FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Buckie game

Tug

not to worried whos playing...in some respects quite glad the game is giving some of the younger lads a chance to impress against from what i hear are a not too shabby side

just nice to hear the score as im stuck down south till silly o'clock saturday morning

now 2-1...

The only 1st team players are Tade & Sutherland... WTF?

After 3 games in 7 days, I'm glad the rest of our squad are resting ahead of Saturday!

Any word on goalscorer?

now 2-1...

The only 1st team players are Tade & Sutherland... WTF?

After 3 games in 7 days, I'm glad the rest of our squad are resting ahead of Saturday!

Any word on goalscorer?

Gavin Morrison I believe.

3-1

3-2(penalty)

Edited by Dewsburydude

Buckie 3-3 ICT (FT)

Wow just how bad and lucky were we tonight, a very poor performance tonight I know it was mainly a young team but no-one was passing to a team mate

Goals from Gavin Morrison, G.Shinnie (pen) and Dingwall scrapped a draw for ICT

Dingwall goal coming in the 93rd

The most interesting thing was Shearer and Marsella seemed to offer no encouragement to the lads yet when butcher came down with 15 to go the players seemed to get a boost and finally get a draw

Sutherland was poor tonight, offered nothing, Morrison had a decent game with a good free kick, tade looked real good the 60 mins he got

Buckie 3-3 ICT (FT)

Wow just how bad and lucky were we tonight, a very poor performance tonight I know it was mainly a young team but no-one was passing to a team mate

Goals from Gavin Morrison, G.Shinnie (pen) and Dingwall scrapped a draw for ICT

Dingwall goal coming in the 93rd

The most interesting thing was Shearer and Marsella seemed to offer no encouragement to the lads yet when butcher came down with 15 to go the players seemed to get a boost and finally get a draw

Sutherland was poor tonight, offered nothing, Morrison had a decent game with a good free kick, tade looked real good the 60 mins he got

We were bad tonight but its only friendlys . Hopefully get our act together for Saturday's game

We were quite poor this evening but lets have a bit of realism here we were a team made up mostly of U19 players up against a big spending, very good, experienced and hard fighting (stupid phrase but lets say the Buckie players weren't playing a 'friendly' match...they kicked us off the park at times) Buckie team who have won the Highland League two years on the bounce.

As soon as I saw our line up I feared we may be in for a hiding but you have to praise the lads in battling back to get the draw and ensure we finished pre-season undefeated.

Our players showed their inexperience against what is basically a Highland League select team the way Buckie have been spending in recent years.

Shane was getting battered about by Buckie's centre halves (one of which being ex-ICT man Lewis MacKinnon)

I thought Tade was good, nice to see a bit of pace and strength in our side. He had one absolutely beautiful turn (Shame about the finish...infact since it was a game for Daniel Strong, we'll put that down as a good save by his dad) It was also good to see him beating people and cutting the ball back just a shame no one was ever there tonight except when Shane blazed over but we all know his right foot doesn't function properly haha.

Shinnie made a big difference when he came on and took his penalty well after being brought down in the box.

The best of our youngsters was probably Jack Sutherland who at the moment is probably the only man associated with ICT hoping we don't buy another RB.

Craig McMillan started for the Buckie Jags and Zander came off the bench in the second half (that shows the strength of the Buckie squad). Other ex-ICT men on show were Lewis MacKinnon, who I already mentioned, and Graham Stewart.

• Agree 1

The team sheet I got says the right back was a Thomas Piermayr, a trialist from Austria! Or was the team sheet wrong ?

The highland news reporting that it was the Austrian RB that played:

ICT boss Terry Butcher fielded trialist England Schools under-18 keeper Ed Baldy and Austrian right-back Thomas Piermayr (22) freed from LASK Linz in their last non-competitive game ahead Saturday?s SPL kick-off at Motherwell.

GK - Ed Baldy

CB - Andrew Skinner

Andy started on the bench.

Was at the game myself, had to leave before the end though (at 3-1) but I have to say it was a disapointing performance from the full-time ICT team. Granted if inexperienced.

Standouts for me were Martin Laing and the young right back (the Austrian lad?) who looked solid if not spectacular.

Buckie are a good side, watched them quite a bit since a friend signed for them and you can see why they are back-toback HFL champions what with the spine of the team ex-ICT first team squad players with most of them getting games for the first team. Not sure MacKinnon ever did? I know Craig MacMillan, Zander, Dave MacRae and obviously Spider did.