-season games, write out a pm to me and we can arrange things ok :wink:.

Edited by Mahonio

Not sure you will have many taker Mahonio as it's a bit time consuming and not worth the hassle just for the pre-season friendlies, but if anyone has the technology and time then please reply direct to Mahonio via PM. There may be one or two who are willing to share their thought's via twitter or this website, that may be another option.

Send me your number and i'll text you the scores..... If I remember! As IHE said, it can be a bit difficult at times. This is on one condition.... no more moaning about your dots!!!

Not long now! Anyone else wearing kilts? Myself, Govan Jaggie, IHE are confirmed kilt wearers..... who else?

Guest Mahonio

Send me your number and i'll text you the scores..... If I remember! As IHE said, it can be a bit difficult at times. This is on one condition.... no more moaning about your dots!!!

Not long now! Anyone else wearing kilts? Myself, Govan Jaggie, IHE are confirmed kilt wearers..... who else?

I was not moaning about them, if i am due them, i will accept them but getting MORE for asking for a little bit of help is LUDICROUS, i am sitting on -30, i am very worried that i could get banned because of my reputation which isn't fair because about 10 of the reds i got were UNDESERVED. Since when has asking for help been worthy of a red dot :annoyed:.

Now, that is my RANT over regarding red dots, you will all be sick of me by now no doubt, but i am only pointing out that i am getting treated UNFAIRLY on here because of something i posted A YEAR AGO. Sorry CapitalCaley man, i had to have one last rant, PLEASE don't slate me.

Getting back on topic, CapitalCaley, i think i have PM'd you my number but if i haven't then write out another quick PM ok :wink:. Also, 12th Man, yeah thats no trouble at all :twothumbsup:.

Edited by Mahonio

I'm coming to Bristol. Might even wear my kilt to an ICT game for the first time. What time does the pre-match discussion start? Afternoon tea anyone?

I was thinking along the lines of a wee lunchtime apairateef. We can check in to our hotel from 12 o'clock, so I will be ready by 12.05 for the festivities :twothumbsup: No kilt for me unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it :moon02: !!!

Guest Mahonio

Top Six who are you then?

I do updates via twitter (@mikeyict) only start that this season so still a few issues there, on facebook and by text, so if anymore people on thos forum want through some of these ways

Twitter @mikeyict

Facebook Michael Allan

Or if you want them by text PM me your number and I'll easy give you them

Mahoino I used to give you updates by text until you start moaning etc so I stopped

Thats understandable Mike but i wouldn't ask you to do them again even if we didn't have that fall out because i will only get someone to do updates for 1 year and then the next year, look for someone different to do them, i actually remember Wyness101 offering to do them last season at one point.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Top Six Next Year, thats for this quote a couple of posts up "Don't be tweeting him red dots", that comment made me laugh out loud :wink:.

Edited by Mahonio

I could be going down to livi :) not been there before but I've heard it's a dump...

You're correct. The ground is rubbish.

The 'announcer' also thinks he's a bit of a comedian. Last time I was there he kept referring to us as 'Inverness Thistle' and kept reading out the 'Dundee allstars' score as they were losing. And he played I've got a brand new combine harvester. Total tube.

I can't make any of the pre-season games either nor the start of the season :getmecoat:

Would have went down to Livi and probably up to Buckie as well but oh well will keep relying on you guys on here to keep up-to-date on the games :twothumbsup:

I could be going down to livi :) not been there before but I've heard it's a dump...

The 'announcer' also thinks he's a bit of a comedian. Last time I was there he kept referring to us as 'Inverness Thistle' and kept reading out the 'Dundee allstars' score as they were losing. And he played I've got a brand new combine harvester. Total tube.

I have to disagree. For a first division side they have a better stadium than us. Its also in a far better location for fans to get to.

I have to disagree. For a first division side they have a better stadium than us. Its also in a far better location for fans to get to.

Not going now so won't find any time soon sad.gif

I'm sure Scotty can extract some better figures from the club's official stats, but from looking at some stats websites I think we have played :

Falkirk 39 times

County 35 times

Livi 33 times

The team that we have lost to the most is Falkirk, 21 times, ouch.

But the team we have the most wins against is County, 17 times, which is nice.

Nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I notice that Mahonio has, in two posts attracted 6 red dots for what appeared to me, having no prior history with him/her, pretty innocuous posts according to the level on this forum......so maybe it is about time the management/mods were thinking about removing or drastically limiting a system which appears to be so open to abuse.

• Agree 1

Nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I notice that Mahonio has, in two posts attracted 6 red dots for what appeared to me, having no prior history with him/her, pretty innocuous posts according to the level on this forum......so maybe it is about time the management/mods were thinking about removing or drastically limiting a system which appears to be so open to abuse.

If you read 12th man's post you will understand why some folk have dished out the red dots.

The system can be abused but there is a message on this thread that makes it clear that the mods are monitoring this and will take action if appropriate. Personally I will give a red dot only if I think someone is out of order with a post and not just because I happen to disagree with a point of view. I get the impression most folk do this to. I personally think that the system has been helpful in weeding out a few individuals who thought they were being smart but were just being obnoxious - the dots made it clear they were not appreciated by the majority so they went away. Having said that, I do miss Dougal's posts..

• Agree 1

I'm sure our record against livi is currently EQUAL on games won, lost and drawn. I haven't checked soccerbase which is an excellent place to find the answer but an equal record does ring a bell. This game obviously won't be included in those stats though. For me Livi v Caley games are the best out there, or at least they were. They always meant more to me than the ross county matches ever did.