FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Christie comments

metalgecko

Don't know about others but I'm getting a bit hacked off with CC and some of his recent comments.

Today he said he was pleased that we managed to contain a team like Hearts for so long in the game. It was the same the other week when we blew a win against Aberdeen. He came out and said that although he was disappointed he was pleased that we could hold our our own against a team like Aberdeen.

CC. We are in the same league as them. We have had better results before so should we accept not winning just because other teams are Bigger than us. We have good players, a good team and are more than capable of beating anyone in the league. Have a bit more self belief please.

If we follow your rule then we should be happy with a point against Motherwell, D. Utd, Pars etc as they are more established clubs, arguably. Times change and we are a well established SPL club now. No more of this negative stuff please.

I haven't heard CC comments today but I was less than impressed with Hearts. They looked like a team in disarray. Hartley , who like him or not, is a good player just seemed to be going through the motions today and they semed liek a shadow of the side they were last season

I think you're a wee bit harsh on CC Metalgecko.

ICT are imo doing a **** good job of consolidating their SPL place.

Immediatly after the results I'm disapointed at drawing with Hearts and Aberdeen

but after a wee while I look at the bigger picture and say, hey look how far the team has come.

Ideally progression will continue, but right now we shouldn't neccesarily expect to beat clubs like these.

Oh dear, poor Charlie, he can't do right for doing wrong.

Don't you just get hacked off with people complaining about CC comments.

Leave the guy alone and think of something else to type.

Exactly..... I am really p1ssed off with this...every fecking week a new topic appears inviting commemts on CC...

Maybe when we've been languishing at the bottom of the SPL for a couple of weeks, then by all means question his team selection, the timing of his substitutions, his pre-match comments, his post-match comments, whether or not he makes enough fuss of his players, or acknowledges the supporters...etc, etc, etc.......

Give the guy a fecking break......

To be honest I don't really care what CC says at the minute as I am much more bothered about what is going on on the pitch on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday and right now we are playing some **** good stuff and have been very unlucky in games against 4 teams who make up the top 5 in Scotland right now. We just need our guys to finish off the odd chance and we will be fine and challenging for 2nd spot or whatever it is all the moaning folk seem to want from ICT this season  :006:

We are not an established SPL team yet. We dont have a team of SPL players. We have a team of players in the SPL and a bloody good job they are doing too. I doubt very much if Livi or Partick or even Dundee would say that they were ever established in this league, even when they spent big to try and achieve such.

Charlie Christie is doing a very good job, considering his lack of experience, and should be allowed to continue doing it in his own way without being slated by, so-called, fans who's expectations are way above what we are, or should be, achieving. CC's after match comments a what he believes at the time. He is realistic and knows how well his team are doing, whatever the result.

To those with the stupid, negative, comments about CC or the team......get into the real world and show support for a change.

Alex MacLeod

we are all entitled to our opinion and that is the beauty of this site. Perhaps I didn't get my point over the way I would have liked, maybe more in my frustration after the game. However that does not entitle anybody to question my support for the team as you put in your reply.

I am passionate in my support of the team and have spent thousands following the team home and away over the last few seasons as well as buying shirts etc. Add to that on many occasions paying for hospitailty out of my own pocket, not as a corporate deal, to give the club a few extra pounds. Buggering up my work roster, family holidays and other events all in the name of supporting my team I think that allows me to be called a true fan of the club.

I think CC is doing a good job but there are still times when I'm not happy with what he says.

I'll say no more about this then.

As a fan I occasionally think how can he be happy with that performance? or why isn't he angrier? However on the radio last week the pundits were praising Charlie for the way he doesn't get carried away after a good result but neither does he go over the top when we get a bad result.

Charlie didn't say that he was pleased to contain Hearts for so long in the game, he said he was pleased that we pressed them back for so long the game. Metalgecko, you haven't heard him properly.

We played very well against Hearts and against Aberdeen and it's only right that Charlie should give credit to the team when they play well.

It's called "keeping your feet on the ground" - as fans it is our job to be the ones getting carried away every week, wether it's due to a good or a bad result.  It's CC's job to steer a steady ship and getting carried away or going to the extremes in his actions or comments is not going to achieve that.  Personally I enjoy listening to CC's interviews, they are more often than not a true reflection of how things have gone/are going - if anything, he is guilty of being the opposite of the accusations presented in the opening post on this thread as (overall) we are doing pretty darn well this season and the players (and cc) deserve all the praise they get - and more!!!

It's a lot better than listening to Brewsters "eeehhhh well eeeehhh I think we won because eeeeehhh we scored more goals"

There is nothing wrong with trying to be realistic and judgingby some of the posts on this board it is probably a good thing he is lowering expectations

Spot on CC.

He is a total realist and does not buy into the top six/Eoropean debates.  As he says, if we are still in proximity to the top six come March, then a big push for it will begin, otherwise, we will be looking over our shoulder till the season closes.

I think CC has got it right. The number 1 priority every season is avoiding relegation and when that is achieved - either because another team has a nightmare start or because we have a good one - then other goals such as top 6 or European qualification become realistic targets.

I know we all like to think of ICT as world beaters and prefer to banish all thought of relegation from our minds, but the truth is that at the beginning of each season we are very much one of the group that are considered relegation candidates.

Celtic and Rangers are not going to be relegated, and out of the rest, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, and Kilmarnock seem to comfortably avoid the dropzone each year ... those teams have routinely finished in the top six for a few seasons now. That leaves us with 6 teams including ourselves who could possibly have a nightmare set of results and find that relegation is a distinct possibility. I think Charlie's attitude in realising this gives us an edge over some of the other sides who feel they are "too big to go down".